• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

When I go on this forum sometimes it is slow. Either when I click something it takes a little while to load or I have to double click or refresh the page to get to the thing I want. Sometimes this happens with posting a comment or a reply but more commonly when I click a link to go to a post or to my profile. My internet connection is great with the other sites I go to. So is this a problem with the forum itself or is it just me?

#2 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

Same as always for me.
No signature here....

#3 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

When I go on this forum sometimes it is slow. Either when I click something it takes a little while to load or I have to double click or refresh the page to get to the thing I want. Sometimes this happens with posting a comment or a reply but more commonly when I click a link to go to a post or to my profile. My internet connection is great with the other sites I go to. So is this a problem with the forum itself or is it just me?

I've actually had the exact same issue myself, but since no one else mentioned it, I thought the problem must've been on my side somewhere. It actually happens quite often to me that I have to click a link twice for it to work. The issue would be on the server level, if anywhere. I'll contact my host about it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

I've actually had the exact same issue myself, but since no one else mentioned it, I thought the problem must've been on my side somewhere. It actually happens quite often to me that I have to click a link twice for it to work. The issue would be on the server level, if anywhere. I'll contact my host about it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have just now recently been experiencing this, if you haven't noticed that's why you'll see me post the same thing in the same post. So I have to go back and edit it.

Here's an example: Banned for playing OoT:3D.
Banned for playing OoT:3D.

It would just post the same thing, when I don't even mean too. It just loads for a long time, then I click it again. Then it just posts the same thing.
That's why I have to go back and edit it. :P

#5 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

It happened to me now.

Edited by SomeRandomGuy, 20 July 2011 - 03:20 PM.

No signature here....

#6 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Now sometimes when I click the back button it tries to load but cancels the load. But when I click it again it usually loads. Though I am having better luck with posting comments.

Edited by Firejonie, 20 July 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#7 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

This has been happening to me since the great merge.
I'm pretty sure there was a topic about it back then, too...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#8 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

This happens to me too. And now even more when the great merge happened.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#9 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

I talked to my host about it, and have some great news to share. Basically, we've outgrown my current hosting, which has us sharing a server with about 400 other sites. The upside to that kind of hosting is that it's very economical when you're just starting a site. The downside is that I've got fairly tight limits on exactly how much I can squeeze out of the server. The specific limit we're running into is that I cannot run more than 25 processes at a time (every time anyone clicks anything, it starts a process to serve the page to them). With lots of people online at the same time posting and clicking around, it seems we sometimes reach that limit during our more active hours.

Why is it great news that we've outgrown my server? Well, I like to think of needing something higher-end as proof of the site's success!

I'm already looking into better hosting solutions, though it might take a little time since I'm still just a 16-year-old student with a limited budget.

#10 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

It's not THAT big of a problem...
Wait, did you just say that the admin of this site is only 16? How does your parents let you do that?
Although, I am on the Top 15 poster list, and I'm only a tween...

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 21 July 2011 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

Wait, did you just say that the admin of this site is only 16? How does your parents let you do that?

It's still a problem that's only going to get worse as the site grows. So best to squash it now. Besides, I've actually wanted a reason to upgrade to a better server for a while now. :P

And yes, I really am just 16. Believe it. My parents fully support my sites, as long as I don't let them take over my education.

#12 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Your parents are awesome. I'm doing this in hiding. (Don't tell my parents. :P )
Posted Image

#13 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

I have just now recently been experiencing this, if you haven't noticed that's why you'll see me post the same thing in the same post. So I have to go back and edit it.

Here's an example: Banned for playing OoT:3D.
Banned for playing OoT:3D.

It would just post the same thing, when I don't even mean too. It just loads for a long time, then I click it again. Then it just posts the same thing.
That's why I have to go back and edit it. :P

This.

It kind of gets annoying :/

And yes, I really am just 16. Believe it.

Feld0, you are made out of win.
Posted Image

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

I don't find it all too surprising that Feld0 is 16. I mean, I didn't find it surprising when I found out his age back when he was 15 :P
Age is only a number, after all. If you're 25 when you reach success, you didn't reach it because you turned 25, you reached it because it took you 25 years.

Feld0 hasn't quite reached success yet (I think he aims to make a profit, iirc), but he'll reach it before he turns 18. Not because he's so young, but rather because he decided to start early ^.^

...And this is totally off-topic. Not that there's much to say about the on-topic topic...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

If you're reading this, thewiiu.com is now running from Azuras, my brand new server! Hopefully everything will be running much smoother now.

#16 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

Whenever I make a site, my grandma supports it XD, I'm 13...
No signature here....

#17 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

Peter's rather mature for his age if you've talked to him in the chat. His parents probably respect and trust him enough to do this.

Nah

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slow, refresh, internet connection, forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!