YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

http://www.edge-onli...-and-new-kinect

Microsoft’s next console will require an Internet connection in order to function, ruling out a second-hand game market for the platform. A new iteration of Xbox Live will be an integral part of Microsoft’s next console, while improved Kinect hardware will also ship alongside the unit.

Sources with first-hand experience of Microsoft’s next generation console have told us that although the next Xbox will be absolutely committed to online functionality, games will still be made available to purchase in physical form. Next Xbox games will be manufactured on 50GB-capacity Blu-ray discs, Microsoft having conceded defeat to Sony following its ill-fated backing of the HD-DVD format. It is believed that games purchased on disc will ship with activation codes, and will have no value beyond the initial user.

Our source has also confirmed that the next Xbox’s recently rumoured specs are entirely accurate. That means an AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, a D3D11.x 800MHz graphics solution and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. As of now, the console’s hard drive capacity is said to be undecided, but Microsoft’s extended commitment to online delivery suggests that it will be the largest unit it has put inside a console to date.

Though the architectures of the next-gen Xbox and PlayStation both resemble that of PCs, several development sources have told us that Sony’s solution is preferable when it comes to leveraging power. Studios working with the next-gen Xbox are currently being forced to work with only approved development libraries, while Sony is encouraging coders to get closer to the metal of its box. Furthermore, the operating system overhead of Microsoft’s next console is more oppressive than Sony’s equivalent, giving the PlayStation-badged unit another advantage.

Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft is continuing to invest heavily in motion-control interfaces, and a new, more reliably responsive Kinect will also ship alongside the next Xbox. Sony’s next-generation console camera system is said to have a similar set of features, and is expected to be discussed at the company’s PlayStation event on February 20.

Hmm sounds interesting. It's disgusting what Microsoft is doing with used games though. Not everyone can afford a new 60 dollars game, especially in this horrific economy.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Microsoft hates the common consumer. They are only out for themselves. The epitomy of corruption if you ask me. At least Nintendo and Sony still have morals and ethics.

Signature_DK.png

#3 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

If this really happen, and worst, happen with Sony too, how much this can benefit or not the Wii U?

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

If this really happen, and worst, happen with Sony too, how much this can benefit or not the Wii U?

More people will buy Wii Us. This is good news for Nintendo if you ask me.

Signature_DK.png

#5 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

I think it's good too. But at least in the short term, they will support even more the consoles with this block, but if people doesn't support, we can see some bad news for Sony and M$

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

I think it's good too. But at least in the short term, they will support even more the consoles with this block, but if people doesn't support, we can see some bad news for Sony and M$

Honestly If M$ does this like they say they are than I dont feel an ounce of pity for them. Stupidity will be met with consequences.

Signature_DK.png

#7 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Honestly If M$ does this like they say they are than I dont feel an ounce of pity for them. Stupidity will be met with consequences.

I think if this happen Sony will follow

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

I think if this happen Sony will follow

I hope not. We already have one blundering idiot in the industry and we dont need two. Although it may be likely.

Signature_DK.png

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Looks like the videogame industry will figure out that it's a bad idea to bite the hand that feeds them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Do you guys think this decision togheter with other "politics" of today's gaming can lead the industry to a new Crash?

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

Do you guys think this decision togheter with other "politics" of today's gaming can lead the industry to a new Crash?

hopefully.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

As long as Nintendo doesnt buy in to their crap I dont see a crash.

hopefully.

Why are you wishing death on the industry? We only want M$ to pay for their actions.

Signature_DK.png

#13 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

This will be an Interesting Generation,

LordPickleton.png

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

As long as Nintendo doesnt buy in to their crap I dont see a crash.

Why are you wishing death on the industry? We only want M$ to pay for their actions.

Because the only games worth playing now are indie games.
Who I want to die are the publishers who insist on paying more to advertise a game than to develop it.
  • CUD likes this

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

Because the only games worth playing now are indie games.
Who I want to die are the publishers who insist on paying more to advertise a game than to develop it.

Is Zombi U an indie game? I think not.

Signature_DK.png

#16 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Looks like this could be my fist gen with only a Nintendo console -.-

Edited by Big Bowsy, 06 February 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#17 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Is Zombi U an indie game? I think not.

i think he was talking about the ones on xbox.

the only thing i can see good happening is if M$ continues to work with their connect. its already used for a lot of things other than gaming but f it gets more advanced, then who knows what kind of stuff could happen. maybe virtual reality could benifit from this and start to take off.

so that means that M$ will have to pay sony to use their bluray merchandise lol.

i just hope that more good games appear on nintendo. if this happens and people dont want to buy M$ console, and are too poor to buy orbises, then hopefully more people will buy a wii u causing 3rd parties to start to put more AAA games on it. not hoping beyond hope, even tho i know it would do nintendo good, it was just an observation thats already been made :P im hoping to see more of them in the upcoming nintendo direct

#18 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

i just hope that more good games appear on nintendo. if this happens and people dont want to buy M$ console, and are too poor to buy orbises, then hopefully more people will buy a wii u causing 3rd parties to start to put more AAA games on it. not hoping beyond hope, even tho i know it would do nintendo good, it was just an observation thats already been made :P im hoping to see more of them in the upcoming nintendo direct

Posted Image

#19 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

'If' this is true and i have heard this before, then i for one would not buy the new Xbox! And as above this would do wonders for WiiU sales and make the decline of PS3/360 much slower.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#20 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Such bullcrap. People without reliable or any internet access are screwed. Also goodbye to turning to your nextbox when the net goes out for some reason. This will cause a lot of problems. Have fun with this future debacle Microsoft.

Edited by Tricky Sonic, 06 February 2013 - 07:24 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!