Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

This would have me choose a PS4 over nextbox, this along with all the lame nextbox rumors of always online and no used games.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#22 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Isnt 400$ better then the PS3's starting price of 500$ ......i'd be happy spending 100$ less

wjapt2.jpg

#23 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Yea the ps4 will or might cost 400.00 just saying but wait.

I would get it if it was $400 as long as it had a disc drive.

This would have me choose a PS4 over nextbox, this along with all the lame nextbox rumors of always online and no used games.

Plus Microsofts trademark hardware defectivities.

Signature_DK.png

#24 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Isnt 400$ better then the PS3's starting price of 500$ ......i'd be happy spending 100$ less

Pretty sure they had $600 model at launch to.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#25 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Pretty sure they had $600 model at launch to.

Really? a few of my friends said they were 500$ when they bought them.............but that just means the PS4 is 200$ cheaper

wjapt2.jpg

#26 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Without a doubt the console is still going to hold good power inside it and with SONY's first party devs they will definitely use it's full potential. Interesting that you pointed out that they will use off-the-shelf parts as that seems quite likely for balancing strong power as well as price.
This will be the first time SONY is not going to use a new disc medium (as that would be suicide, literally) with their succeeding console. As for the CPU, I doubt they would reuse the Cell Processor, seeing as how much negative feedback that received from 3rd party developers; mainly on it's complex architecture.

The leap isn't going to be big, and it isn't going to create the same WOW we got from the PS2 --> PS3 generation. Although I am still baffled by certain people on the internet who think SONY is going for gargantuan specs, creating Avatar-like visuals, all in 4K resolution.
You'd think by now that these people would turn to PC gaming if they wanted pure gaming power.

You are correct about the Cell processor being absent in the PS4. Sony is using AMD's Jaguar processors for PS4(8 cores @ 1.6 ghz). This is based on specs that were recently leaked and many sites/sources seem to agree that these specs are correct. I've also read that some in the development community are thrilled and excited with Sony's approach with the PS4, suggesting that the system will be much more developer-friendly than the PS3. The worries of developing software for complicated/alien tech seems to now be a thing of the past.

The jump from PS2 to PS3 was very big. We saw the leap to HD gaming and new hardware/architectures that gave developers so much more to work with. PS4 and Durango will keep these characteristics, but simply improve upon them(better textures, higher resolutions, better effects/lighting, AI, physics, etc...). I'm excited to see what Sony has to show us on February 20th.
Posted Image

#27 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I never buy consoles over 400 bucks simply because I dont have that kind of money.

Signature_DK.png

#28 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

If there is only 1 PS4 SKU at launch, then it will almost certainly be $400. And given that it will have a minimum 160GB hard drive, Blu Ray, better specs, etc I think it is justified as long as their is a reasonable flow of quality games. Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!