• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Jamie100

Jamie100

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Reports out of japan suggest that there will be a peripheral that allows you to play your 3ds games on wii u, allow for the telling to act as the top screen of the ds and the gamepad be the bottom screen,

Much like when nintendo released the super gameboy for the snes were you can play gameboy games on super nintendo it allowed you to add colors from a selected pallet, but this super 3ds (which it has been nicked named) will increase the resolution of the 3ds games giving a sharper image.

I will buying this, i want to know who else is interested and how much would you pay as no price has been announced.

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Posted Image

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Source please.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Jamie100

Jamie100

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Source please.

I find the japanese website in a minunte for you but here is a link about it but not main one

http://kotaku.com/5979567/dreaming-of-a-wii-u-that-can-also-play-3ds-games

Here another link

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/03/nintendo-working-on-cartridge-to-allow-streaming-between-3ds-and-wii-u/

#5 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hmmm interesting, Would be cool though.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#6 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I horsing called this carp and everyone called me a dumbass hahahaha someone please find where i said this
Posted Image

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

I find the japanese website in a minunte for you but here is a link about it but not main one

http://kotaku.com/59...-play-3ds-games

Here another link

http://mynintendonew...-3ds-and-wii-u/

http://albotas.com/p...s-games-on-your
Kotaku's source.
First line under the heading:
"But there’s a catch: it isn’t real. Too bad."

http://www.nintendo-..._u_gamepad_.htm
This is mynintendonew's source.
They state that someone who was involved in making a final fantasy game claims that nitnendo are making a special cartridge to turn your 3ds with a cpp into a upad.
They seem to think a patent long thought to be a developer cartridge for the 3DS is now somehow involved in this device.

Edited by Nollog, 10 February 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Reports out of japan suggest that there will be a peripheral that allows you to play your 3ds games on wii u, allow for the telling to act as the top screen of the ds and the gamepad be the bottom screen,
Much like when nintendo released the super gameboy for the snes were you can play gameboy games on super nintendo it allowed you to add colors from a selected pallet, but this super 3ds (which it has been nicked named) will increase the resolution of the 3ds games giving a sharper image.
I will buying this, i want to know who else is interested and how much would you pay as no price has been announced.

Its not going to happen. The simple reason is that it would cannibalise sales from the 3DS.

#9 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Would be cool, I would buy in a heartbeat.

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Its not going to happen. The simple reason is that it would cannibalise sales from the 3DS.

How so? One would assume the requirements for this to work are a 3DS, a Wii U, the accessory, and the 3DS game you want to play on the TV. if anything it would just create an additional revenue stream for people who already have both systems, with the possibility that people either buy the Wii U as their console of choice because they already have a 3DS and like the idea of integration, or decide to buy a 3DS because they liked the offering on the system but were unsure about buying into it.

I don't see how being able to play 3DS games on the TV using a 3DS would shave off 3DS sales, you have to have a 3DS to use it.

#11 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

I can see it working like the Game Boy Player on GameCube. You'd still beed the 3DS, and it would just show the screens on the TV.

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Why does such a thread exist about such a dumb rumour? I dont get it?

Signature_DK.png

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

How so? One would assume the requirements for this to work are a 3DS, a Wii U, the accessory, and the 3DS game you want to play on the TV. if anything it would just create an additional revenue stream for people who already have both systems, with the possibility that people either buy the Wii U as their console of choice because they already have a 3DS and like the idea of integration, or decide to buy a 3DS because they liked the offering on the system but were unsure about buying into it.
I don't see how being able to play 3DS games on the TV using a 3DS would shave off 3DS sales, you have to have a 3DS to use it.

Not if it works like the Gameboy player on the GameCube which didn't require an actual Gameboy. Not to mention you would need a 3D TV as well and not a lot of people have those. Otherwise the games would just be in 2D.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 11 February 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Not if it works like the Gameboy player on the GameCube which didn't require an actual Gameboy. Not to mention you would need a 3D TV as well and not a lot of people have those. Otherwise the games would just be in 2D.

If the rumor was about releasing 3DS games on VC for Wii U I would get it, but that isn't what it says. Also, You don't NEED a 3DTV to do it, 3DS games play well without the auto stereoscopic effect as well. That's a to each his own argument though. I can understand where you're coming from with it though.

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

If the rumor was about releasing 3DS games on VC for Wii U I would get it, but that isn't what it says. Also, You don't NEED a 3DTV to do it, 3DS games play well without the auto stereoscopic effect as well. That's a to each his own argument though. I can understand where you're coming from with it though.

I'm aware they do but that's a bit pointless as the main idea behind the 3DS is to play games in 3D. I can understand them doing this for DS games but then they can just be put on the e-shop. I only play games in 3D on my 3DS and have never done or wanted to play them in regular 2D.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 11 February 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm aware they do but that's a bit pointless as the main idea behind the 3DS is to play games in 3D. I can understand them doing this for DS games but then they can just be put on the e-shop. I only play games in 3D on my 3DS and have never done or wanted to play them in regular 2D.

Totally understandable. I take it you wouldn't be sold, lol.

#17 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

but it is not in 3D ?

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

POKEMON ON THE F**KING TV, NUFF SAID!

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

This would give me a reason to buy Pokemon X and Y.

#20 Calman102

Calman102

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Remember the good old days when you could buy a special cartridge for your SNES and shove in a Game Boy game, or when you clipped the doo-hicky to your Gamecube and could play GBA games? Why not do the same for Wii U and 3DS?

This is entirely theoretical and I don't expect this to be a reality, but I think it would be a good idea, using the Wii U Gamepad as a bottom screen and the TV as the top screen. The Wii's resolution isn't much better than the 3DS' so I'm sure it could easily be possible (if the hardware would allow it).

I guess the only reason the wouldn't do it would be to keep people buying a 3DS. Then again, it is entirely possible that the hardware might not allow it.

In any case, what do you guys think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!