• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Codemasters Producer: Wii U is "The Future"
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2013 | 20:20 GMT by Andy Green on nintendilife

Will all future consoles feature two screens?
Clive Moody has high-praise for Nintendo's new system
UK-based developer Codemasters' only Wii U offering so far is the upcoming port of F1 Race Stars, but that doesn't mean the new system hasn't caught its eye.
In a recent interview with News10.net, senior producer at Codemasters Clive Moody said he had played the Wii U, and that so far he liked what he saw:
It works brilliantly, having played it. I think it is the future. I mean, you've only got to look at what's happening in the world of mobile, you've got iPads, Surface just came out from Microsoft. I think you're going to see a lot more of that cross-over, that sort of multi-platform, multi-component experience.
He also spoke a little about the future of gaming in general, saying that although the disc still has a role to play in the gaming industry the downloading of video games through digital channels is something that cannot be ignored. He believes that as soon as the internet's global infrastructure can handle it, we'll be downloading all of our video game — and possibly DVD — purchases through digital stores:
I think ultimately we'll be fully digital, it'll get there.
It's nice to see developers that aren't currently producing anything for Wii U still getting to grips with the new system, and are enjoying what it offers to the industry.
[via news10.net and Nintendolife

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

That is a breath of fresh air!

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

They need to do better then F1 Race Stars as that game is very poor. If that all they can muster on the Wii U then their words don't mean anything. They need to bring games like the real F1 game and Dirt.

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

They need to do better then F1 Race Stars as that game is very poor. If that all they can muster on the Wii U then their words don't mean anything. They need to bring games like the real F1 game and Dirt.

So you're saying they aren't allowed to be excited for the platform because you don't think their games were up to standard? Seems a little counterintuitive to me. They are excited about the possibilities of asymmetric gameplay is what I read from it.

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

So you're saying they aren't allowed to be excited for the platform because you don't think their games were up to standard? Seems a little counterintuitive to me. They are excited about the possibilities of asymmetric gameplay is what I read from it.

I never said that. I suggest you read again what I said. You obviously haven't played F1 Race Stars. If they were that excited and confident in the Wii U they should bring their top franchises to it not a rubbish game like that.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 11 February 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I never said that. I suggest you read again what I said. You obviously haven't played F1 Race Stars. If they were that excited and confident in the Wii U they should bring their top franchises to it not a rubbish game like that.

. I read it just fine. Do you know that they don't intend to? They along with every other dev team out there has had little time with the hardware, how do you know they didn't release race stars to bide time until they can put forward a proper non ported release?

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I appreciate Codemasters enthusiasim but digital downloads scare me.

Yeah the option of downloading content digitally is great but call me old fashioned, I would much rather have the box, game disc/cartdidge and intructions in full colour that I can actually hold, store and collect.

Owning the physical copy is more of a satisfying purchase than digital. That's just me.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 11 February 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Okay, I'm going to post this knowing that you're opinion is set, and that I respect you for the most part in your opinions. (At the very least they don't feel so in my face like 3Dude's).
I think it was just a little overboard linking the validity of Codemasters' stand on the Wii U to what they've released. It's like me saying Nintendo's opinion of the Wii U is invalid because I believe Nintendo Land and NSMBU to be utter garbage. That's not to say that I believe F1 Race Stars to be anything great.
As for Codemasters themselves, the Wii U is relatively new, and I have a feeling they didn't petition for a Wii U dev kit until late in the game so to speak. They've probably not had that much time or dedication to be able to pump out one of their stronger entries to the system, and used a smaller budget game as a risk assessment.

The problem is people blowing comments out of all proportion and assuming that such comments mean that that is the be all and end all of ones opinion on the subject. As for dev kits regardless there is no excuse for Codemasters to waste resources on a game like F1 Race Stars rather then a more credible franchise. Besides I take anything a developer says with a pinch of salt. Releasing F1 Race Stars indicates two things to me. One they don't have as much confidence in the console as they make it out to be by releasing a low cost poor game to try and appease the gamers and two that mAybe they think a casual game like F1 Race Stars is what Wii U owners want which if true is insulting. Not to mention the game probably didn't to very well on PSN or Xbox Live so this is there way to try and recoup some of the costs.

#9 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Nice one Code masters!
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#10 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

I appreciate Codemasters enthusiasim but digital downloads scare me.

Yeah the option of downloading content digitally is great but call me old fashioned, I would much rather have the box, game disc/cartdidge and intructions in full colour that I can actually hold, store and collect.

Owning the physical copy is more of a satisfying purchase than digital. That's just me.

Yep i agree,im an oldschool type of guy who likes to walk into a shop with cash to buy a physical game...

Its good codemasters like the wii u and i hope they bring some of there decent games across to it,i agree race stars is carp!!

Edited by syks-1, 12 February 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

I'm not a huge fan of their games either, though I do enjoy Dirt. All of these companies make mistakes, miscalculations, etc. But there is a difference between being realistic and objective about a company's performance and being completely pessimistic about everything a company does. That isn't any more realistic or objective than fanboyism. Two sides of the same coin, actually.

#12 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

...but they said they think its kiddish a couple months ago?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!