Photo

Why won't Nintendo do a Pokemon Console game?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 the world ends with me

the world ends with me

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

i agree, I mean, 90% of the people I know bought DS's JUST for Pokemon.  My school is nuts for Pokemon, no idea how or why,  but literally everyone plays it, even the teachers. If this were to happen everyone in my school would get a wii u.

i want to go to your school. most people at mine sucked.

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

A full blown Pokemon RPG on consoles would make wayyyyyyyyyyy more money than it would cost, it would literally sell thousands and thousands of Wii Us just to people buying it for pokemon, who would then buy other games and so on. It would single-handedly save the Wii U. Don't give me this "want it stay portable" carp, why should it stay portable? It would work perfect on a console and its just lazyness holding it back IMO.

They don't want it to leech sales from the mobile game. Also, the premise behind creating two versions at once was that the only way to catch the exclusive pokemon from the other version was to connect with someone that has it and share them.

#23 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

i want to go to your school. most people at mine sucked.

we have a giant annual tournament, there of course are the people that say it is gay, but the amount that love it far outnumber those who don't. Plus, although this sounds really weird to say, all the popular people love it. Damn that just sounds weird but their is no other way to say it.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#24 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

It's a portable experiance and I agree with that, It would be nice to see what they could do though.

#25 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

This has been brought up with interviews with Gamefreak so many times. It's not cause they're lazy or anything.

Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon, originally created Pokemon - Pocket Monsters - so that people could carry them around with them and trade with other people. He said he didn't want a main series on any home console due to that fact, as it would 'take away part of the original purposes for Pokemon'
I get that, but I don't get why they couldn't make the big MMO, or a side story using a similar RPG format, cause those games WOULD be awesome and WOULD be system sellers.

But we can dream

#26 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Pokemon = Pocket Monsters

Good luck fitting a Wii U in your pocket