Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

We recently heard from Riccitiello, who said that the company is investing heavily in what it's calling "gen-four" consoles: the next systems from Sony and from Microsoft but not, in his estimation, Nintendo's Wii U.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/186504/EAs_money_man_spills_the_beans_on_its_nextgen_plans.php#.URuttmdxpbj

This is what he looks like:
Posted Image

I guess we won't be seeing Batterfield/ Mass Effect/ or any game from EA on the Wii U this gen that isn't shovelware or a sports title.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Riccitiello is an idiot, all EA wants is money, but their missing out on a primary money source Right here

Edited by EVO, 13 February 2013 - 08:08 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Again... Oh well. I'll be getting Battlefield on the PC anyways. I don't really care for any of the EA sports series... I wish 2K sports would dip into the Football gaming world to compete with Madden. I really can't think of any other EA game that i'd care to play over the Nintendo First Party games that will be released.

Here is to EA tanking in the upcoming years! *cheers*

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

EA is not part of my gaming plan.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Riccitiello is an idiot, all EA wants is money, but their missing out on a primary money source Right here

Whether its right or wrong and whether you like it or not its a business decision and doesn't make him an idiot. You sound like you're entitled to games by EA for the Wii U which you're not. They are a profit based business and presumably they don't think there is enough revenue in Wii U games whilst tht may be disappointing and may not do Nintendo or the Wii U any favours its EA's decision to make.

#6 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

hmmm... wonder what this means for Mass Effect...

Great series.

but considering how badly they botched 3, I wonder if it is done.

The only EA games that interest me are Fight Night and Mass Effect.

But if Nintendo does a Punch Out U and X hits soon, won't be missing EA games at all. And that is why many third parties fear Nintendo.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 13 February 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I was really looking forward to BF4 on Wii U. No worries, I can still get it on PC, but it does suck because the Wii U version would have been my choice.

#8 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

THANK YOU! awesome come back

#9 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Whether its right or wrong and whether you like it or not its a business decision and doesn't make him an idiot. You sound like you're entitled to games by EA for the Wii U which you're not. They are a profit based business and presumably they don't think there is enough revenue in Wii U games whilst tht may be disappointing and may not do Nintendo or the Wii U any favours its EA's decision to make.

Wrong, and don't assume things. Nope, dont like it but is that stopping anyone else from hating! And he is an idiot because at E3 2011 he supported, and now he doesn't just like that because Microsoft and Sony showed them theirs.
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

I remember EA representitive 1 and 1.5 year ago, making lots of interviews, how much they like wii U and support it! lol I may find the videos on youtube... I speak about this guy here... remember?

here he is!!!

EA is indeed a drama

Listen what he says!! Frostbyte smooth and crispy on wii U.. lol Listen what he says at 2:07

Edited by Orion, 13 February 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Why post what he looks like...?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

This could all well be posturing by EA because of pressure from other console companies (MS and SONY), in the end I expect to see at least EA popular sports titles on Wii U. It would be a bad move to ignore the platform.

Edited by Sorceror12, 13 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

if they totaly ignore the platform, will be because of origin, not because other consoles

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I guess ea forgot to send the memo to criterion.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

+1 Posted Image
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I remember EA representitive 1 and 1.5 year ago, making lots of interviews, how much they like wii U and support it! lol I may find the videos on youtube... I speak about this guy here... remember?

here he is!!!

EA is indeed a drama

Listen what he says!! Frostbyte smooth and crispy on wii U.. lol Listen what he says at 2:07

i remembr that lol i just hope that someone big will call them out on it.

who is criterion?

#17 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

+1 Posted Image

Get with the topic. <_< lol

JxkHfIT.png

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

i remembr that lol i just hope that someone big will call them out on it.
who is criterion?

A fantastic development house devoured by ea, that managed to keep its high standards instead of settling with the rest of the filth.

Known for the good releases of need for speed and burn out.

They just showed off how the rebuilt Need for speed wanted on the wii u, using the high end pc assets, textures, superior draw distance, and advanced lighting+making a bunch of crazy gamepad exclusive stuff, including making the gamepad user into god, capable of helping/hurting the racer, with powers such as, the ability to slow down, spin out, or delete npc's including cops, remove/bring back traffic instantly real time, change night or day real time instantly, change the players vehicle on the fly, control npc's, give the player speed boosts, repair the car etc.

Instead of simply throwing unoptimised 360 code on the wii u like pretty much all other 3rd party ports.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

A fantastic development house devoured by ea, that managed to keep its high standards instead of settling with the rest of the filth.

Known for the good releases of need for speed and burn out.

They just showed off how the rebuilt Need for speed wanted on the wii u, using the high end pc assets, textures, superior draw distance, and advanced lighting+making a bunch of crazy gamepad exclusive stuff, including making the gamepad user into god, capable of helping/hurting the racer, with powers such as, the ability to slow down, spin out, or delete npc's including cops, remove/bring back traffic instantly real time, change night or day real time instantly, change the players vehicle on the fly, control npc's, give the player speed boosts, repair the car etc.

Instead of simply throwing unoptimised 360 code on the wii u like pretty much all other 3rd party ports.

It's amazing how a simple youtube video showing this commentary/ game port has changed the tone of many people on a lot of online forums, message boards, and gaming news sites (not talking about here specifically) . This is a shot of adrenalin in the arm of Nintendo and it's Wii U adopters. I see many comments saying how people will need to pick this game up and they need to get a wii u now for this version.

I think we all needed this to turn the tides.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

It's amazing how a simple youtube video showing this commentary/ game port has changed the tone of many people on a lot of online forums, message boards, and gaming news sites (not talking about here specifically) . This is a shot of adrenalin in the arm of Nintendo and it's Wii U adopters. I see many comments saying how people will need to pick this game up and they need to get a wii u now for this version.

I think we all needed this to turn the tides.

It has indeed. well said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!