BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

On Wednesday, Epic Games’ Tim Sweeney discussed his expectations for the next-generation and how PS4, Xbox 720, and high-end PCs will make use of Epic’s impressive Unreal Engine 4.

Unlike Michael Pachter who feels the PS4 won’t be a substantial leap over the PS3, at least visually speaking, Sweeney believes that the Xbox 720 and PS4 will offer a considerable difference over current systems – find Pachter’s full comments here.

While speaking with Edge magazine (via NowGamer.com), Sweeney talked about Unreal Engine 4 and what the engine can bring to game developers.

Sweeney feels that current high-end PCs are representative of what gamers should expect from next-generation consoles. Additionally, when PS4 and Xbox 720 launch they will offer a significant jump over the experiences current home consoles offer today.

“We’re more enthusiastic now than ever about the future of high-end platforms,” stated Sweeney.

“What we’re doing on high-end PCs is going to be representative of the future consumer gaming experience and it’s going to be awesome. It’s going to be a substantial leap over the current generation.”

Source

#2 Blizzaga

Blizzaga

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Great.

Now let's seem them actually do something with the high-end specs they're given. Like making a game worth playing.

Cuz Nintendo always make great games, regardless of the system's capabilities.

Available for Black Ops II and Sonic Transformed! Nintendo Network ID: Blizzaga

Posted Image

My Let's Plays (including Wii U!): The BlizzBox

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Sadly, I agree with Pachter on this one.
......I think I just died a little on the inside...

Posted Image

#4 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

^ your not alone *shivers*

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Sounds like he's dreaming a little. Even with the improved specs it wont be representative of high end pc's even on launch day.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Heck yeah!!! I remember psx to ps2 was MINDBLOWING!!!!

Ps2 to ps3 was amazing!!!! When 360/ps3 came out, they were better than pc!

What does epic have to say!!!

'substantial'.

Ok.... Yeah, its not as strong an adjective as mindblowing or amazing, but it typically meams big right?... *google*

1. consisting of or relating to substance
2 : not imaginary or illusory
3 ample to satisfy and nourish

Hrm... So.... Its a non imaginary sandwitch?

"Sweeney feels that current high-end PCs are representative of what gamers should expect from next-generation consoles."

Wait, so if we already have pc's.....

"One artist working for six months can build a game with Unreal Engine 4 without actually programming anything and ship it, something on the scale of Angry Birds,” explained Sweeney."

YEAH!!! YEAH NEXT G-

Wait what? It will look like angry birds....

what?

Edited by 3Dude, 13 February 2013 - 12:28 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Source

I'm not believing anything until we see officially the specs and what games look like. So far we heard reports saying not to expect a huge leap, and now epic saying to expect it. What to believe? I wouldn't hold your breath until we see for a fact what is what.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

... sounds like he listened to the overpushed consul power. EA complained about neather being strong enough, and now says they are. xbox 720 current specs are doubtful to be above 2x wiiU. any high end PC will blow the current nextgen consul specs out of the water.

early specs sayed 22nm proccess, high end GPU/CPU, well above the majority of rumored CPU/GPU specs, ect. i doubt they will use it to full potential. unless the angrybirds commet on using the phone version to full potential. i expect ruffly 1/5th-1/2 the high end PC potential.

#9 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

... sounds like he listened to the overpushed consul power. EA complained about neather being strong enough, and now says they are. xbox 720 current specs are doubtful to be above 2x wiiU. any high end PC will blow the current nextgen consul specs out of the water.

so if that is true then the wii u should be able to handle any game that comes out for the console unless that game uses to full power of the console. lets say even if this was true, game, devs would still hide from nintendo bc they are stubborn and believe nintendo will always be last and as good as the other two...

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

so if that is true then the wii u should be able to handle any game that comes out for the console unless that game uses to full power of the console. lets say even if this was true, game, devs would still hide from nintendo bc they are stubborn and believe nintendo will always be last and as good as the other two...

They don't care which console is more powerful, so long as it doesn't prevent them from expressing themselves artistically. No devs aside from those that only produce FPS twitchers will hide from the WIi U, the publishers will though, because they don't want to put their best AAA titles up against Nintendo titles and get creamed.

#11 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Is anyone else sick of reading all the articles from developers and game designers etc about the new consoles ? Like seriously i will believe it when Sony or Microsoft announce it themselves.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!