BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Mario Wynands recently sparked debate when he claimed the Wii U was in serious trouble, adding that the next-gen of consoles - namely PS4 and Xbox 720 - are heading for failure.

Speaking to NowGamer, he added that he believes at least one console manufacturer will drop out of the console market before too long.
When asked on what Sony or Microsoft can do to improve the chance of success for the PS4 or Xbox 720, Wynands told NowGamer a "radical change" was needed.
"I’m not sure I know the answer here," said Wynands, "because the challenges they face seem to me to be insurmountable.
"Certainly, radical change is required and the solution is not in the details of performance and specific technical features."
Wynands added that - though the next-gen consoles are much more powerful - there is very little difference between the user experience of current gen or next-gen platforms.
"As it stands, there is already little meaningful difference between 360 and PS3 in terms of the consumer experience, despite the radically different architectures and approaches.
"For both retail and digital, Sony and Microsoft have to make it easier to get content on their platforms via streamlined processes, open up to a wider range of developers and publishers, allow a broader set of monetization options."
Wynands claimed Sony and Microsoft's biggest challenge is the need to sell a lot of hardware, but can't due to the failing retail industry.
"They have to sell a lot of hardware (obvious perhaps, but not easy)," he said, "and they really, really need to get behind digital in a big way to offset the retail rug being pulled out."

Nowgamer

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

It obviously won't be Xbox, seeing how well that's doing at the moment. That leaves Sony and Nintendo. I think it might be Sony because they have been in a lot of money trouble recently.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Financially speaking, Microsoft and Nintendo are in much better "shape" .
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Getting on digital is a red herring. People don't have the money to spend most of the time, plain and simple, that's why the retail rug is being pulled. Digital is not going to take off the way they expect if the prices stay at the same level of buying physical copies of games. Also, NPD reports a 9% increase YOY for the gaming industry, so the run is starting to settle back underneath us. This was a thinly veiled attempt to call out Nintendo's doom.

#5 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

well i'll be purchasing the ps4 because i'm a big fan of how well my ps3 has lasted and really unimpressed with how crap the microsoft consoles i've had have lasted plus the specs are pointing sony at the top.and on this chaps point i think consoles will be fine the current gen is just a bit long in the tooth now i'm sure when new hardware is out and the devs can really push some new idea's out it'll pick the industry right up again.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#6 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

i dont think nintendo is going anywhere. i have no proof to back that up, just an opinion.

#7 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Sony just made a crapload of money from selling one of their buildings in new york for a rumoured 10x what they paid for it. Apparently Sony owns a lot of assets that which the likes of Microsoft and Nintendo don't.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#8 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

I know that Nintendo won't be dropping out anytime soon. They've got quite a bit going for them. Dunno about the other two.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#9 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Sony just made a crapload of money from selling one of their buildings in new york for a rumoured 10x what they paid for it. Apparently Sony owns a lot of assets that which the likes of Microsoft and Nintendo don't.

people say sony are struggling but they fail to comprehend just how massive they are it's not just consoles they make they have been around for ages i can't see them going anywhere fast.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#10 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Instead of any of the consoles "Failing" I could see the xbox drop out of the major gaming market entirely They don't care about games, they just want to get into the living room. Now that they're there they just want to expand their casual/movie/music and stuff.

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Nintendo is going software only.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Stupid decision by kaz.
They did get more than they paid for it. That's the basics of commercial property. Now they'll have to pay today's market value for a new place too.
Now, they're paying RENT to the people they sold to and they will have to buy another location in the future. That wasn't free money. .

But it was a move born of desperation. Basically they jaded no money to invest with. Now they do. But they will hedge it just in case of catastrophic failure...

If they're smart.
But who knows.

As it is they are t innovators. And they actually have the gall to try to patent a combo of the wii U, Move, and Kinect.

Sony is desperate.

This may be a last ditch attempt by them. Apple is killing them in the mobile device arena, apple and everyone else kill them in computers, apple kills them in conser electronics, since the iPad and iPhone basically do everything that a bunch of Sony devices used to do. No one cared about the craptastic ps3, which was dominated by Nintendo and ms.

Sony is desperate. They will either do something truly great. Or really stupid.

Either way, they will never lose their trademark arrogance.

One thing about the Playstation "Everything...":
It's a technical beast.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 16 February 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

I hope it's Microsoft personally, they are stepping away from hardcore gaming, they are going more the entertainment route now.........

#14 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Microsoft will always make consoles as long as Sony does. They can easily tie in other Microsoft based products to a console thus tacking direct stabs at Sony's market share.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Nintendo is going software only.

Can't tell if serious....

Posted Image

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Time for basic pattern recognition folks...

Every single time one of these articles surfaces here, I look up the guy who is spouting the nonsense, and they turn out to be mobile platform companies.

Well... SURPRISE

http://newsle.com/person/mariowynands/6212576

Mario Wynalds is the managing director of pik pok games... Company Last put in the spotlight JUST LAST WEEK by trying to tell us wii u was doomed because nobody talked about newly started wii u projects at dice (because, they were too stupid to understand the concept of nda's for unannounced projects).

Thats right folks, the company pik pok is going to destroy console gaming with such riveting titles as Oreo:twist, lick, and dunk.

Posted Image

http://pikpok.com/news/oreo-twist-lick-dunk-a-sweet-holiday-treat/

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!