• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 16-bitLink

16-bitLink

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I like my Wii U I have had a lot of fun with it and I'm happy with it but after watching the reveal of the PS4 it blew my mind away. Like I said I like the Wii U but I felt Nintendo could have delivered much more than what they have. It also seems like Sony is going o deliver far more at launch and this is were the Wii U went wrong. Nintendo REALLY has to pull off something big if they even want to be mentioned next to PS4 and new xbox...If Nintendo doesn't deliver I guess I might have to sell my Wii U to get PS4 but I think Nintendo will get it together...Hopefully

#2 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

sshh dont let them hear you they are everywhere......
before you know it there will be people attacking this thread left right and centre.Agree that the ps4 unveil and what they should was great,well organised and undoubtably next gen in appearance.
Posted Image

#3 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Nintendo botched the launch by entrusting it to third parties who delayed, cancelled, and under delivered. E3 2013 is launch 2.0

Sonys conference kinda sucked.

The single greatest thing was the unreal 4 demo. And we saw that last year.

Knack is just stupid. Kill zone looks ok. And second son looks like a wii u game.

The controller looks like something out of the Sanford and Son junkyard and... Where the heck did Sony find so many creepy people to keynote?

Nintendo shouldn't take notes here.

But I will guarantee Microsoft has a much better, more focused reveal in store.

Wii u will likely bE the fun console. Xbox will likely be the more connected console. And ps4 will be the most powerful.

But in the end the Xbox and ps4 will look very similar and the wii u will be somewhat less, but still look good next to these two.

Sony launched this reveal early and it just didn't feel fully baked.
Like maybe they aren't confident going head to head with Nintendo at e3. It's also likely they didn't feel confident competing against a 720 reveal.

Sony revealed a great hardware specification. ESP the gpu and ram. But the games were not that great. And the overrall delivery of the keynote was lame. ESP the bald guy who tried too hard to sell his game by trying to stir up real life strife over the police... Just to sell a game. Lol

#4 16-bitLink

16-bitLink

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

Nintendo botched the launch by entrusting it to third parties who delayed, cancelled, and under delivered. E3 2013 is launch 2.0

Sonys conference kinda sucked.

The single greatest thing was the unreal 4 demo. And we saw that last year.

Knack is just stupid. Kill zone looks ok. And second son looks like a wii u game.

The controller looks like something out of the Sanford and Son junkyard and... Where the heck did Sony find so many creepy people to keynote?

Nintendo shouldn't take notes here.

But I will guarantee Microsoft has a much better, more focused reveal in store.

Wii u will likely bE the fun console. Xbox will likely be the more connected console. And ps4 will be the most powerful.

But in the end the Xbox and ps4 will look very similar and the wii u will be somewhat less, but still look good next to these two.

Sony launched this reveal early and it just didn't feel fully baked.
Like maybe they aren't confident going head to head with Nintendo at e3. It's also likely they didn't feel confident competing against a 720 reveal.

Sony revealed a great hardware specification. ESP the gpu and ram. But the games were not that great. And the overrall delivery of the keynote was lame. ESP the bald guy who tried too hard to sell his game by trying to stir up real life strife over the police... Just to sell a game. Lol

Dude NONE of the games looked like Wii U, I haven't seen or heard of any Wii U game looking half as good what they showed. PS4 is like 10x more powerful than Wii U already and now on top of that they have even BETTER 3rd party support, I dont know man Nintendo is falling behind fast, Zelda and Mario isn't going to save them anymore. It seems like Nintendo is still the "little kids" console and not going after the hardcore/ more serious games. I dont know how you think it sucked it was literally a small taste of whats to come, Nintendo better get thier shi* together because as of now my wii u looks like its going to be sold to help me get a ps4..

#5 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

I dunno man, the only things that looked decent were The Witness and Destiny, and those are coming out on all platforms. ._.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#6 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

The games looked like PC versions of PS3 game, nothing that can't be downscaled. The only worry I have is the 8GB of RAM the sheer size of the games may be something that teh Wii U just couldn't handle without numerous more loading times.

What I think Nintendo don't do is ask developers what they want. Nintendo just tend to say "this is what we want, this is what it can do, make something happen" rather than making a machine developers can easily do whatever they please with.

Innovation is great but developers prefer unrestricted freedom

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

SONY is doing their things right. They are successfully turning the crowd away from the Wii U. People are getting negative on this site again! :o

We need the jester!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

The ps4 is obviously
More powerful in everything than the wii U, but I think Nintendo and retro and playinum and monolith all know how to take advantage of its components better than anyone knows with the ps4. So this year I wouldn't be surprised if wii u games looked better than ps4 games. But then again, it's about gameplay not graphics, that's why the SNES and N64 are the best consoles ever still.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#9 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

I'

SONY is doing their things right. They are successfully turning the crowd away from the Wii U. People are getting negative on this site again! :o

We need the jester!

I'm not being negative :). I think a good 80% of the PS4 games would be transferred quite easily to Wii U :)

Just that Sony do make a point at listening to game developers and giving theme exactly what they want. Whereas Nintendo listens to Nintendo and then expects developers to deal with it. I know Nintendo can't afford to be expensive and provide 1.21 Giawatts. However credit where credit is due. Sony gave devs what they wanted, then added their own spin on social gaming. Again something Nintendo started doing before however they have improved on the concept.

#10 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

I think that Nintendo made a big mistake with the Wii that will continue on until they stop making games. They should've still kept motion controls but that shouldn't of been the main method of control. They should of also made it way more powerful, like PS3 standards. The power and motion controls is what drove away gamers. Now with the Wii U, they had to release it first so they don't lose any more money. This means that the competitors will make a more powerful console and leave the Wii U out.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

Ive ordered nintendo a special sized notepad so they have enough room to get everything.

Posted Image

Seriously though, Nintendo better have an epic nintendo direct ready to drop to counter this.

Edited by 3Dude, 21 February 2013 - 03:55 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

ps4 showed as expected. wiiu sayed hay we are makin a consul, and thats it then engineered it up to the last second when others took the easy way and baught a good one. many games looked playable on wiiu with minor changes and xbox with moderate. but not even close to last gens difference. but ps4>xbox. ninty do their own thhing. neather is doomed. unless somy sells at a $200 loss expec 450-500 at $50-100 loss will get one anyway

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

lol @ people saying it's 10x more powerful

#14 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

What Nintendo need is a "hardcore" game that 360 idiots will drool at.

Let's say, hmm what's popular with the drones? Hmm yes a FPS, let's make itttt...yeah a multi-player FPS. Now Nintendo don't promote human on human violence, so let's make the character fight aliens, monsters or robots. make it large multi-player. Now I know Nintendo prefer to get a PG13 (T) instead of an R (M), so let's reduce the swearing do "damn" and maybe add a "bast*rd" somewhere, but don't make it too often. Ok well alien blood is green, monster blood is black, and robots don't bleed so that's all good.

Ok now let's really work on the graphics so we can prove our machine is next gen ready. Ok, good, looks amazeballs. it works at 720p at 30fps,

Ok let's do a snazzy trailer for it now to turn some hardcore heads and let's release it some point next year.

----

And that's what Nintendo needs to start doing to get more non-nintendo fans having faith in the Wii U

Edited by Penguin101, 21 February 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#15 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

I been gaming on Nintendo consoles for 20+ years. The Wii was a big disappointment for me. I'm tired of all the "kiddie games". I want mature games that appeal to me. I'm more excited for the PS4 than I am for my Wii U.
Posted Image

#16 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'

1.21 Giawatts

A Back to the Future reference? nice.

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

I been gaming on Nintendo consoles for 20+ years. The Wii was a big disappointment for me. I'm tired of all the "kiddie games". I want mature games that appeal to me. I'm more excited for the PS4 than I am for my Wii U.

I agree that Nintendo has to cater for both New Nintendo fans for the ages we were when we were kids, but they also need to start catering for the Nintendo fans that grew up. Sony has been doing this ever since Playstation. Their games got more mature as Playstation got more mature/older.

Not to say that I still enjoy the old IPs, a lot of them are very layered and appeal to all ages. However Nintendo do need to get some M-rated titles on their console too. It's what the parental lock they have is for ;)

Edited by Penguin101, 21 February 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#18 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

I'm personally not interested in the PS4. If they think they can tell me what I can and can't do with my own games by locking them to the console, they won't be getting a penny from me. For example, I buy a game like Colonial Marines, turns out to be crap.....I'm stuck with it as it's locked to my console. So that game I've just dropped my hard earned money on this morning, may as well just get chucked in the bin as it's useless as I can't trade it in or take it back for a refund.

Sorry Sony, this is my first PlayStation I won't be owning!

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Dude NONE of the games looked like Wii U, I haven't seen or heard of any Wii U game looking half as good what they showed. PS4 is like 10x more powerful than Wii U already and now on top of that they have even BETTER 3rd party support, I dont know man Nintendo is falling behind fast, Zelda and Mario isn't going to save them anymore. It seems like Nintendo is still the "little kids" console and not going after the hardcore/ more serious games. I dont know how you think it sucked it was literally a small taste of whats to come, Nintendo better get thier shi* together because as of now my wii u looks like its going to be sold to help me get a ps4..

Slow down bro, anything showed today that was live rendered, as in, running on the hardware as they were talking about it, isn't anything new or mindblowing, and PS4 is no where near 10x the Wii U. The target renders looked great but real gameplay won't be all they claim it to be. This is a hype conference, they are only going to speak positives about the console, and most of it is hyperbole.

I'm personally not interested in the PS4. If they think they can tell me what I can and can't do with my own games by locking them to the console, they won't be getting a penny from me. For example, I buy a game like Colonial Marines, turns out to be crap.....I'm stuck with it as it's locked to my console. So that game I've just dropped my hard earned money on this morning, may as well just get chucked in the bin as it's useless as I can't trade it in or take it back for a refund.

Sorry Sony, this is my first PlayStation I won't be owning!

As soon as he mentioned predicting what I want to play I was turned off completely for now. I don't want a console predicting what I want and using my bandwidth to preload it. I don't want my console tracking my behavior and my preferences to ensure everyone on the internet can see it. I don't want people I add as friends looking over my shoulder creeper style watching me game.

I'

I'm not being negative :). I think a good 80% of the PS4 games would be transferred quite easily to Wii U :)

Just that Sony do make a point at listening to game developers and giving theme exactly what they want. Whereas Nintendo listens to Nintendo and then expects developers to deal with it. I know Nintendo can't afford to be expensive and provide 1.21 Giawatts. However credit where credit is due. Sony gave devs what they wanted, then added their own spin on social gaming. Again something Nintendo started doing before however they have improved on the concept.

Nintendo actually have been listening. Criterion devs said they got great support from Nintendo even though Nintendo don't exactly have a handle on the hardware yet, it wasn't finalized until 2H 2012.

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Slow down bro, anything showed today that was live rendered, as in, running on the hardware as they were talking about it, isn't anything new or mindblowing, and PS4 is no where near 10x the Wii U. The target renders looked great but real gameplay won't be all they claim it to be. This is a hype conference, they are only going to speak positives about the console, and most of it is hyperbole.

As soon as he mentioned predicting what I want to play I was turned off completely for now. I don't want a console predicting what I want and using my bandwidth to preload it. I don't want my console tracking my behavior and my preferences to ensure everyone on the internet can see it. I don't want people I add as friends looking over my shoulder creeper style watching me game.

Reminded me of google when they announced google instant (predictive search) . Great post.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!