Photo

Nice to see the WiiU looks to be doing ok.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

The PS3 did not launch in the world climate we have now! everyone is feeling the pinch so i would say it's doing well indeed.

Regardless its not doing well as it should or needs to be at this point. That chart doesn't in the least indicate its doing well because it isn't.

Agreed
I think Destiny will also be announced either in an upcoming ND or at e3. Other big multiplats hopefully Ninty can announce through ND but it's entirely up to the publisher. Ubi didn't announce WatchDogs for Wii U before because Sony was giving Ubi part of their reveal keynote, and probably negotiated to have it announced for PS4 first.

I would be very surprised if Destiny comes to the Wii U. Even if it does it will be long after its been released on the other consoles. Activision isn't entirely happy with the Wii U sales and I don't see Bungie jumping up and down to do a Wii U version which Activision would have to agree to finance in the first place.

#22 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

Regardless its not doing well as it should or needs to be at this point. That chart doesn't in the least indicate its doing well because it isn't.

I would be very surprised if Destiny comes to the Wii U. Even if it does it will be long after its been released on the other consoles. Activision isn't entirely happy with the Wii U sales and I don't see Bungie jumping up and down to do a Wii U version which Activision would have to agree to finance in the first place.

You seem pretty down on the WiiU, will you be keeping yours?
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#23 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Looked at the bird demo again today, it is very capable.

I totally forgot about that.

Regardless if it is or is not doing well, it is,doing better then PS3 and X360 (at the same point in time). Meaning the Wii U could end up being the PS3 of this generation. Which I don't consider the PS3 a failure. It was at the start, but Sony sold 70+ million consoles. That's great. I would be happy if Wii U did that, and in five years time, I believe it will.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#24 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

piont was its not floping. as for destiny its a mmofps game unless the mmo is across platforms i doubt it but id day 40% chance of wiiu version

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

You seem pretty down on the WiiU, will you be keeping yours?

I'm not down I'm just being realistic. I've been a Nintendo fan since the NES and owned practically all their consoles at one time or another. I also love many of their first party franchises in particular Mario, Zelda and Metroid. I have no intention of getting rid of my Wii U. I've always been a multi games console owner as fortunately I can afford to be one and my Wii U won't be going anywhere until Nintendo launches their next home console. At the same time I'm not going to kid myself like many others that Nintendo have done fine with the Wii U and can do no wrong because they often act like an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand oblivious to what's going on around them and what their competitors are doing to pull in the customers. I just feel they haven't learnt any lessons from the GameCube or Wii.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 23 February 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#26 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

It is actually doing pretty good. You always have to ignore the skepticism and look at the actual numbers. Although its starting out slow for a Nintendo console at least its doing good compared to how the competition was doing at 3 months in.

I'm not down I'm just being realistic. I've been a Nintendo fan since the NES and owned practically all their consoles at one time or another. I also love many of their first party franchises in particular Mario, Zelda and Metroid. I have no intention of getting rid of my Wii U. I've always been a multi games console owner as fortunately I can afford to be one and my Wii U won't be going anywhere until Nintendo launches their next home console. At the same time I'm not going to kid myself like many others that Nintendo have done fine with the Wii U and can do no wrong because they often act like an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand oblivious to what's going on around them and what their competitors are doing to pull in the customers. I just feel they haven't learnt any lessons from the GameCube or Wii.

Im not going to respond to you as a fanboy this time but at least give it a chance before you decide to let it eat dust. At least wait til after E3 before you make a decision.

Signature_DK.png

#27 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

E3 is coming. All they need to do is show some Super Smash Bros. Wii U footage and I'll wet my pants. :P
Hypothetically of course...

What do you mean hypothetically? I'm going to probably run out of pants on that day.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

It is actually doing pretty good. You always have to ignore the skepticism and look at the actual numbers. Although its starting out slow for a Nintendo console at least its doing good compared to how the competition was doing at 3 months in.
Im not going to respond to you as a fanboy this time but at least give it a chance before you decide to let it eat dust. At least wait til after E3 before you make a decision.

I never said I wasn't going to give it a chance. I already said I intend on keeping it until the next Nintendo home console is released. I'm also not under the false impression that just owning a Wii U is going to allow me to play all the games I want. I've always been a multi platform gamer and I always will be. I don't have anything against Nintendo but at the same time I try to be realistic and I do call out all three console companies when its justified. There are certain things especially hardware wise that Nintendo cannot change now it has released its console but there are still things that are software and policy related they can change to narrow down the difference between them and their competitors. The problem is they keep insisting on doing their own thing and end up alienating developers and gamers in the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!