• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Okay, so I just got my Wii U today and there's a question i want to ask before I unbox it and set it all up.Is it best to let it charge before doing all the set up and update? Because I've read a few threads on here a few months back before I decided to become a member that a few people had trouble with their Wii U gamepads after setting it up and everything because it wasn't fully charged.

#2 xer0

xer0

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

When I got my system, I just plugged my gamepad directly into the charging cable out of the box and ran through the entire setup without any issue.

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I left it in the cradle while it updated, or if u have the white wii u charge it while it updates, no issues whatsoever

Edited by EVO, 23 February 2013 - 05:12 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I don't have one, but I like to have my devices fully charged before I update them. So I suggest you do that.

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Okay, so I just got my Wii U today and there's a question i want to ask before I unbox it and set it all up.Is it best to let it charge before doing all the set up and update? Because I've read a few threads on here a few months back before I decided to become a member that a few people had trouble with their Wii U gamepads after setting it up and everything because it wasn't fully charged.

It won't auto shutdown during the update, so just plug in the cradle, set it in and leave it there while it does it's thing.

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

When I got my system, I just plugged my gamepad directly into the charging cable out of the box and ran through the entire setup without any issue.

I did the same.

I don't have one, but I like to have my devices fully charged before I update them. So I suggest you do that.

That's not neccessary as long as you have the Gamepad power supply connected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!