routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

I wholeheartedly disagree. The problem is this is a Wii U specific site and a lot of people here can't handle the fact that someone can be a realist and see how it is rather then the way they want it to be or blindly believe it to be. I'm far from a Nintendo hater but I'm not going to blindly believe or accept everything is fine and dandy with the Wii U when it obviously is not. Nintendo still has a lot to prove regards being a true competitor to Sony and MS. Doing things their own way and not reacting to market factors and not doing everything in their power to promote and market the Wii and trying to convince people why they should own a Wii U isn't going to help their cause. Its as simple as that. If people choose not to accept that then that's there decision. I'm not going to go along with the biased majority just because that's what people here want.

I'm not saying you are a Nintendo hater, and I can respect and understand your intention to be realistic about your expectations from Nintendo.

That said, your tone makes you sound like a Nintendo hater sometimes.  You are a cynic, and there isn't anything wrong with that, but you (don't have to but) should show respect to others' opinions or bias as well.  It isn't that anyone thinks that Nintendo handled it perfectly, its that some people have faith that the Wii U will succeed once the library starts to beef up.  Blaming Nintendo only goes so far, you either believe in the console and how Nintendo's principles and innovation shaped it, or you don't.  I think you believe that it is a capable system, and I do to.  I think you believe that Nintendo has a lot of work to do to get better sales and better support from 3rd party publishers other than Ubisoft, and I do to.  I don't see the need to point it out ALL THE TIME, however, because we all know it and accept it, but we can accept that and still show support and faith in the platform.  I hope I'm making sense, lol.  I completely respect what you're trying to say, I would just like to see a more moderate tone, criticism for what has happened, but hope in Nintendo to do the right thing going forward.  

#42 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

I'm not saying you are a Nintendo hater, and I can respect and understand your intention to be realistic about your expectations from Nintendo.

That said, your tone makes you sound like a Nintendo hater sometimes.  You are a cynic, and there isn't anything wrong with that, but you (don't have to but) should show respect to others' opinions or bias as well.  It isn't that anyone thinks that Nintendo handled it perfectly, its that some people have faith that the Wii U will succeed once the library starts to beef up.  Blaming Nintendo only goes so far, you either believe in the console and how Nintendo's principles and innovation shaped it, or you don't.  I think you believe that it is a capable system, and I do to.  I think you believe that Nintendo has a lot of work to do to get better sales and better support from 3rd party publishers other than Ubisoft, and I do to.  I don't see the need to point it out ALL THE TIME, however, because we all know it and accept it, but we can accept that and still show support and faith in the platform.  I hope I'm making sense, lol.  I completely respect what you're trying to say, I would just like to see a more moderate tone, criticism for what has happened, but hope in Nintendo to do the right thing going forward.  

To be fair the problem is all the doom and gloom as well as negative threads that sprout up virtually every day here. Rather then talk about the positives people here keep focusing on the negatives. My posts just add fuel to the fire because I happen to have an opinion not shared by others. People need to stop posting this threads in the first place.

#43 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

To be fair the problem is all the doom and gloom as well as negative threads that sprout up virtually every day here. Rather then talk about the positives people here keep focusing on the negatives. My posts just add fuel to the fire because I happen to have an opinion not shared by others. People need to stop posting this threads in the first place.

Agreed.

#44 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

Check out this awesome article about TONS of Upcoming Confirmed & Speculative Games for Wii U!!!!!

http://nintendoenthu...ng-wii-u-games/

#45 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Check out this awesome article about TONS of Upcoming Confirmed & Speculative Games for Wii U!!!!!

slyp.jpg

#46 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Good read

Edited by Kao, 15 March 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#47 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

That was an awesome read!

#48 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

I agree with Gamejunkie that Nintendo does seem to have a bit of an attitude problem. Like others have said, they must have known that there would be like 6 months of no games before the Wii U's release. They should have planned ahead and released the Wii U at a later date, or made sure that there was going to be some games available. To me, it seems like Nintendo just expected the Wii U to just sell because the Wii was such a huge success. I don't think they realize that it isn't as innovative as they would like to think. Hopefully they will learn from this and work hard to give us some games.

#49 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

I agree with Gamejunkie that Nintendo does seem to have a bit of an attitude problem. Like others have said, they must have known that there would be like 6 months of no games before the Wii U's release. They should have planned ahead and released the Wii U at a later date, or made sure that there was going to be some games available. To me, it seems like Nintendo just expected the Wii U to just sell because the Wii was such a huge success. I don't think they realize that it isn't as innovative as they would like to think. Hopefully they will learn from this and work hard to give us some games.

i do somewhat agree, nintendo did push to have the consul released early, and ended up with a premature release. but that early release would help gain a edge on PS4/720. but if they released 3 months later, ninty will probly take that time to further engineer the consul, increasing quality but losing the early release edge. it would also delay more games as a result do to changing hardware. i am worried if there is a design flaw in the wiiU because it was likly released prematurly.

#50 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

i do somewhat agree, nintendo did push to have the consul released early, and ended up with a premature release. but that early release would help gain a edge on PS4/720. but if they released 3 months later, ninty will probly take that time to further engineer the consul, increasing quality but losing the early release edge. it would also delay more games as a result do to changing hardware. i am worried if there is a design flaw in the wiiU because it was likly released prematurly.

...What? What makes you think delaying the launch 3 months would fix any hardware problems? Not that I think delaying it wouldn't fix the issue of day-1 updates and bad port jobs. But, launching in the holiday season would help with console sales.

#51 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

I agree and disagree at the same time.

In my humble opinion - I think that even if the system "wasn't ready for retail" when they launched, it would have been a bad marketing move to launch a console in the Spring. Every gamer (and parent with a wallet) knows that new consoles launch in the Holiday Season. I honestly think that's why it took so long for the 3DS to pick up steam, because they launched in later winter/early spring.

Regardless of whether it was a good/bad choice to launch when they did, we have the Newest Nintendo Console and it's Awesome!!!!

Yeah the past few months sucked as far as new games are concerned but that happens with every single console launch.

I used to run a game store back in the early 2000's and this was the exact same situation that happened when the Gamecube, DS, PS3, and 360 all launched but for some strange reason everyone seems to forget about those launches when they are referring to the current state of the gaming industry.

There are ups and downs just like any other industry.

We are all very lucky to be gamers in this era of multiple consoles "competing" with each other for our hard earned money.

Once again in my opinion, I don't really consider Nintendo to be in "competition" with Sony and/or Microsoft simply because Nintendo fans are so dedicated to the quality that goes synonymously with their name. I will (hopefully) always be a Nintendo fan/consumer unless they completely change their ways. (which I don't see happening anytime soon)

Edited by nothinglost, 15 March 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#52 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

90% of the games on that list are mobile phone games !

#53 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

90% of the games on that list are mobile phone games !

Why is evary nintendo related post you make is so negative if ur a hater just sell ur wiiu and leave the forums

#54 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Why is evary nintendo related post you make is so negative if ur a hater just sell ur wiiu and leave the forums

Is it not true that 90% of the games on that list are mobile phone games ?

I am just making a point.

#55 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Is it not true that 90% of the games on that list are mobile phone games ?

I am just making a point.

I disagree. Most of them are fully fledged retail games or digital download only games. Very few if any are at the quality level of mobile phone games.

#56 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

...What? What makes you think delaying the launch 3 months would fix any hardware problems? Not that I think delaying it wouldn't fix the issue of day-1 updates and bad port jobs. But, launching in the holiday season would help with console sales.

im saying nintendo was engenering their consul up to the last minute.  a 3 month delay would have added ruffly 3 more months to fine tune the consul, and thus add to its quality(probly add 10-40gflops, or close to teh effective equilivant). that is assuming the delay is early on, if the delay is late then it wouldnt really help at all.

#57 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

im saying nintendo was engenering their consul up to the last minute. a 3 month delay would have added ruffly 3 more months to fine tune the consul, and thus add to its quality(probly add 10-40gflops, or close to teh effective equilivant). that is assuming the delay is early on, if the delay is late then it wouldnt really help at all.

No! You can't add more power to the console at the last minute! Besides, launching in the holiday season...

Wait... you said "teh"...

You're a troll, aren't you?

#58 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Wanna know a franchise that's been recycled? Call of duty... Anyways I believe another Mario 64 style game will be release and a new donkey Kong not to mention Zelda is going to be amazing.

About being realistic. Now I own all current and a Wii u consoles so please don't throw this favoritism stuff about what I'm going to say... Nintendo won the next generation with the Wii. People always get pissed when I say that but really they dd and here's my backup. So a generation winner is chosen by one factor. Sales. That being said Nintendo sold more consoles then everyone not to mention they never lost money on the console. Anyone that disagrees with this is literally fan boying the console they play the most

Yes there are live accounts and plus accounts but really those don't matter the reason we don't see their profits in red is because of there other merchandise

#59 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

I disagree. Most of them are fully fledged retail games or digital download only games. Very few if any are at the quality level of mobile phone games.

yes but it says that the games are available on PC &/or ios - Android that is what i am getting at, also the eShop games are very expensive compared to other systems & no doubt these games on the WiiU will be the more expensive than the versions on PC, ios or Droid.

the only one of these PC, ios & Droid games that interests me is the 90's Arcade Racer game :)

#60 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

No! You can't add more power to the console at the last minute! Besides, launching in the holiday season...

Wait... you said "teh"...

You're a troll, aren't you?

u missed the effective equivilant part. meaning they had more time to engineer the system to run more effeciently, from what i saw and heard they were doing that up to the last second. 

Wanna know a franchise that's been recycled? Call of duty... Anyways I believe another Mario 64 style game will be release and a new donkey Kong not to mention Zelda is going to be amazing.

About being realistic. Now I own all current and a Wii u consoles so please don't throw this favoritism stuff about what I'm going to say... Nintendo won the next generation with the Wii. People always get pissed when I say that but really they dd and here's my backup. So a generation winner is chosen by one factor. Sales. That being said Nintendo sold more consoles then everyone not to mention they never lost money on the console. Anyone that disagrees with this is literally fan boying the console they play the most

Yes there are live accounts and plus accounts but really those don't matter the reason we don't see their profits in red is because of there other merchandise

i just saw wii won virtualy every battle except the one people care the most about, which is pretty much amount of good games, thats were the other 2 won, and that pretty much the only area except graphics too. but its the one people care about, every were else wii raped them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!