• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

So I heard about Pikmin 3 at last year's E3 conference and I just want to know if the Pikmin series is as good as people say it is? What is the gameplay supposed to be like? I'm sorry if I am asking a really dumb question to some people but this is going to be my first Pikmin title so i'm new to the series.

#2 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I also don't know, and would like some insight as to why this game is as popular as it is.  I don't see the need to get pikmin 2 as 3 is just around the corner and supposedly is deeper than the previous ones.  I don't know what any of this means because I don't know how shallow or deep pikmin is in the first place.

#3 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

"It's garbage." ~Wii U Forums

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

It's pretty good, it's not as good as Mario or Zelda but it is a good series!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Pikmin is pretty much a RTS game. The different colored Pikmin have different abilities, *blue can survive water* *red can survive fire*. You use your pikmin to collect "treasure" which will be anything from a bottle top or a duracell battery... You get cash/money for each item you find. There is a bigger picture thought an objective, in Pikmin 2 you had to collect a debt to pay off a company n your home world... i dont know the story too well. But you fight enimies and what not... My 7 year old loves the game... he is trully a beast. He plays the first two and he cannot wait for part 3. We were playing 2 player challenge maps on Pikmin 2 the other day.

#6 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'm not sure. Never played this franchise before but I always thought it looked pretty interesting as an Nintendo IP.

3 looks great from what I saw of it.

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

didnt play one, played 2. i liked it once i got past the 'starter' hump. pikmin 1 suposinliny has higher replay value, pikmin 2's is okay, something i would come back and play every now and then. 

overall pikmin is good, but a good chunk of that is from its uniqueness, it has a somewhat spacific target audiance. if you like a veriety of gameplay you probly will like it. 

pikmin 2 was considered stratigy. 2 sucked at the beginning because it was so easy and basic. 

i will say the game looked like crap when i first saw it, then it ended up being good. 3 will hopefully have alot of new and improved stuff. but i will still recemend getting pikmin 2 (1 is harder to find), play till atleast a little after the debt thing(were the game starts to challange better players). then deside if you liked it. if you didnt like it then you probly wont like pikmin 3.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Pikmin is pretty much a RTS game. The different colored Pikmin have different abilities, *blue can survive water* *red can survive fire*. You use your pikmin to collect "treasure" which will be anything from a bottle top or a duracell battery... You get cash/money for each item you find. There is a bigger picture thought an objective, in Pikmin 2 you had to collect a debt to pay off a company n your home world... i dont know the story too well. But you fight enimies and what not... My 7 year old loves the game... he is trully a beast. He plays the first two and he cannot wait for part 3. We were playing 2 player challenge maps on Pikmin 2 the other day.

Is it weird that to me Pikmin sounds like what I imagine W101 will be like?  Maybe it's a similar game with super heroes rather than pikimin,

#9 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Pikmin is one of my favourite games ever, easily in my top 3.

I don't think you can categorise Pikmin, it's unique. The story through Olimars log is captivating, the first time I saw the graphics and detail I loved it and had me wanting to explore everywhere.

Honestly losing Pikmin in battle is horrible.

#10 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

didnt play one, played 2. i liked it once i got past the 'starter' hump. pikmin 1 suposinliny has higher replay value, pikmin 2's is okay, something i would come back and play every now and then. 

overall pikmin is good, but a good chunk of that is from its uniqueness, it has a somewhat spacific target audiance. if you like a veriety of gameplay you probly will like it. 

pikmin 2 was considered stratigy. 2 sucked at the beginning because it was so easy and basic. 

i will say the game looked like crap when i first saw it, then it ended up being good. 3 will hopefully have alot of new and improved stuff. but i will still recemend getting pikmin 2 (1 is harder to find), play till atleast a little after the debt thing(were the game starts to challange better players). then deside if you liked it. if you didnt like it then you probly wont like pikmin 3.

Oh well thanks for the info. I just got done playing the Pikmin mini game attraction on Nintendo land just to get an insight on why it's so popular and now i can kinda understand part of the reason why people like it so much. It's kind of like a JRPG game with a little hint of strategy in the mix.

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Oh well thanks for the info. I just got done playing the Pikmin mini game attraction on Nintendo land just to get an insight on why it's so popular and now i can kinda understand part of the reason why people like it so much. It's kind of like a JRPG game with a little hint of strategy in the mix.

well i found normal pikmin alot funner than the attractive so you should like it.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Pikmin is great. I own them all and replayed them about 3 times each. It's just a lot to do n them. And different ways to go about things.
I hope part 3 has online play. I think that was something really lacking from the other 2.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Its a Miyamoto game, so regardless of the hate its a great game over all like his other franchises. Its really good for an idea he spent in his garden. Don't listen to the negativity revolving around the Sony team saying its a stupid kids game while they never played it in their life. You'll be just like my friend, he was new to Pikmin when he saw Olimar in Brawl, he was interested and i let him borrow Pikmin 1, he abotangerineely loved it and bought Pikmin 2 and completed everything. So for Pikmin 3 its like GTAV for him.

Edited by Julio93, 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#14 KingGoombaMan

KingGoombaMan

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • NNID:KingGoombaMan
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, etc.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Its a great game in my opinion it allows a little sense of strategy and a lot of multitasking I can't wait for the new one to arrive its looks beautiful and I always been a fan

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

I never really got into Pikman, however i want to try Pikman 3.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

never played pikmin, but it looks like lemmings - with some more brain thinking.

It looks also like wonderful 101... ?  something like it...

lemmings

Edited by Plutonas, 09 March 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Pikmin is ok, i've only played the first one, but its not something i would pay more than £30 on.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yes, yes it is Pikmin is the definition of EPIC, nomatter how over used that word is.

#19 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

I too have never played Pikmin but after playing the Nintendoland mini game I am sold and will definitely be picking it up and as for the wonderful 101 I had no interest in it either until hearing it was like Pikmin, so if I enjoy Pikmin 3 I will probably get as well.

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

tried and just couldnt get into them. maybe im just not good at RTS games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!