#21 Bonac

Bonac

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,Megaman, Metal Gear Solid

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

OP is just getting ripped lmao he deserves it because I think that was one of the worst arguments conceived on the site lol

#22 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Well if he is a paid to make Nintendo look bad it isn't working on me!

The more people moan the more I'm reminded how good the Wii U is. For ever moaning post I'll just post two positive ones.

What Sony and Xbox fans think are negatives are positives to me so Wii U bashing falls on deaf ears.

#23 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Why exactly do Nintendo need the big third-parties anyway?

If the Wii told us anything its that Nintendo made more money NOT getting the big third party games.

At the end of the day, Nintendo exist to make money, so if they repeat what happened to the Wii then its good for them.  It might be less than ideal for anyone who bought the Wii U hoping to have it as their only console, but that is their own fault for expecting any different.

When buying the Wii U you should be looking at the Wii as a guideline for what is likely to happen.  Yes it would be great if it got more support than that, but I certainly wont be holding my breath and I certainly WILL be getting a PS4 or Xbox Next for my big-publisher games.

The biggest mistake Nintendo made was making promising that big publishers would come on board, when that is something they cannot guarantee.  Even Sony and Microsoft could fall foul of that one unless they actually paid for exclusive games at launch, and even then it doesn't necessarily guarantee continued support.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 23 March 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

Why exactly do Nintendo need the big third-parties anyway?

If the Wii told us anything its that Nintendo made more money NOT getting the big third party games.

At the end of the day, Nintendo exist to make money, so if they repeat what happened to the Wii then its good for them.  It might be less than ideal for anyone who bought the Wii U hoping to have it as their only console, but that is their own fault for expecting any different.

When buying the Wii U you should be looking at the Wii as a guideline for what is likely to happen.  Yes it would be great if it got more support than that, but I certainly wont be holding my breath and I certainly WILL be getting a PS4 or Xbox Next for my big-publisher games.

The biggest mistake Nintendo made was making promising that big publishers would come on board, when that is something they cannot guarantee.  Even Sony and Microsoft could fall foul of that one unless they actually paid for exclusive games at launch, and even then it doesn't necessarily guarantee continued support.

I disagree. Comparing the Wii U to the Wii is a mistake. With the Wii Nintendo was going after a very specific market. They were going for the non gamers and the casual gamers. That's why they introduced the Wii remotes as the main control method and made the whole experience simple and user friendly. With the Wii U they are aiming to keep those customers but they are also going after the the "hardcore" market by making the system comparable with the current gen as well as providing more traditional controls with the Gamepad and Pro Controller plus the enhanced online features. This is not going to work unless they have third party support. In fact the Wii had plenty of third party support the only thing was it was mostly rubbish shovel ware aimed at the casual and non gamers which is the market Nintendo was going for. There were some third party gems however. At the end of the day without third party support the Wii U is going to struggle in the long run especially when going up against the PS4 and the Xbox 360 successor.

#25 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

I love how people here repeatedly took shots at the OP while ignoring the fact that he has a good point, Iwata is making Nintendo go around in circles, while MS and Sony are moving in a straight line.

Edited by VGCrasher, 29 March 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

hes clearly stuck in the 90s and has no clue what modern gamers are or what their interested in nintendo needs to get rid of it stubborness its habit of rehasing games its family friendly image and its reluctance to graphics and third partys the gaming industry does not take nintendo seriously and its to the point where people only by nintendo consol for first party games iwate is blind to what goes on in the gaming community and needs to step down and allow someone new to bring nintendo up to modern times and make nintendo the respectable company it once was

Gamecube was the most powerful system in it's generation, it lost them marketshare.  This was in the early 2000s.  People don't just buy Nintendo consoles for the first party games, they buy Nintendo consoles and then Nintendo first party games happen to be the best games on the system, I don't know something about good game design or something.  This frightens the pants off third parties in general.

I love how people here repeatedly took shots at the OP while ignoring the fact that he has a good point, Iwata is making Nintendo go around in circles, while MS and Sony are moving in a straight line.

Iwata & co are more focused on changing the gaming landscape, while Sony and Microsoft are focused on staying on the safest path possible while it still makes them money.  Both will work for different reasons, neither is a reason for Iwata to step down.

Nintendo is a game company first.  Microsoft a Software company, Sony a hardware company, they all play to their own strengths, such is the nature of competition.

Kingdomcode, I've briefly looked through your posts and usually it's nothing but bashing the system and the company, something tells me you're either 1) A Troll, or (2) Paid by Sony or Microsoft to post in forums professionally. If you're being paid, you're not doing a good job. I've was paid during my Uni days by Eidos to monitor forums and get market research on what gamers wanted as well as bash other rival games, and you're not being subtle enough. It's an art I tell you.

I want this job, lol

#27 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

hes clearly stuck in the 90s and has no clue what modern gamers are or what their interested in nintendo needs to get rid of it stubborness its habit of rehasing games its family friendly image and its reluctance to graphics and third partys the gaming industry does not take nintendo seriously and its to the point where people only by nintendo consol for first party games iwate is blind to what goes on in the gaming community and needs to step down and allow someone new to bring nintendo up to modern times and make nintendo the respectable company it once was

tumblr_lyvmhuW8961qa0fdy.gif

I have a bunch of Sony systems so I'm not just a N fan but I disagree with everything you said. Nintendo is doing shiz right and i'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks that 

Jontron.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!