Alii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

Yoichi Wada, the president and representative director of Square Enix, has announced that he plans to step down following a net income losses of ¥13 billion due to a decline in Western retail and digital sales. Wada will be replaced in June by Yosuke Matsuda, who joined the company in 2001. Square Enix now “expects to incur extraordinary loss in the settlement of the accounts for its fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.”

Woo-hoo..?

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Everyone is quitting, in before crash.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Wooo...13 years to late if you ask me. Also, SE are you really surprised? You put all your money into the mobile sector and pretty much released a lot of garbage since the merger. Does this really surprise anyone?

Edited by Tricky Sonic, 26 March 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

Good. Maybe they'll focus on other franchises besides Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest and quit making horrible iOS titles.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

Publishing crash maybe, not an industry crash.  Consumers are still pouring money into the industry.

#6 Alii

Alii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

I really hope this is a better turn to square Enix.. Well anything is better at this point

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg

#7 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

All we need is the president of capcom to quit and have all these companies come back to the warm boobs of nintendo.

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Well perhaps if they made the same quality blockbusters as they used to and gave micro-transactions the finger they would do better. I still want Dues Ex for Wee Yoo

All we need is the president of capcom to quit and have all these companies come back to the warm boobs of nintendo.

Don't forget Activision.

Good. Maybe they'll focus on other franchises besides Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest and quit making horrible iOS titles.

Giving up FF and DQ would be like how Capcom killed Megaman. I just say make them as good as they used to. As for the IOS games I agree %100.

Everyone is quitting, in before crash.

No. The industry is just wising up to prevent a crash actually.

Wooo...13 years to late if you ask me. Also, SE are you really surprised? You put all your money into the mobile sector and pretty much released a lot of garbage since the merger. Does this really surprise anyone?

Well said Tricky. We miss classics such as FF7. I miss your beauty Cloud.

Signature_DK.png

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Wow, first I hear about EA now SE? What could be going on? 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

why I am not surprise this will happen sooner or later that Square Enix losing alot of money cause of decline in retail and digital sales in the west. If this keep up sony will be bankrup.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#11 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Well said Tricky. We miss classics such as FF7. I miss your beauty Cloud.

Is FF7 a game w=you had to play as a kid or when it came out to actually like? I tried it and can't say I found it to be as good as people say. I enjoy FF-13-2 much more but as I said it might be that I played it last year which is like 14 or so years after it came out. Not saying it is bad at all. I did really enjoy the movie of it tbh 

Worst choice Square made in my mind was TWEWY Remix hitting iso and not 3DS and Vita

Jontron.jpg

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

The question is: with all these CEO's stepping down, how long will Iwata last? I think he will stay a couple of more years. But it's curious to see all these guys of big companies stepping down.

No sig.

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

I can see another crash coming, everyone's getting out quick, as for Square Enix this is what happens when you promise games but then never bother.

#14 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Well, this is certainly good news.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#15 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

ff13-3 anyone?

Signature_Fox.png

#16 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

wats wrong with square enix now? i keep hearing people say that they are failing... and wats with this "crash"?

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

wats wrong with square enix now? i keep hearing people say that they are failing... and wats with this "crash"?

referring to another crash of the gaming industry, the first being the crash of 1983, caused because the market was flooded with systems and crappy games that no one wanted to buy.  

#18 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

referring to another crash of the gaming industry, the first being the crash of 1983, caused because the market was flooded with systems and crappy games that no one wanted to buy.  

well theres half my question answered. i dont see a crash coming for this reason. wat would cause it this time?

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

well theres half my question answered. i dont see a crash coming for this reason. wat would cause it this time?

There won't be an entire industry crash, just some major publishers will crash, because they've put all their eggs in the FPS basket, and have opted for releasing the same games every year with a somewhat better coat of paint. 

#20 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

There won't be an entire industry crash, just some major publishers will crash, because they've put all their eggs in the FPS basket, and have opted for releasing the same games every year with a somewhat better coat of paint. 

i can see that lol i get reallly bored of a fps really fast. they are good for a quick dip rather than a long swim.

Edited by Cozmo, 27 March 2013 - 10:54 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!