Photo

Vita to miss Christmas season (been delayed)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

This is a really odd move by Sony. They were going to release the Vita at Christmas time but now it has been pushed back to 2012. Why are they choosing to miss out on such a critical period. That pretty much leaves the 3DS free from competition at Christmas. Couple that with the price drop and it seems like Nintendo are back on their way.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

It certainly does look like good news for Nintendo and the 3DS. Is there a reason why Sony have pushed the Vita back to 2012? It doesn't seem to make much economic sense to me.

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

It's coming out by Christmas in Japan, so why not the rest of the world? What's Sony thinking? They're letting their biggest competitor have the holiday crowd all to themselves (except in Japan).
Posted Image

#4 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

I can think this Christmas season will be a big boost for Nintendo's sales in Europe, continent of America, and Australia.

The delay of the Vita is sure to help Nintendo :)

#5 chainmychomp

chainmychomp

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Advance Wars, Metroid, RPGs, etc.

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Anyone have any stories that articulate the reasons Sony's delaying the Vita in the Western markets? I imagine it'd have something to do with either localization or projected launch titles, but is there any official explanation available?

#6 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

It certainly does look like good news for Nintendo and the 3DS. Is there a reason why Sony have pushed the Vita back to 2012? It doesn't seem to make much economic sense to me.

It's coming out by Christmas in Japan, so why not the rest of the world? What's Sony thinking? They're letting their biggest competitor have the holiday crowd all to themselves (except in Japan).

Anyone have any stories that articulate the reasons Sony's delaying the Vita in the Western markets? I imagine it'd have something to do with either localization or projected launch titles, but is there any official explanation available?

I have no idea why they would choose to do that :/ , the only thing I can think off is the Vita is not fully ready and they have been analysing people's reaction to the 3DS launch. They probably don't want people to say the Vita launch was crap and rushed like people were saying about the 3DS. They just want to bide their time and make it perfect with Uncharted, Wipeout etc ready at launch.

Edited by Epic Kirby, 06 August 2011 - 11:12 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#7 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Damn, I was planning to get a Vita for Christmas /:

Edited by BassDropper, 05 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, and we are totally not a western audience. We're more east than the other three combined!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Yeah, and we are totally not a western audience. We're more east than the other three combined!

Sarcasm? I actually couldn't tell :S

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

First sentence = 60% sarcasm
Second sentence = 99.99% sarcasm

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

First sentence = 60% sarcasm
Second sentence = 99.99% sarcasm

Ok then Posted Image

Edited by BassDropper, 05 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#12 Kinvara

Kinvara

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

I don't get it really either. The PSV isn't region-locked (right?) so it doesn't make much sense to only launch it in Japan.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

Sony lied.
It wasn't ready.

Not like Reggie's body when he heard the news.
Posted Image

Look at him dance, people! Look at him dance!!!

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

Seems like Sony doesn't want a huge boost in sales come launch day. If I were Sony, I would of launched the Vita near Christmas time. That way a lot more people might get it for Christmas. But, I don't work for Sony, they can make their own mistakes.

#15 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

I think this is a mistake on Sony's part, because they're going to miss the so-called "holiday rush". With both the Vita and 3DS as great options for gifts, it certainly would have been a very interesting Christmas season to watch. But with the 3DS at a price point equal to the DSi (yet clearly being the superior system in just about every way), the epic lineup of games coming out for it, and no direct competitor going up against it, Nintendo have put themselves into a very dangerous position - dangerous for their competitors, that is. They've never been this aggressive with their marketing before, which shows signs of paying off big.

It may be just what the 3DS needs to really take off. Once that happens, a product begins to spread like wildfire and becomes extremely challenging to compete with directly (like what happened with the iPod Touch, Wii, and Nintendo DS). With the 3DS getting this head start on the Vita, 2012 will certainly be a very interesting year to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing how Sony launches the Vita with this in mind.

#16 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

Secretly...
those people are Nintentards.

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:49 AM

I think this definitely ISN'T a mistake on Sony's part. Think about it: they pay so many professionals to predict when it's the right time for them to launch systems and 1st party games, do you really think you know better than all of those people who's livelihoods depend on getting this stuff right? I have no doubt they have good reasons to release the PS Vita at this date.

I'm only expressing my opinion, as are you. I never claimed to know better than Sony's employees what they're getting themselves into - I'm sure they have their reasons, too, but I was just trying to present a critical viewpoint on the situation as I see it. Key word is "think". :)

#19 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

I think this definitely ISN'T a mistake on Sony's part. Think about it: they pay so many professionals to predict when it's the right time for them to launch systems and 1st party games, do you really think you know better than all of those people who's livelihoods depend on getting this stuff right? I have no doubt they have good reasons to release the PS Vita at this date.

You're assuming that Sony are choosing to delay the Vita's launch. For all we know, there have been manufacturing problems that have ruled out a 2011 launch. I believe that this is why the 3DS was launched in March, rather than in November. Even if it was Sony's choice to delay, that doesn't mean it's the right decision. It wouldn't be the first time a company has made a mistake with their product's launch date.

#20 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 11:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!