Photo

Director's Cuts/Game of the Year editions can save the Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

That's a poor not to mention unjustifiable reason why you would want them to come to the Wii U. Just because you didn't want to buy a PS3 or 360. If you wanted to play those games so badly you should have bought one of those consoles. At the end of the day people don't realise not every game is coming to every console and ports of already released games shouldn't be the the main focus of developers and publishers. This is the reason I am a multiplatform gamer. If you don't want to or can't afford to own all the consoles then you have to expect you will miss out on certain games.

That's why I said I'd like them. I don't really care if I never play them, that's why I don't own a 360 or PS3. (Also because I like to have boundaries when it comes to games, else I'd buy too many).

Bring the noise.

#22 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

The Wii U already has a load of late ports. What it needs is new games, and, luckily enough, we have a lot of em coming up.

Posted Image

#23 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

I've had the idea that GOTY editions will hit wii-u, and thus, i've painfully decided to wait for games like Tomb raider, Bioshock and such. 

the way i look at it, if I'm wrong, then I'll pick up the games for less, if I'm right, then I'll be getting more content than i would have initially on a system i prefer.

I can't see any reasons why these games wouldn't come to wii-u later, which for me is fine, because 3DS is consuming my gaming time, and will continue to for a while with fire emblem, luigis mansion, animal crossing coming, project x zone, and then pokemon in october. 

#24 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Don't say save the Wii U, the Wii U is amazing and doing just fine. The sales will pick up especially after a price drop however not entirely sure how the sales can get up but great consoles never die.

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Don't say save the Wii U, the Wii U is amazing and doing just fine. The sales will pick up especially after a price drop however not entirely sure how the sales can get up but great consoles never die.

Yes it's a good console certainly not amazing. That said its in no way doing fine so I have no idea where you got that from. As for a price drop don't count on one anytime soon as Nintendo is already making a loss.

I've had the idea that GOTY editions will hit wii-u, and thus, i've painfully decided to wait for games like Tomb raider, Bioshock and such. 

the way i look at it, if I'm wrong, then I'll pick up the games for less, if I'm right, then I'll be getting more content than i would have initially on a system i prefer.

I can't see any reasons why these games wouldn't come to wii-u later, which for me is fine, because 3DS is consuming my gaming time, and will continue to for a while with fire emblem, luigis mansion, animal crossing coming, project x zone, and then pokemon in october. 

I think its unlikely that you will see games like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider on the Wii U. Crystal Dynamics already said the latter isn't coming to the Wii U as they would rather make a game that takes advantage of the Wii U's unique features with respect to the Gamepad. I suspect the same goes for Bioshock. Its possible when the next iteration of these games is made for the PS4 and Xbox successor they may also release them on the Wii U.

#26 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Yes it's a good console certainly not amazing. That said its in no way doing fine so I have no idea where you got that from. As for a price drop don't count on one anytime soon as Nintendo is already making a loss.

I think its unlikely that you will see games like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider on the Wii U. Crystal Dynamics already said the latter isn't coming to the Wii U as they would rather make a game that takes advantage of the Wii U's unique features with respect to the Gamepad. I suspect the same goes for Bioshock. Its possible when the next iteration of these games is made for the PS4 and Xbox successor they may also release them on the Wii U.

Got that from? Wii U had a great launch, it may not be doing great but its not doing that bad to be honest. 

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!