#21 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Remember 'X' footage we saw was just an early build, once we see the whole game in action then we should see a significant spike in sales.

While it is mostly the third party's problem for lack of games (Cough..Rayman...cough..EA), it's been quite poor of nintendo considering that we were meant to get at least Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 and launch, 4 months in and still no sign. I think most people aren't really worried about the colonial marines port thanks to the bombardment of bad reviews on all the other platforms.

Hopefully Nintendo is saving for something big because there going to have a lot of competition to face with PS4 and 720 most definitely going to make an appearance.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#22 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

I've been saying it all along. If you make the games, they will come.

#23 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Wii U Ambassador program?? YES PLEASE!!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#24 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

This is why Nintendo is wise.

A price cut won't sell a games system With no compelling games.

Games will.

And nothing else.

If an hd, killer graphics, amazing gameplay, deep storyline Metroid U or Zelda game came out, looking stellar and playing wonderfully, no one would complain about a measly $350.

They pay that and more without blinking.

Likewise if all ps4 has was the same games the wii currently has, no one would be hyped about that console either.

People were hyped because they saw killer ps4 apps: games like killzone 4, the unreal demo, things to really hype the system. Not 2D mascot games, old gen ports, or games that started life on and still look like wii games.

They saw big explosions, high drama, and games with big budgets that were designed specifically for that system from the beginning.

Nintendo has chosen for whatever reason to just be happy until e3 2013. Idk why. It seems like suicide. But that's what they are doing.

And they don't seem nervous. At all.

#25 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Lego City and Monster Hunter have just proven this claim.

The Wii U saw a global 150% increase in hardware sales and 300% in software sales.

In USA alone those numbers are roughly 200% and 650% (!!!) respectively.

Even Europe, who's sales numbers do not include Lego City yet, the best selling Wii U game in USA, saw an increase of roughly 100% in both hardware and software.

Next week should further improve those numbers. 

Imagine what Pikmin 3 will bring.

(btw I know it's VGChartz data, but its the same data that's been used for the doom threads)

Edited by TheSparrow87, 31 March 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#26 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

We've got, what?, 9 weeks 'til E3? Until we'll finally get to see what Nintendo has up its sleeves, by god that seems like, and I'm sure will feel like, aaaaaggges! If only I could get my time machine finished, I only need 1 more part...the part that actually let's you travel through time...I'm not sure what its called exactly, but no suppliers of scientific equipment that I've phoned seems to stock them?....they just hang up on me......its very unprofessional of them IMO.....

Edited by backudog, 01 April 2013 - 12:08 AM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#27 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

I wouldn't underestimate the value of a price cut. Even if the games start coming the price could still hold back consumers will to wait out to see what sony/xbox have coming.

The right title combined with a more competitive price point is they key.

#28 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

In my case price point determined the timing of the purchase rather than whether there would be a purchase. I had intended to wait until June before buying my Wii U but after managing to get hold of one of the HMV Zombi U Premium Pack bundles I took the plunge early based on the amazing price. 

I don't think the current pricing is wildly off mark - just we need a bit more in the way of games. When I used to look in Game's Wii U section there were only a few games plus a lot of empty boxes for the Colonial Marines game that is now looking questionable. Not a great selling point. But with more releases to come I feel sales will become even more positive. Comparing to 360 & PS3 launch sales the Wii U isn't doing badly.. just more of a case that it could easily be even better with more games released/demonstrated. 

#29 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

With 5 free Gamecube games? XD

Jontron.jpg

#30 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Nintendo's E3 showing will probably be incredible this year, if it's not then they might struggle for a while depending on the PS4's showing.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#31 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Nintendo's E3 showing will probably be incredible this year, if it's not then they might struggle for a while depending on the PS4's showing.

Its getting close, they need to start blowing the horn on the hype train.  I think We'll see a direct for Wii U in April, alongside the patch release.  Hopefully one or two decent announcements.

#32 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

Wishful thinking.

#33 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

We've got, what?, 9 weeks 'til E3? Until we'll finally get to see what Nintendo has up its sleeves, by god that seems like, and I'm sure will feel like, aaaaaggges! If only I could get my time machine finished, I only need 1 more part...the part that actually let's you travel through time...I'm not sure what its called exactly, but no suppliers of scientific equipment that I've phoned seems to stock them?....they just hang up on me......its very unprofessional of them IMO.....

It's called a flux capacitor (http://cache.gizmodo...007/11/flux.jpg)

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#34 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Amen.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#35 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Well, seeing that its been 5 months and Nintendo hasn't even showed anything, I sure as hell hope they announce something big since we don't even have a release date for Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2.

ya, im glad they are talking their time on these games but it woul be nice to hear some details every now and then.

#36 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

ya, im glad they are talking their time on these games but it woul be nice to hear some details every now and then.

Yeah i mean its been 5 months and they haven't responded at all to this negative backlash. I sure hope they are doing something instead of nothing. I mean what are they doing? Counting their teeth?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#37 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yeah i mean its been 5 months and they haven't responded at all to this negative backlash. I sure hope they are doing something instead of nothing. I mean what are they doing? Counting their teeth?

Miyamoto might very well be counting his teeth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!