Photo

I have one question can the graphics of wreck it ralph movie handle Wii u in a g

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 supersonicbros639

supersonicbros639

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

I have one question can the graphics of wreck it ralph movie handle Wii u  in a game in real time

#2 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

I have one question can the graphics of wreck it ralph movie handle Wii u  in a game in real time

The graphics on wreck it ralph couldn't be handled by a PS4.....

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

I have one question can the graphics of wreck it ralph movie handle Wii u in a game in real time

Nothing can handle that in real time. It would have to be scaled down big time.

#4 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

It takes around 1 hour per frame to render it on a super high tech render farm computer.

28gxdv8.png

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

It takes around 1 hour per frame to render it on a super high tech render farm computer.

It takes longer than that. The highest end consumer PC couldn't handle anything close o that in real time

#6 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

It takes longer than that. The highest end consumer PC couldn't handle anything close o that in real time

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he say render farm? Isn't that lots and lots of high end PCs designed and dedicated for 3D rendering working together in parallel? 

Edited by Penguin101, 01 April 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he say render farm? Isn't that lots and lots of high end PCs designed and dedicated for 3D rendering working together in parallel? 

Yep, and it takes longer than an hour for most rendered films.  Cars 2 took an average of 11.5 hours per frame, on a single render.  Keep in mind each frame is rendered several times as detail is added.  Transformers took nearly 40 hours per frame.  It varies per movie based on the amount of detail they want in there, but it is much more than 1 hour.  

#8 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yep, and it takes longer than an hour for most rendered films.  Cars 2 took an average of 11.5 hours per frame, on a single render.  Keep in mind each frame is rendered several times as detail is added.  Transformers took nearly 40 hours per frame.  It varies per movie based on the amount of detail they want in there, but it is much more than 1 hour.  

Holy balls.

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Holy balls.

Exactly, now take into account that each of the blades in your typical render farm is ridiculously more powerful than even the highest end home PC, which is hilariously more powerful than home consoles (though developers don't have the same access to the bare metal for coding).  

#10 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Maybe not now, but you never know what the future may hold.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Maybe not now, but you never know what the future may hold.

Those blade systems are upgraded and advanced just as frequently as the consumer equipment, so it will never catch up, but year in the future it may be able to get something similar to today's current rendering technology, but cutting the requirement down from several or more hours to realtime would be a Herculean feat of technology. 

#12 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

You're right but those are rendered in like 4K while Wii U does 1080p it wouldn't take as much time. Ofc I just made a wild guess.

28gxdv8.png

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

You're right but those are rendered in like 4K while Wii U does 1080p it wouldn't take as much time. Ofc I just made a wild guess.

It varies by movie but most Pixar movies are done at 2k at the most.  The most recent Dark Knight movie was done at 8k.  Most pure CGI films are actually rendered at a lower resolution then uprezzed to the release resolutions when output to film.  The home movie adaptation is a conversion back to digital from film.

#14 supersonicbros639

supersonicbros639

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

can you make real time like cg I think it can

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

don't forget that all the models in the animated films like that, Toy Story, Cars etc are 3D models, not sure of the pixel dimensions either.

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

don't forget that all the models in the animated films like that, Toy Story, Cars etc are 3D models, not sure of the pixel dimensions either.

True, and that's where we see variance in the amount of time frames take to render. 

#17 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Not even the PS4 can emulate toy story 1 graphics in real time.

794144.png?13383682

#18 supersonicbros639

supersonicbros639

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

can you make it like cgi?

#19 supersonicbros639

supersonicbros639

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I have no idea what to do for my game engine I am stuck I need the graphics from the movie wreck it ralph in real time gameplay

but to be crystal clear is the Wii u  powerful to use the wreck it ralph movie graphics in Wii u real time gameplay

and please add detail thank you  

89d3ae47dafa7969143d142dc692fe75.png

Edited by supersonicbros639, 01 April 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I have no idea what to do for my game engine I am stuck I need the graphics from the movie wreck it ralph in real time gameplay

but to be crystal clear is the Wii u  powerful to use the wreck it ralph movie graphics in Wii u real time gameplay

and please add detail thank you  

89d3ae47dafa7969143d142dc692fe75.png

You're making a gaming engine? Good luck with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!