• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Just wanted to say that I've seen GameJunkie hate on all three.

He isn't a fanboy.

Partly true. I do criticise all three but I also praise all of them when its warranted. I don't have allegiance to any one of them and have been a multiplatform gamer for as long as I can remember. I am a realist and won't give excuses for a company when they are in the wrong. Nintendo isn't perfect but nor is Sony or Microsoft. They all have their good points but overall I believe Sony has done more things right then the other two. I also believe in giving a chance as well as the benefit of the doubt rather then make assumptions based on biased views. I am fortunate to own all the consoles and I appreciate a lot of people aren't or don't want to spend that kind of money. It doesn't mean they should blatantly get behind that company and slag off the competition everytime they get a chance. At the end of the day these companies are all revenue earning businesses and they make business decisions based on what they feel is right for them and their share holders. We may not always feel they are right but that doesn't mean we slag them off and those who happen to support them. I own all the consoles for the simple reason that not one of them provides me with everything I want from my gaming experience.

#42 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

I think one of the bigger disappointments for me is the lack of DLC use.

As far as I can tell, only one game has has DLC being used on the system, that being Assassin's Creed III. Feel free to point out some more to me. The only thing remotely close to was the Spotpass I got from Tecmo Koei regarding Christmas costumes for three characters in WO3H.

I also know that Treyarch tried to get DLC to Black Ops II and apparently for the last few months, it's under review. I don't like that Nintendo is like this. They don't like to adapt to current trends that well. They know that there are plenty of users that use DLC features and the like. Their practices as a software creator should not impede how DLC works for the third parties on their system. They went ahead and said developers had download freedom... so where is it?

I really don't understand it. DLC is basically free money.

You take stuff out of the game at launch and then sell it back to people who bought the game later.

How does it cost them anything to just throw it out there?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#43 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

The slow death of the console gaming market is what will kill Sony and Microsoft. You know you can't get Nintendo first party titles unless you buy a Nintendo console. Same does not apply to PS360. You can have all what you get with a PC. At the end, Nintendo still wins. PC gaming will kill Sony and Microsoft unless they get IPs. Little Bog Planet is not a system seller...

That's personnaly why I get Nintendo consoles. You can disagree.

Posted Image

#44 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Same as me...

PC+Wii U for the win! :D

#45 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

The slow death of the console gaming market is what will kill Sony and Microsoft. You know you can't get Nintendo first party titles unless you buy a Nintendo console. Same does not apply to PS360. You can have all what you get with a PC. At the end, Nintendo still wins. PC gaming will kill Sony and Microsoft unless they get IPs. Little Bog Planet is not a system seller...
That's personnaly why I get Nintendo consoles. You can disagree.

I disagree. There are a lot of games exclusive to both the PS3 and Xbox 360 especially the former that you can't get on the PC. Also PC gaming will never kill off Sony and Microsoft as they still provide a lot that you can't get on PC's. As for Little Bog Planet there is no such game. If you're referring to LittleBigPlanet it certainly is a system seller although there are other better examples.

#46 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

console gaming dying and pc and nintendo being the only two left? come on. Consoles are doing very well. Look at most recent games. Notice anything interesting about their UI? It's made for console! Just check out the horrific vanilla Skyrim UI. It's an embarrassment.

#47 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

console gaming dying and pc and nintendo being the only two left? come on. Consoles are doing very well. Look at most recent games. Notice anything interesting about their UI? It's made for console! Just check out the horrific vanilla Skyrim UI. It's an embarrassment.

It won't die, but I sure hope it won't stay in the state it's in much longer. DLC, microtransactions, yearly installments of stuf like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc. And people say Nintendo does the same old thing over and over.

#48 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

I disagree. You only have to look at what the PS3 offers compared to the Wii and Wii U to know that the overall experience will be far better not to mention all the stuff they mentioned in the PS4 presentation.

The difference in power between Wii and PS3 was very large, so it is only to suspect that the overall experience would be very different. The difference between Wii U and PS4 seems to be much smaller. That said, to me the Wii had a better line-up of games than PS3. A lot of the PS3 games seem like really good games when you read about them, but when you actually play them, it feels like something is missing.  I am not at all interested in the military FPS-type of games that seem to be so popular among many youngsters today, but I definitely prefer using the wiimote+nunchuk before using a standard "classic controller" type of controller in the fps style games I enjoy, like Metroid Prime Trilogy. I know a lot of people disagree, and they really love their PS3:s, and that's not strange at all. But saying the PS4 will offer a more "complete gaming experience" than the Wii U based on... yeah, I don't know... seems very strange to me. I still think it will be better for some, worse for some, depending on what one is looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!