Photo

RUMOR: Subscription-based Xbox 720 priced at $300, with $500 standard model?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

http://www.gamespot....d-model-6406544

Apparently the 300 dollar one will require a subscription, and the standard model will cost 500.  It will also require to be online also at all times. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I would probably get the $300 version, as long as the subscription is still the same price as a year is now.

#3 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

POPULAR

Watch it have yet ANOTHER red ring of death just like the rest.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#4 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

The funny thing is with Xbox, people buy one to spend less money when compared with PS3 but end up spending more. xD

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

interesting...

#6 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Watch it have yet ANOTHER red ring of death just like the rest.

The original Xbox had a red ring? :o I wonder why mine still works.

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

This console looks like a piece of crap from all these rumours.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

Meh I love my 360, aside from overheatings, disc-scratching/bad discreaders, random crashes, paid online networking...

I bought it for the awesome controllers and because most of my friends play it, alright? I didn't know it would have THAT much issues. Microsoft really needs to get their s**t straight or else I'll buy a PS4 instead.

No sig.

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

This console looks like a piece of crap from all these rumours.

What rumours. Nothing has been said to my knowledge about the console itself both what it looks like and what the internal hardware consists of. To me you just sound like your trolling.

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

What rumours. Nothing has been said to my knowledge about the console itself both what it looks like and what the internal hardware consists of. To me you just sound like your trolling.

figuratively looks.  looks is the wrong word, but it's easy to understand the spirit of the post through the magic of context.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

What was the Xbox 360s launch price btw? Wasn't it 300 euros in Europe?

No sig.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

What was the Xbox 360s launch price btw? Wasn't it 300 euros in Europe?

In the US is was $300 for the Core, $400 for the premium.

#13 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

To me, I sound like I'm not. Have you heard the always online even if you have a sh*&#(*tty internet connection rumour? The you can't play second hand games rumour? THIS RUMOUR? 

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

To me, I sound like I'm not. Have you heard the always online even if you have a sh*&#(*tty internet connection rumour? The you can't play second hand games rumour? THIS RUMOUR? 

He's splitting hairs over semantics.  You said "looks" instead of "sounds", and there haven't been any rumors on the aesthetics of the console itself.  He knows what you meant in context, or at least should. 

#15 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

they are shooting themselves in the foot with this whole "always online" thing...

#16 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

What percentage do you suppose of current xbox 360 owners have the internet? I'm assuming a very high percentage. Given that, I would not be surprised to see the nextbox do VERY well. What if they let your friends list transfer over to the nextbox? Even more guarantee that it'll do well. I think people are underestimating Microsoft. Do they have shady business practices? Probably. Do they nickel and dime you to death like EA? Yep. They're also an INSANELY successful business.

Edited by DexterousGecko, 08 April 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#17 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Constant online connection ? No, thanks. Sony wins. Flawless victory.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#18 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

I don`t know if MS will use the subscription model now. It could be useful if they need a price drop in the future without having to actually do one.

My guess is something from 400 to 500. Most likely using two models, with one at 400 and the other at 450.

If they go for 500 that will be really bad for them. Not as much if PS4 is in the same range.

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

I don`t know if MS will use the subscription model now. It could be useful if they need a price drop in the future without having to actually do one.

My guess is something from 400 to 500. Most likely using two models, with one at 400 and the other at 450.

If they go for 500 that will be really bad for them. Not as much if PS4 is in the same range.

Microsoft has been talking about subsidizing PC sales through a subscription plan attached to Windows for quite some time now, since Longhorn started development at least.  This is not out of the realm of possibility and if true would actually work in their favor.  Most people who own an XBOX already subscribe to LIVE, and this would actually make a value proposition out of the subscription fee by giving a rebate on hardware based on the subscription you were already going to buy.

#20 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

The original Xbox had a red ring? :o I wonder why mine still works.

What percentage do you suppose of current xbox 360 owners have the internet? I'm assuming a very high percentage. Given that, I would not be surprised to see the nextbox do VERY well. What if they let your friends list transfer over to the nextbox? Even more guarantee that it'll do well. I think people are underestimating Microsoft. Do they have shady business practices? Probably. Do they nickel and dime you to death like EA? Yep. They're also an INSANELY successful business.

Internet systems are different then regular computers or at least the ones I have are and most of my friends. While our laptops and what not connect fine we have issue at times with gaming systems. Not saying it doesn't connect well but I had to go 6 months with no wifi for my PS3 while my wii connected fine

Jontron.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!