• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

XBOX will have smartglass, and PS4 will have Vita integration, but it won't be "quite" the same.  The Wii U GPU was specifically designed to render to both screens at the same time, with completely different images if necessary, I'm not sure if the others would be able to do it quite as well and beyond that I don't know how well wifi would hold up if you're streaming back and forth wireless video and input commands over the LAN.  Smartglass and Vita depend on Wifi, Vita doesn't have video over bluetooth that anyone knows of, and Smartglass is meant to work with any windows 8 device.

Smart Glass works with iOS and I believe Android devices too. I have the Smart Glass app on my iPhone and iPad and have tried it with my Xbox 360.

#42 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Smart Glass works with iOS and I believe Android devices too. I have the Smart Glass app on my iPhone and iPad and have tried it with my Xbox 360.

Interesting, that only limit the possible use cases further one would think.

#43 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

what's the diff between smartglass and gamepad?

#44 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

what's the diff between smartglass and gamepad?

Smart Glass is a technology developed by Microsoft to allow smart phones and tablets to interact with the Xbox 360. It uses Wi-Fi to do this. For example you can control the Xbox 360 dashboard using the Smart Glass app on Windows, iOS and Android based phones and tablets. The Gamepad is specific to the Wii U.

#45 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Smart Glass is a technology developed by Microsoft to allow smart phones and tablets to interact with the Xbox 360. It uses Wi-Fi to do this. For example you can control the Xbox 360 dashboard using the Smart Glass app on Windows, iOS and Android based phones and tablets. The Gamepad is specific to the Wii U.

so basically gamepad is The Boss.

#46 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Want the game, may get it.

Edited by PotatoHog, 06 May 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#47 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

dudes:

spies vs mercs is back

#48 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

news from e3 that all versions of this look very dated :(

thinking of cancelling my pre-order for this to see what it's like before i buy it, yet another game it seems i won't be getting for my WiiU :(

#49 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

whoa didn't notice that response before... seriously? you aren't stoked about spies vs mercs? dude. okay. i understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!