• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Looks like Microsoft is playing games again.  This is pretty pathetic.  At any rate, the WiiU is listed on the splash page for the official teaser site, so it is coming to Wii U.  I assume Microsoft wants people to believe that it won't be coming to Wii U so people will automatically think xbox when they think of the game.  Sad.

I wouldn't say its pathetic but a shrewd business move on Microsoft's part. Plus its not just the Wii U they are targeting but also the PS3 and PS4. Besides their main rival is the PS3 and PS4 not the Wii U.

Agreed and I saw that splash page. This is partially what gives people a bad perception of Nintendo and it isn't anything they did wrong and there isn't really anything to do about it when you have bully companies do this crap... only thing Nintendo can do is be itself and drop some big bombs of it's own... which it will.

There is nothing bullying or crap about it. Nintendo and Sony could do the same thing if they chose to but they don't. Its just part of doing business and competition. Even before the Wii U Microsoft was doing that to get the one up on Sony and the PS3.

#42 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

I wouldn't say its pathetic but a shrewd business move on Microsoft's part. Plus its not just the Wii U they are targeting but also the PS3 and PS4. Besides their main rival is the PS3 and PS4 not the Wii U.

There is nothing bullying or crap about it. Nintendo and Sony could do the same thing if they chose to but they don't. Its just part of doing business and competition. Even before the Wii U Microsoft was doing that to get the one up on Sony and the PS3.

Wii U will be a big source of competition for them this gen, as they were last gen.  There is a reason Nintendo typically leads the entire gaming industry.  They create something, the other companies follow suit with their own versions of the same thing.  It happens nearly every single generation.  It happened with shoulder buttons, then analogue sticks, then analogue triggers, then motion controls, then the second screen and touch controls.  They always follow Nintendo when it comes to hardware design, and I don't mean what base hardware goes into the system, it's easy to build a really powerful system, but to make it fun to play, they look to Nintendo for those ideas.

#43 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Another COD i'm not shocked, i'll probably just beat the campaign and play Multiplayer every once in a blue moon..

#44 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Wii U will be a big source of competition for them this gen, as they were last gen.  There is a reason Nintendo typically leads the entire gaming industry.  They create something, the other companies follow suit with their own versions of the same thing.  It happens nearly every single generation.  It happened with shoulder buttons, then analogue sticks, then analogue triggers, then motion controls, then the second screen and touch controls.  They always follow Nintendo when it comes to hardware design, and I don't mean what base hardware goes into the system, it's easy to build a really powerful system, but to make it fun to play, they look to Nintendo for those ideas.

I disagree completely with that. The Wii was no competition for the PS3 and Xbox 360 and the same will apply to the Wii U compared to the PS4 and Xbox 360 successor. Nintendo hasn't lead the gaming industry since the SNES except in the portable console space with the DS and 3DS. By hardware I mean the raw power under the hood and in that respect the Wii U is underpowered compared to the PS4 and likely the same compared to the next MIcrosoft console. Sony and MS have never considered Nintendo to be direct competition. Yes they both came up with motion based control systems to try and capture the casual market because they saw the success Nintendo had regards that with the Wii U.

Unfortunately its plain to see that neither the gaming media nor the gaming industry considers the Wii U as a next gen console in the same league as the PS4 and next Microsoft console. Even in development terms its always the Wii U/Xbox 360/PS3 compared to the PC/PS4/Next Microsoft console in development terms. Some may think I'm being a Nintendo hater or a fanboy of the other consoles when I say this but I'm not. Its just looking at the situation realistically and not with eyes closed or the head in the sand. I like Nintendo and have been a Nintendo fan since the beginning with the NES but I can also see that Nintendo while it has improved with the launch of the Wii U its still not in a position to compete on a level playing field with the other two console manufacturers.

#45 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

I disagree completely with that. The Wii was no competition for the PS3 and Xbox 360 and the same will apply to the Wii U compared to the PS4 and Xbox 360 successor. Nintendo hasn't lead the gaming industry since the SNES except in the portable console space with the DS and 3DS. By hardware I mean the raw power under the hood and in that respect the Wii U is underpowered compared to the PS4 and likely the same compared to the next MIcrosoft console. Sony and MS have never considered Nintendo to be direct competition. Yes they both came up with motion based control systems to try and capture the casual market because they saw the success Nintendo had regards that with the Wii U.

Unfortunately its plain to see that neither the gaming media nor the gaming industry considers the Wii U as a next gen console in the same league as the PS4 and next Microsoft console. Even in development terms its always the Wii U/Xbox 360/PS3 compared to the PC/PS4/Next Microsoft console in development terms. Some may think I'm being a Nintendo hater or a fanboy of the other consoles when I say this but I'm not. Its just looking at the situation realistically and not with eyes closed or the head in the sand. I like Nintendo and have been a Nintendo fan since the beginning with the NES but I can also see that Nintendo while it has improved with the launch of the Wii U its still not in a position to compete on a level playing field with the other two console manufacturers.

Hardware design refers to both the internal components of the system, its efficiencies and inefficiencies, as well as the method of interaction with the console itself.  Nintendo has led in hardware interaction every single generation, everything we do to control videogames on home consoles can be directly traced back to a Nintendo innovation.

As far as "Raw power under the hood" Nintendo was the first system capable of creating three dimensional environments through mode 7.  Everything since has been iterative advancements of that very implementation.  Raw power does not, in and of itself, determine that games or gaming systems, will be entertaining or a worthwhile investment.  Interaction methods, and the software that takes advantage of them, however, do.

Its plain to see that you are being sucked into the click bait for teh lulz garbage that is being fed on CERTAIN gaming media sites.  Only fanboy biased gaming media outlets are even questioning whether Wii U is next gen, because they want to maintain that PS4 or XBOX is the best, because that is where their personal preference lies.

Sites like IGN will say whatever you want them to say so long as you pay them enough to say it.

The only reason some games are being developed WiiU/PS3/360 is due to the common instruction set.  It has nothing to do with raw potential or specs or anything else, it's simply a business decision to simplify the development process so that each team is working from a common code base.  This part of your comment in particular was the most annoying, because I think of you as smarter than this, and capable of seeing past BS.

The Wii U is certainly capable of competing with the other two manufacturers, and will as such.  They are making great strides in improving the third party development pipeline on their platforms, and Iwata stated he is going to market third party games on Wii U to ensure they are successful.  This is actually the first gen since the SNES where I think they can really compete simply because of the direction they are moving to make 3rd party development smoother, cheaper, and more lucrative.  

I hope you really aren't naive enough to believe that the difference in hardware between the three consoles is going to amount to much.  The XBOX is only very slightly more capable than the Wii U, according to everything we've heard, and much of those resources are going to be used for Kinect.  The PS4 is a little better than that, but still not enough to make a significant difference in any facet of gameplay other than graphical representations, which in and of itself is laughably small.  What I like about the PS4 is that it sets a clear standard for gen 9, but for gen 8, they are all competitive graphically, and all will try to make use of their second screens for new types of gameplay.

#46 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hardware design refers to both the internal components of the system, its efficiencies and inefficiencies, as well as the method of interaction with the console itself. Nintendo has led in hardware interaction every single generation, everything we do to control videogames on home consoles can be directly traced back to a Nintendo innovation.

As far as "Raw power under the hood" Nintendo was the first system capable of creating three dimensional environments through mode 7. Everything since has been iterative advancements of that very implementation. Raw power does not, in and of itself, determine that games or gaming systems, will be entertaining or a worthwhile investment. Interaction methods, and the software that takes advantage of them, however, do.

Its plain to see that you are being sucked into the click bait for teh lulz garbage that is being fed on CERTAIN gaming media sites. Only fanboy biased gaming media outlets are even questioning whether Wii U is next gen, because they want to maintain that PS4 or XBOX is the best, because that is where their personal preference lies.

Sites like IGN will say whatever you want them to say so long as you pay them enough to say it.

The only reason some games are being developed WiiU/PS3/360 is due to the common instruction set. It has nothing to do with raw potential or specs or anything else, it's simply a business decision to simplify the development process so that each team is working from a common code base. This part of your comment in particular was the most annoying, because I think of you as smarter than this, and capable of seeing past BS.

The Wii U is certainly capable of competing with the other two manufacturers, and will as such. They are making great strides in improving the third party development pipeline on their platforms, and Iwata stated he is going to market third party games on Wii U to ensure they are successful. This is actually the first gen since the SNES where I think they can really compete simply because of the direction they are moving to make 3rd party development smoother, cheaper, and more lucrative.

I hope you really aren't naive enough to believe that the difference in hardware between the three consoles is going to amount to much. The XBOX is only very slightly more capable than the Wii U, according to everything we've heard, and much of those resources are going to be used for Kinect. The PS4 is a little better than that, but still not enough to make a significant difference in any facet of gameplay other than graphical representations, which in and of itself is laughably small. What I like about the PS4 is that it sets a clear standard for gen 9, but for gen 8, they are all competitive graphically, and all will try to make use of their second screens for new types of gameplay.

It's not a question of being naive. I do believe the PS4 and Xbox successor will be quite a bit better then the Wii U. At the end of the day it's just supposition on everyone's part, you and me included. I stand by what I said and I'm not going to repeat my self or respond to you. The Wii U is likely to be under powered compared to the PS4 and Xbox successor. And it's not just about the raw power but also the functionality and dwature set. The only thing the Wii U has going for it is the gamepad and the quality first party games. We are just going to have to agree to disagree on the topic of this thread.

#47 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

The link only shows Xbox, PS and PC.

No sig.

#48 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Will probably get this for the 360, and it will be my last 360 game ever. Then I will start saving up for whatever Microsoft comes out with next, since a 3DS is my goal this Fall.

#49 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

There was a splash page showing Wii U. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#50 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

It's not a question of being naive. I do believe the PS4 and Xbox successor will be quite a bit better then the Wii U. At the end of the day it's just supposition on everyone's part, you and me included. I stand by what I said and I'm not going to repeat my self or respond to you. The Wii U is likely to be under powered compared to the PS4 and Xbox successor. And it's not just about the raw power but also the functionality and dwature set. The only thing the Wii U has going for it is the gamepad and the quality first party games. We are just going to have to agree to disagree on the topic of this thread.

It is a question of naivete, actually.  People that either don't know, or don't care to know, what hardware specs do for the end user at the end of the day can be easily fooled into believing one thing or another by simply picking out the most favorable number and using that number as a marketing tool, despite the internal knowledge that at the end of the day, it doesn't really mean everything they tell you it means.

For functionality and feature set, I have a PC, it does everything any console does, only much better.  The difference is, as you said, quality games, 1st party games are important from a sales analysis perspective, but the platform library holistically gives a better understanding of the actual enjoyment of the product.

"Underpowered" implies an inability to perform the same tasks, and there is no such limitation on the hardware.  The hardware feature set is the same, though for the CPU the instruction set is different.

Activision had the site taken down and redirected to Amazon.

#51 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

I'm actually intrigued, could this be a COD stealth game? Could they finally be changing the formula?

I kind of doubt it, but I'd really, really like that. Stealth is one of my favorite genres, so I'd definitely buy this if it were.

#52 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

I was thinking about a stealth game too, but I think I remember Activision speaking about the FPS genre so I don't think they will make such a change. What's plausible, however, is more stealth missions (which I would like, if they're more in-depth than following your captain with a sniper and let him shoot guys).

No sig.

#53 My Body is Ready

My Body is Ready

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 65 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ready Bodies

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

They said Wii U version wasnt announced because they arent announcing the Next Gen versions of the game until later.

1017467_139128322956272_1698619176_n.jpg

#54 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

I was about to post that too. Sauce: http://mynintendonew...-at-later-date/

So they are one of the few devs who consider it nextgen. Hoping it will be more like the Nextbox version than 360 version then.
No sig.

#55 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

it sucks that it's not coming to wiiu but it also sucks that it seems like a bit of a ripoff of ghost recon :-p

#56 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

it sucks that it's not coming to wiiu but it also sucks that it seems like a bit of a ripoff of ghost recon :-p

it will be coming to the Wii U. Check previous posts

Bump.

http://www.nintendow....com/news/34302

Call of Duty Ghosts now confirmed by more then one source to be arriving on Wii U on Novemeber 5th. Not a huge surprise, but more confirmation. 

Meow

1.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 22 May 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#57 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

From what i read it will be realeased but its going to use the same graphics engine as the Xbox One and PS4 version.

#58 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Another COD i'm not shocked, i'll probably just beat the campaign and play Multiplayer every once in a blue moon..

that's how i feel...

#59 joiemoie

joiemoie

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Gee this is big news for kids. I wonder if they'll ask their parents to get the 10th installment in a row.

What about mario bros wii u being almost identical to the wii version, except in hd and gamepad. Literally put the screens side by side from the dolphin hd emulator and the wii u one and it's literally the same look and feel.

Not saying marios bros u is bad. I'm using it to show how games that keep the same gameplay can still bring lots of hours of enjoyment.

#60 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

From what i read it will be realeased but its going to use the same graphics engine as the Xbox One and PS4 version.

They better freaking do so. I can live with a toned down version of what we saw, but I don't want MW3 graphics on a Wii U
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!