Wii U definatly, apple bring out waaaaayyyyy too many phones, it's depressing

#42 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Wii U definatly, apple bring out waaaaayyyyy too many phones, it's depressing

How's that? Apple has only come out with 6 iPhones since 2007. That is nothing compared to Samsung and other android phones.

#43 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

How's that? Apple has only come out with 6 iPhones since 2007. That is nothing compared to Samsung and other android phones.

Nothing gets advertised like an Apple though. He's probably tired of hearing about them.

#44 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thank's PotatoHog, you answered that one for me, I'm not an apple hater honestly, just me personally I'm tired of them.

#45 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

but then why say they come out with wayyyy to many phones when it's not true.

#46 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Don't they make another Iphone in like 2 months anyway?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#47 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

apple bring out 2 phones a year like they did with the 4 version

iphone 4

iphone 4s

and regarding windows mobile platform, weres all these so called apps and games thats on iphone and android devices hell theres not even emulaters lol

#48 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

iPhone 5. The Wii-U is rubbish..... Oops, sorry. Been on other gaming websites and I've caught the hate Nintendo virus.

I would get an iPhone 5 for now, later on in the year I would get the Wii-U.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 01 May 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#49 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

iphone 4

iphone 4s

Where do you get your info? An easy search and you see the iphone 4 came June 2010 and 4S came Oct 2011 , that almost a year and a half apart. There has never been a time when 2 iphones came out in one year.

#50 Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

If you want a device for gaming, seriously, GET A WII U.

If you want gaming on the go, you might wanna get iPhone 5 or 3DS. I would suggest 3DS because its a GAMING console.

iPhone 5 will probably be outdated after some months. I'm enjoying my S3 :D

So, as they said. You can't text your friends or call your friends with a Wii U, UNLESS the have a Wii U, so yeah.

sig.gif

#51 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Windows phones have always been aimed at enterprise users.

They're trying to switch tact now that consumers can afford them though.

iPhone is designed for people who can't, or don't want to have a large amount of control over their programs and phone.

Android is for people who want to fiddle with things and know exactly what everything is doing.

That's how I see it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#52 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

iphone 4

iphone 4s

and regarding windows mobile platform, weres all these so called apps and games thats on iphone and android devices hell theres not even emulaters lol

iPhone 4 and 4S were released in 2010 and 2011, respectively.  Not the same year

Windows Phone Apps are on the Windows Phone Marketplace, like any other phone app store.  There is a free emulator from Microsoft that works with Visual Studio 2012. 

If you want a device for gaming, seriously, GET A WII U.

If you want gaming on the go, you might wanna get iPhone 5 or 3DS. I would suggest 3DS because its a GAMING console.

iPhone 5 will probably be outdated after some months. I'm enjoying my S3 :D

So, as they said. You can't text your friends or call your friends with a Wii U, UNLESS the have a Wii U, so yeah.

S3 will also be outdated in a few months if you use the same logic.  Well, even more outdated, because at least apple products are continually updated with the latest software for a number of years, Android phones can tend to be a shot in the dark, and the GS and GS2 both received only one update before Samsung stopped supporting them.

Windows phones have always been aimed at enterprise users.

They're trying to switch tact now that consumers can afford them though.

iPhone is designed for people who can't, or don't want to have a large amount of control over their programs and phone.

Android is for people who want to fiddle with things and know exactly what everything is doing.

That's how I see it.

Windows Mobile was aimed primarily for enterprise users.  Windows Phone is not Windows Mobile.  WM was a WindowsCE based kernel.  Windows Phone uses minwin, the same kernel in Windows.

Windows Phone and iPhone share a lot in common, but Windows phone is enterprise ready, iPhone is not.  Both offer around the same level of configuration and personalization, but the interfaces are completely different.  Windows Phone uses the Tile Hub interface (called Modern, previously Metro) that utilizes hubs to gather and report information.  The People Hub integrates with Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media networks and brings in contacts from every email service as well as your social accounts, and merges the contacts accordingly.  There is no need to install a twitter, facebook, gmail, linkedin, app on the phone to access updates from those services, though the interaction is more limited than the dedicated apps.

The live tile for the people hub displays toast notifications as well as previews on the tile itself as to what the update contains.

This is the same for the Gaming Hub (brings in XBL), Calendar Hub (brings in calendars from all sources), photo hub (brings in photos from fb, twitter, skydrive, etc).  Apps themselves have live tiles as well, and can do the same things depending on how they are developed.

Android is for people who like a lot of information and control over what their phone is doing, but only if they root it, otherwise they are typically modeled directly after iPhone but have widgets, like Windows gadgets, that are a waste of resources and emulate what live tiles do in Windows Phone.

Edited by routerbad, 01 May 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#53 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Should I get a flip phone or a ripoff wii at Rite Aid?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#54 Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

iPhone 4 and 4S were released in 2010 and 2011, respectively.  Not the same year

Windows Phone Apps are on the Windows Phone Marketplace, like any other phone app store.  There is a free emulator from Microsoft that works with Visual Studio 2012. 

S3 will also be outdated in a few months if you use the same logic.  Well, even more outdated, because at least apple products are continually updated with the latest software for a number of years, Android phones can tend to be a shot in the dark, and the GS and GS2 both received only one update before Samsung stopped supporting them.

Windows Mobile was aimed primarily for enterprise users.  Windows Phone is not Windows Mobile.  WM was a WindowsCE based kernel.  Windows Phone uses minwin, the same kernel in Windows.

Windows Phone and iPhone share a lot in common, but Windows phone is enterprise ready, iPhone is not.  Both offer around the same level of configuration and personalization, but the interfaces are completely different.  Windows Phone uses the Tile Hub interface (called Modern, previously Metro) that utilizes hubs to gather and report information.  The People Hub integrates with Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media networks and brings in contacts from every email service as well as your social accounts, and merges the contacts accordingly.  There is no need to install a twitter, facebook, gmail, linkedin, app on the phone to access updates from those services, though the interaction is more limited than the dedicated apps.

The live tile for the people hub displays toast notifications as well as previews on the tile itself as to what the update contains.

This is the same for the Gaming Hub (brings in XBL), Calendar Hub (brings in calendars from all sources), photo hub (brings in photos from fb, twitter, skydrive, etc).  Apps themselves have live tiles as well, and can do the same things depending on how they are developed.

Android is for people who like a lot of information and control over what their phone is doing, but only if they root it, otherwise they are typically modeled directly after iPhone but have widgets, like Windows gadgets, that are a waste of resources and emulate what live tiles do in Windows Phone.

I don't freakin care. I wuv my GS3 until I buy GS4.

HARARAHAHAHAHAHA

sig.gif

#55 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

As much as i like both of them, i would say to get a wii u, it will be better in the long run.

#56 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

I don't freakin care. I wuv my GS3 until I buy GS4.

HARARAHAHAHAHAHA

Haha, I don't blame you, the GS3 is an excellent device, just like the iPhone and Lumia 920 are excellent devices.

#57 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Haha, I don't blame you, the GS3 is an excellent device, just like the iPhone and Lumia 920 are excellent devices.

I haven't had much experience with the GS3, i normally just use iphone's heh..

#58 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

I wouldn't say smartphones get outdated fast, they still do their job very well even as new ones come out. My wife still has and uses the origninal iPad and it works just fine. Just because something new comes doesn't mean the older versions stop working and are no good anymore.

#59 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I haven't had much experience with the GS3, i normally just use iphone's heh..

I've used them all, for personal use as well as testing for work (leadership wanted to get away from blackberry).  They are all good in various ways.  It all comes down to personal preference.  The GS3 has a lot of interesting features and a great camera, and the NFC is cool, but basically offers the same functionality that pretty much any QR code app on iphone does, except for the music and file sharing.

The Lumia has the absolute best camera and Windows Phone 8, which is stunning and intuitive, and is enterprise ready.

The iPhone has a great camera as well (in between GS3 and Lumia) and has the benefit of being supported for a very long time, despite annual hardware refresh, and the marketplace is the most mature and has the highest quality apps.  The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, and is what Android is based on interface wise.  Though I noticed Apple added the Android notification center.

#60 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

I've used them all, for personal use as well as testing for work (leadership wanted to get away from blackberry).  They are all good in various ways.  It all comes down to personal preference.  The GS3 has a lot of interesting features and a great camera, and the NFC is cool, but basically offers the same functionality that pretty much any QR code app on iphone does, except for the music and file sharing.

The Lumia has the absolute best camera and Windows Phone 8, which is stunning and intuitive, and is enterprise ready.

The iPhone has a great camera as well (in between GS3 and Lumia) and has the benefit of being supported for a very long time, despite annual hardware refresh, and the marketplace is the most mature and has the highest quality apps.  The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, and is what Android is based on interface wise.  Though I noticed Apple added the Android notification center.

Yeah i haven't seen the GS3 camera, But all my youtube video's i upload are from my iphone, But something i don't get is, the Iphone records in 1080p but my videos only upload to 720p. Doesn't make much sense..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!