Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Why do people keep saying that the Wii U is a failure? Give Nintendo a chance to release new games! For all we know the next CoD and the Elder Scrolls Online have a chance to come on Wii U! They will be mega popular! I got my Wii U for my Bday and I have had so much fun with it! People who don't own Wii U's don't put it down because you haven't tried it!

#2 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

People who says a 5 month old console is a failure, are haters, Just ignore them.

While i don't think Nintendo can recapture the hardcore or casual audience with the Wii U, i do think the Wii U could sell better than the Gamecube.

Edited by Jade Sceptile, 28 April 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#3 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

people said the same thing about the 3ds, just give it time

wa3Nq7j.png

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Everyone always says stuff like that, Mostly Sony fans, (They are the WORST!) I mean Smash Bros isn't even teased or released yet. Same with X.

Can I just say your image is the stuff of nightmares.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

People who says a 5 month old console is a failure, are haters, Just ignore them.

While i don't think Nintendo can recapture the hardcore or casual audience with the Wii U, i do think the Wii U could sell better than the Gamecube.

WTF? Your saying Nintendo living of their fanbase for sales= gcn beater?

genius-meme.png

people said the same thing about the 3ds, just give it time

The Wii U will not be a runaway success like 3DS, like i said before Nintendo will be living off their fanbase this gen, casuals dont even know what Wii U is and core gamers will buy a ps4 or nextbox instead 

#6 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

It's just people who are impatient who are saying this. They expect everything to be handed to them instantly. Just ignore them. This happens every single time a new console launches.

#7 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

WTF? Your saying Nintendo living of their fanbase for sales= gcn beater?genius-meme.png

The Wii U will not be a runaway success like 3DS, like i said before Nintendo will be living off their fanbase this gen, casuals dont even know what Wii U is and core gamers will buy a ps4 or nextbox instead 

Not if second hand games do not work on them they won't, or if the Internet is mandatory.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 28 April 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#8 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Not if second hand games do not work on them they won't, or if the Internet is mandatory.

What are you talking about? what does this have to do with nintendo wining core and causal gamers? 

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

It is probably because Wii games are better than Wii U games.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

WTF? Your saying Nintendo living of their fanbase for sales= gcn beater?

The original poster was referring to people like you. Living off a fanbase is not enough, which means bad sales. There, you're still implying that the Wii U won't sell well. It's a 6 months old system, give it time bro. I'm not accusing you of anything btw, just making my point :D.

Posted Image

#11 Ritch

Ritch

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • NNID:Ritch1992
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Smash Bros.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Lack of patience and games that are available on other consoles, really. People will probably not change their opinions until after E3 this year.

Nintendo better play hard.

rm8go2.jpg

#12 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

You know what? If you enjoy the Wii U I'm happy for you, it's a great console. It really does need some more games, but once we get it it will be a hell of a lot of fun. I'm enjoying my Wii U as well so whatever. Just let people be butt hurt about an inanimate object, it gets funny after a while anyway. Anyone who has a brain knows that Sony and Microsoft aren't perfect. No gaming company is, even Nintendo. Best thing to do is just enjoy your console and have fun.

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

Everyone always says stuff like that, Mostly Sony fans, (They are the WORST!) I mean Smash Bros isn't even teased or released yet. Same with X.

Can I just say your image is the stuff of nightmares.

That's just rubbish and filled with bias. Nintendo fans are no better then Sony or Microsoft fans. There are fanboys for all three.

#14 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

The same reason people said the N64, Gamecube, Wii and DS were gonna fail.
Because they like to complain.

FmEkJ2.gif

#15 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

You know what? If you enjoy the Wii U I'm happy for you, it's a great console. It really does need some more games, but once we get it it will be a hell of a lot of fun. I'm enjoying my Wii U as well so whatever. Just let people be butt hurt about an inanimate object, it gets funny after a while anyway. Anyone who has a brain knows that Sony and Microsoft aren't perfect. No gaming company is, even Nintendo. Best thing to do is just enjoy your console and have fun.

Your right! Nothings perfect but if you're having fun on your Wii U, stuff the people who make fun of it!

#16 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

wii u = boss

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Not calling it until the Wii U has been out for at least 1.5 years even so I'll still love it :D

#18 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

The same reason people said the N64, Gamecube, Wii and DS were gonna fail.
Because they like to complain.

The N64 was outsold by Playstation and the GCN was outsold by both PS2 and Xbox. I know they weren't "failures" by any means but Nintendo fans usually like to talk about how revolutionary and kickass their systems were, and yet the lack of dominance in the sales market still completely baffles them. I, of course, don't believe that more sales = more quality, but if you're talking about popularity, then obviously sales make a huge difference.

WiiU at it's launch period sold less than triple of that of what Wii sold during its launch period. I just get the feeling more fans either caught on with Nintendo's business model bullcrap or the fact that the system is advertised as more "hardcore", leading parents to believe that the WiiU is just "another system" compared to that of the original Wii, which was regarded mostly as a "family system",

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!