Photo

What if the new Zelda U is some kind of MMO?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

First of all, I would not be a fan for a Zelda mmo, but after watching this image:
zeldaujozj-624x255.jpg

This means they don't want to make it linear like Skyward Sword and playable alone.
Those could be signs for a Zelda mmo of course, since those aren't that linear and you could play it with more players. It could be just a new game with co-op/multiplayer of course.

However, I also found this old article:

Quote Zelda Universe rated for 'Online' platform - ESRB
Zelda Universe rated for 'Online' platform - ESRB

Zelda Universe rated for 'Online' platform - ESRB

Nintendo is already guaranteed to have a big presence at this year's E3, given that the publisher is expected to have on hand the Wii 2. However, Nintendo's new console may not be the only bit of news setting the industry atwitter, as it could use the event to debut an online installment in its Zelda franchise.

Mysteriously, Zelda Universe's platform is listed simply as "Online," with no mention made for any of Nintendo's currently available platforms. Of note, Nintendo's official website for the Legend of Zelda series is known as Zelda Universe. However, the ESRB does not have a history of rating non-interactive content on game-related websites.The Entertainment Software Rating Board has posted an E-for-Everyone rating for a game titled "Zelda Universe." The game's only content descriptor is for "violence."

Games built for Web browsers, such as Atari's Sorry! or EA's Dice City Roller, are the only other titles listed exclusively for the Online platform in the ESRB's database. However, the "Online" descriptor is often appended to games with an online component that arrive for consoles or the PC.

Nintendo had not responded to GameSpot's request for comment on Zelda Universe, including whether the title is in development for the Wii 2, as of press time. With the publisher's Ocarina of Time update for the 3DS arriving last month, Nintendo's only announced new title in the franchise is Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for the Wii. According to Nintendo's game design chief Shigeru Miyamoto, Skyward Sword is in the final stage of completion.

[UPDATE] As it would turn out, the hysteria over Zelda Universe may be for naught. The ESRB's listing for Zelda Universe dates as far back as 2008,though Nintendo has yet to release a game under that title.

src: gamespot

What do you guys think? :P

Edited by namkotje, 29 April 2013 - 04:32 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

Zelda was already pretty much done in MMO form. It was called The Last Story.

Well not exactly, the online wasn't massive and there wasn't that much puzzle solving, but you get the picture.

#3 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

I doubt it. I wouldn't really want it to be like that anyway, I hate MMOs with a passion.
I thought the multiplayer aspect would've been either just one of those "hold a wii remote and help" crappy features they've put in quite a few games (Akin to Super Mario Galaxy)
Or maybe something along the lines of an actual 2 player co-op campaign, 1 person link, 2 person random goron/zora/deku/thing and each person gets different uses from tools?
Eh, either way, I trust Nintendo to make it brilliant.

FmEkJ2.gif

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

I like having multiplayer, but not a MMO, thats too big, if they kept it at 4 players online then i would love it. first things first, find some friends who have a wii u and like zelda.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

I really hope not.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

http://www.zelda.com/universe <-- Zeldo Univarze

I hope it is an MMO.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hmmmm, Maybe its a challenge room? Not like exploring with your friends around Hyrule but competing against eachother.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I wouldn't be against a Zelda game with the mlutiplayer aspect of a MMO, but it shouldn't take away from the experience. Zelda is a single-player game. The multiplayer would have to be done PERFECTLY.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!