Photo

For those getting a ps4/720 aswel. Watch dogs..

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

I keep changing my mind on the Wii U, I have had it since day 1. First 3 months I loved it. Black ops with no DLC made that love for the U turn sour..then I got assassins creed, it reignited my love for a week or two but then I still kept going back to my ps3 & playing FIFA. I almost sold the wiiU but changed my mind, I'm hoping E3 delivers some great exclusives, bayonetta 2 teaser trailers look good, wonderful 101 looks fun and I'm now quite excited about getting that game. ..my worry for watch dogs, I think it will be equal graphically etc with the ps4 but Sony get exclusive extras, missions, DLC etc. as much as the box may say 'supports DLC' - I think we all know those Fother Muckers are not getting DLC on the Wii U..and for £50 a game that's such a turn off. I do think watch dogs for Wii U will actually be the Best version of the game, it seems suited for that Gamepad, hopefully it's utilised in the right way.

Thoughts? Are getting it on wiiU? If your getting a 720/ps4 aswel..will you just get it on that?

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Actually Ubi says the Ps4 is the definitive version, and that the PS versions will have bonus 60 minutes of gameplay or some stupid crap like the AC 3 and 4 versions of the game. I have no clue why they are making it for all 6 platforms, its crazy but very generous. But I'll get the Wii U version for the gamepad features, They said it can run on the Wii U but having trouble using the gamepad features, but didn't comment about graphically how it can run. I might be the only one buying this one for Wii U (If it gets localized)

wd_dedsec_edition_mockup_with_ar_uk.jpg?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Actually Ubi says the Ps4 is the definitive version, and that the PS versions will have bonus 60 minutes of gameplay or some stupid crap like the AC 3 and 4 versions of the game. I have no clue why they are making it for all 6 platforms, its crazy but very generous. But I'll get the Wii U version for the gamepad features, They said it can run on the Wii U but having trouble using the gamepad features, but didn't comment about graphically how it can run. I might be the only one buying this one for Wii U (If it gets localized)

wd_dedsec_edition_mockup_with_ar_uk.jpg?

Oh, and there's the sour grapes again :( ..wonderful 101 might be my last wii U purchase if the ps4 Is released in the UK before Xmas. I'll trade it all in and load up on ps4 games.

Edited by RolledUp20s, 30 April 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

I guess we will get the PS720 but the Wiiu game pad will offer features the others simply won't have, if it's simply down to graphics then i would get the pc version, but it's not.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Oh, and there's the sour grapes again :( ..wonderful 101 might be my last wii U purchase if the ps4 Is released in the UK before Xmas. I'll trade it all in and load up on ps4 games.

Dude you can't skip Smash Bros 4! Or Monolith Soft's 'X' title, or Bayonetta 2.......Or Shin Megami Tense X Fire Emblem........Or Retro Studio's new game.....Or Mario Kart U......Or the new Zelda.....OR THE NE- You get what I mean.

#6 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Dude you can't skip Smash Bros 4! Or Monolith Soft's 'X' title, or Bayonetta 2.......Or Shin Megami Tense X Fire Emblem........Or Retro Studio's new game.....Or Mario Kart U......Or the new Zelda.....OR THE NE- You get what I mean.

That 'X' looks spoiled to me by the numbers flying off everywhere when you hit them, unless they can be switched off and blood turned on? :)

Never played a Zelda game, might get it tho..does look good.
Bayonetta gameplay vids needed, the ps3 bayonetta again was abit messy I thought.
Mario kart..yes, I think I might..the wife plays..well, played sonic racing until that kinda fizzled out quick.
I know if I sell wiiU, good exclusives will come and I'll prob regret it..ok, maybe I'll hang on. Argh...I'm easily swayed by things I read on the Internet.

Edited by RolledUp20s, 30 April 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

That 'X' looks spoiled to me by the numbers flying off everywhere when you hit them, unless they can be switched off and blood turned on? :)

Never played a Zelda game, might get it tho..does look good.
Bayonetta gameplay vids needed, the ps3 bayonetta again was abit messy I thought.
Mario kart..yes, I think I might..the wife plays..well, played sonic racing until that kinda fizzled out quick.
I know if I sell wiiU, good exclusives will come and I'll prob regret it..ok, maybe I'll hang on. Argh...I'm easily swayed by things I read on the Internet.

I think there was blood in the last game, can't remember.

YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED A ZELDA GAME!? Start with the HD rerelease of Wind Waker coming this holiday.

I think it will run same as the 360 since the team who worked on Gamecube Capcom games that were better on gamecube are developing Bayonetta.

Yeah Sega All Stars Racing as only good for like 2 weeks, good price though but doesn't really hold its lasting appeal.

Smash Bros 4 is an instant buy since its been in development for 15 years with the help of Namco. Possibly better than all 3 Smash Bros combine. But if you're worried about the next gen games, then start building a gaming PC since its coming to PC regardless of how old it is, better prices on Games, lots of mods. I'm not able to because I have alot in my mind at the moment.

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

I keep changing my mind on the Wii U, I have had it since day 1. First 3 months I loved it. Black ops with no DLC made that love for the U turn sour..then I got assassins creed, it reignited my love for a week or two but then I still kept going back to my ps3 & playing FIFA. I almost sold the wiiU but changed my mind, I'm hoping E3 delivers some great exclusives, bayonetta 2 teaser trailers look good, wonderful 101 looks fun and I'm now quite excited about getting that game. ..my worry for watch dogs, I think it will be equal graphically etc with the ps4 but Sony get exclusive extras, missions, DLC etc. as much as the box may say 'supports DLC' - I think we all know those Fother Muckers are not getting DLC on the Wii U..and for £50 a game that's such a turn off. I do think watch dogs for Wii U will actually be the Best version of the game, it seems suited for that Gamepad, hopefully it's utilised in the right way.

Thoughts? Are getting it on wiiU? If your getting a 720/ps4 aswel..will you just get it on that?

Why did you buy a Wii U if you only planned on getting 3rd party games? You never named 1 first or second party game there, and there are 7 of them coming out. :o 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

Actually Ubi says the Ps4 is the definitive version, and that the PS versions will have bonus 60 minutes of gameplay or some stupid crap like the AC 3 and 4 versions of the game.

Did they?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Actually Ubi says the Ps4 is the definitive version, and that the PS versions will have bonus 60 minutes of gameplay

And once again Nintendo has been screwed over by Ubisoft i have lost all interest for this game

#11 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Sony will have simply paid for extra game play to promote the PS4, lets just wait and see how good the Wiiu version will be.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#12 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Why did you buy a Wii U if you only planned on getting 3rd party games? You never named 1 first or second party game there, and there are 7 of them coming out. :o

I bought it for zombieU and the new Gamepad way of playing appealed to me. To be honest, I was never a big Nintendo fan, I'm 28..had all sega, Sony, jaguar..lol..that was another machine with no support that died.
So it's ye..I see your point but I just find mario abit kiddy..although I did buy the new 1..but sold it not long after for my initial thoughts :)

The wiiU has the potential to be amazing, but it needs 3rd party full support for that. ..to attract more hardcore gamers.

#13 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Sony will have simply paid for extra game play to promote the PS4, lets just wait and see how good the Wiiu version will be.

I hope it matches up to the ps4 version and blows the ps3 version out of the water, it feels like we will never get a 3rd party game that shows how powerful the Wii U really is

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

I hope it matches up to the ps4 version and blows the ps3 version out of the water, it feels like we will never get a 3rd party game that shows how powerful the Wii U really is

Its not likely that it will match the PS4 version. The Wii U's hardware is in no way comparable to the PS4's.

#15 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

I'm getting a Next box as well, but I'm going to get Watch Dogs on the Wii U. In my opinion, the gamepad features will probably make the Wii U version unique compared the others. Slightly better graphics and 60 minutes of gameplay (as if that's a lot) on the other platforms isn't going to persuade me to buy it elsewhere.

Edited by Gaymer, 01 May 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#16 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Its not likely that it will match the PS4 version. The Wii U's hardware is in no way comparable to the PS4's.

Well i just hope it blows the ps3 version out the water so people can at least stop thinking the Wii U is as powerful as 7 year old consoles.

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

Well i just hope it blows the ps3 version out the water so people can at least stop thinking the Wii U is as powerful as 7 year old consoles.

That's also unlikely to happen as well. It will likely be better then the PS3 version but not significantly so. What may well make it stand out from the PS4 and PS3 versions as well as the others is the Gamepad features assuming Ubisoft use the Gamepad wisely for the in game controls and features.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 01 May 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#18 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

That's also unlikely to happen as well. It will likely be better then the PS3 version but not significantly so. What may well make it stand out from the PS4 and PS3 versions as well as the others is the Gamepad features assuming Ubisoft use the Gamepad wisely for the in game controls and features.

Climax is our only hope now.

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Ok so, the PS4 will have 60 additional minutes of gameplay, as a timed exclusive.  It won't be integral to the storyline, it will just be baked in DLC missions more or less.

They haven't said anything of the sort about having issues with the gamepad.  The only thing they've said about how the game looks and plays on the Wii U is that all versions on next gen platforms will look identical, and that at the time they were still working on solidifying what they wanted to do with the gamepad.

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

i have the WiiU version on pre-order at the moment, i don't know yet if i will get a PS4 at launch, with the issues the WiiU has had i think i will wait a six months at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!