Photo

For those getting a ps4/720 aswel. Watch dogs..

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

I keep changing my mind on the Wii U, I have had it since day 1. First 3 months I loved it. Black ops with no DLC made that love for the U turn sour..then I got assassins creed, it reignited my love for a week or two but then I still kept going back to my ps3 & playing FIFA. I almost sold the wiiU but changed my mind, I'm hoping E3 delivers some great exclusives, bayonetta 2 teaser trailers look good, wonderful 101 looks fun and I'm now quite excited about getting that game. ..my worry for watch dogs, I think it will be equal graphically etc with the ps4 but Sony get exclusive extras, missions, DLC etc. as much as the box may say 'supports DLC' - I think we all know those Fother Muckers are not getting DLC on the Wii U..and for £50 a game that's such a turn off. I do think watch dogs for Wii U will actually be the Best version of the game, it seems suited for that Gamepad, hopefully it's utilised in the right way.

Thoughts? Are getting it on wiiU? If your getting a 720/ps4 aswel..will you just get it on that?

Preordered today. I'll post more opinion when I am off work
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, having to choose just one console is rough.

But its temporary as time. Soon enough, maybe even by next gen you may find yourself in.a position to enjoy all consoles.

Or heck, pick up a console later on after price cuts on the cheap and enjoy an epic backlog.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm getting Xbox fusion on launch. That is backwards capable so I can play all my xbox 360 games.

Because your not a mario fan, i would Sell Wii U now. Get the rest of the money saved for xbox fusion on launch with COD Ghosts in November. ;)

Get Wii U next year when it's cheap and has a good library of games.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 01 May 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'm getting Xbox fusion on launch. That is backwards capable so I can play all my xbox 360 games.

Because your not a mario fan, i would Sell Wii U now. Get the rest of the money saved for xbox fusion on launch with COD Ghosts in November. ;)

So I guess some people are just giving the system their own name and making stuff up now?

It won't be backward compatible, sorry to burst your bubble.  Unless they want to cross code every single game in the 360 library, or put an XBOX360 on the motherboard with the new system it isn't going to be feasible.

#25 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

So I guess some people are just giving the system their own name and making stuff up now?

It won't be backward compatible, sorry to burst your bubble. Unless they want to cross code every single game in the 360 library, or put an XBOX360 on the motherboard with the new system it isn't going to be feasible.

i've read rumours that the Next gen xbox will be called fusion or infinite.

Well I hope it will be BC, again some rumours say that it will be so there is hope. If its not i will be dissapointed. We will see on may 21st ;)

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 01 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#26 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Oh, and there's the sour grapes again :( ..wonderful 101 might be my last wii U purchase if the ps4 Is released in the UK before Xmas. I'll trade it all in and load up on ps4 games.

LOL how funny. Then no Super Smash for U.

I don't mean to be harsh, but you seem to be overestimating the PS4 the same way people are constantly underestimating the Wii U.

Posted Image

#27 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Well I hope it will be BC, again some rumours say that it will be so there is hope. If its not i will be dissapointed. We will see on may 21st ;)

Again, unless they put an entire 360 inside the case, the x86 CPU is completely incompatible with 360 games. There haven't been any reputable rumors about bc that I've seen or heard.

#28 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'm getting this on my Wii U, I'm supporting 3rd party devs on Wii U, they didn't have to put this game on Wii U but they did, I will also get GTA V on Wii U if it comes just to show even more support, people moan nintendo consoles never get 3rd party support then when it does people don't bother, most Nintendo fans are the problem with this, SUPPORT 3RD PARTYS!!!

#29 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

LOL how funny. Then no Super Smash for U.

I don't mean to be harsh, but you seem to be overestimating the PS4 the same way people are constantly underestimating the Wii U.

People underestimate the wiiU because the friggin Devz, the people who actually make the game, don't support it. It's quite easy to see..the millions of 360/ps3 players who haven't bought a wiiU are not going to buy a wiiU next year if the 720/ps4 are out. Nintendo failed to get a head start with next-gen gaming. They will be playing catch up..

#30 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

So PS4 version is the showcase jobbie? would of thought the pc version would be the looker of the pack?

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#31 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

People underestimate the wiiU because the friggin Devz, the people who actually make the game, don't support it. It's quite easy to see..the millions of 360/ps3 players who haven't bought a wiiU are not going to buy a wiiU next year if the 720/ps4 are out. Nintendo failed to get a head start with next-gen gaming. They will be playing catch up..

Nintendo is doomed

/joke

#32 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

Remember also that this game won't really push the PS4 to it's limit (i'm assuming). As for third party developers showing off the Wii U's graphical prowess, well, don't expect that anytime soon. Games are still being developed for this generation (or last generation, whatever the heck you want to call it, ps360) so all the versions will look similar I'm assuming.

On topic, I'm still debating between sony and microsoft. It's unfortunate that the Wii U can't really be my only system. I'm leaning towards Sony, but we'll have to see. I don't look forward to upgrading my PC 2 or 3 times during the next seven years just to play the newest games at decent resolutions.

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

So, it's possible ubisoft will forget about Wii U and stop or just never release DLC. Which, if true, will be sad because it's obviously going to be the best version of the game. The entire concept is perfect for the second screen.

My vote? Get it for Wii U. I plan on buying a second console, and I'll rent Watch Dogs on that second console to compare. But that's it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#34 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

Backward compatibility on the Xbox successor is not likely and in my opinion will not happen. The tech is totally different. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Microsoft is most likely going to release a low cost Xbox 360 as its still selling well and there will still be a market for it.

So PS4 version is the showcase jobbie? would of thought the pc version would be the looker of the pack?

I doubt it. The PC version will be the best version. The one they showed at last years E3 was the PC version.

#35 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

I doubt it. The PC version will be the best version. The one they showed at last years E3 was the PC version.

Really? might have to see it running on both pc and Wiiu in a shop then see if the pads used well.

Posted Image

#36 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

I'm getting this on my Wii U, I'm supporting 3rd party devs on Wii U, they didn't have to put this game on Wii U but they did, I will also get GTA V on Wii U if it comes just to show even more support, people moan nintendo consoles never get 3rd party support then when it does people don't bother, most Nintendo fans are the problem with this, SUPPORT 3RD PARTYS!!!

Its not as simple as that. Third parties not only need to release their games day and date with the other platform versions but the Wii U versions need to be as good as them if not better. Considering the hardware in the Wii U is not going to be able to compete against the PS4 and likely the Xbox successor that's going to be a tall order. What the Wii U does have going for it is the Gamepad and if developers can add compelling features to the Wii U versions of their games using the Gamepad then there may be a chance for the Wii U. Watch Dogs is a perfect example of a game that could have its gameplay enhanced through the Gamepad. This is why I have preordered the Wii U version. If Ubisoft doesn't do a good job with that and/or the PS4 version is better I will get that version instead.

#37 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hmmm for watch dogs, i can't really decide what console i want it for, and if i even want to get it at all..

#38 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

It's likely the ps4, xbox 720 and PC versions will be jointly developed and look pretty similar. A lot of PC power is lost through the software layer of direct x etc. It's likely the ps4 will be the best version of the 3 if its got extra content.

with regards the wii u, ps3 and 360 its likely the wii u will be the best version if the gamepad is used well and might even be a more playable game than the next gen versions. The ps3 has the extra content as well though so if the gamepad doesn't add much and the ps3 version is properly optimised then that could be the version. There is a lot going on, on screen though. It's possible the the wii u version will be the weakest regarding a living breathing environment. There may be less actually happening on screen. No way the wii u matches the ps3 or 360 for cpu power so some compromises may have to be made. The gpu being more powerful though could offer enhanced anti-aliasing and other features.

The wii u version is being developed by Ubisoft Romania/Bucharest and I think they developed the assasin's creed game for wii u so it will probably perform in a similar way compared to the ps3/360 versions. Maybe they have learned a little more about the wii u now to improve performance. Generally Assasin's creed was visually a bit weaker on wii u and had a worse frame rate, not by much though.

http://www.eurogamer...-wii-u-face-off

I would expect watchdogs to perform similarly but with perhaps enhanced gameplay on wii u because of the gamepad.

#39 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Nah the Wiiu version could and should be well above the PS360 versions due to ram,speed,gpu all being optimized.
I'm not as up on this stuff like some of our other members but this must stand to sense?
Posted Image

#40 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

That's why I never go as far as to say they failed. Man, we're not professionals and I think Nintendo knows better than anyone what they're doing. I'll wait for 2015 before I could say anything about the Wii U being a failure or not. Heck, it's only 6 months old and you already casted doom and gloom on it... What's that "no 3rd party support" you're talking about? EA had problems with Nintendo, but the CEO has been fired, so lets see. Other companies just are not sure and want to see how the Wii U does before investing in it. Ubisoft loves the Wii U, Capcom is supporting it as well. It's 6 months old, so I think it's doing pretty good.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!