• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm thinking about becoming a Nintendo loner for convenience reasons. Meaning that I stick exclusively to a Nintendo console and the Wii U. Then I won't ever have to switch between consoles on my TV whenever I want to play a different system and it will probably save me loads of money. That money can then be spend on building a near complete Wii U retail game and eShop game library. What do you think?

And I should probably say, anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not a blind fanboy.

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Flirting with this idea myself. Probably won't do it though.

#3 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I am very seriously considering this idea for b/c of time & money.  As it is, I currently have Wii U, 3DS, and PS3 (used to have Xbox 360 also).  Funding multiple consoles takes more money.  I'm not planning on getting rid of my 3DS but I am thinking about selling the PS3 and only having Wii U/3DS for this generation.  My favorite franchises are from Nintendo and, to be honest, I don't really have time to keep up with all the systems anyway.  

Edited by kokirii, 03 May 2013 - 06:35 PM.

• Doc likes this

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

If you are really sure that you want to do that instead of looking at Sony or Microsoft's console. I mean fanboys can easily misjudge you and question you by saying 'Why are you getting this game on a kiddy Nintendo console?' Like the idiots at Gamestop are questioning me why I pre ordered Watch Dogs for Wii U.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm honestly thinking about this as well. With time and money being very tight its getting hard to support all my consoles. Im thinking i might just stick with Nintendo and my pc for next gen, we will see.

f you are really sure that you want to do that instead of looking at Sony or Microsoft's console. I mean fanboys can easily misjudge you and question you by saying 'Why are you getting this game on a kiddy Nintendo console?' Like the idiots at Gamestop are questioning me why I pre ordered Watch Dogs for Wii U.

they really asked you why?! XD you should of smacked them and filed a complaint! 

or burn their store down. 

Edited by meitantei_conan, 03 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#6 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Like the idiots at Gamestop are questioning me why I pre ordered Watch Dogs for Wii U.

We went over this before. They do that again, take your business to Amazon.

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

ive been a nintendo only console owner for 20 years with no regrets... even the Wii U. YES nintendo has had a terrible launch with the Wii U and they wasted a year lead they had on the competition. but i know amazing titles are coming and i do think the gamepad is AMAZING. this is a great console that will only get better.... but im not letting them off the hook. they have work to do and a lot of making up for those first day buyers.

• Doc likes this

#8 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

The rumors/ confirmed facts regarding the Next Xbox and PS4, don't sound too appealing. No BC, always on, expensive price tags, etc. 

Edited by RogueStatus28, 03 May 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#9 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm not. There are just too many other good games on other platforms. I can't handle not being able to play a good game just because I don't own the console.

#10 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

I am doing this with Wii U, 3ds, and PC. It isn't fanboyism, but rather, time constraints. I would love you have everything, but I cannot justify the expense unless it will occupy hours of my time. Honestly, I cannot justify the expense of PC upgrades if the game is on Wii U. 

Honestly, a game like Ninja Rabbit is giving me more enjoyment than online shooters ever have. I guess I am not hardcore enough for a second console anyway, LOL. 

#11 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Wii U for exclusives and PC for multi-plats. 

#12 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Wii U for exclusives and PC for multi-plats. 

Wii U for singleplayer experiences, NextBox for multiplayer experiences.

#13 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

I've been nintendo only, and well I guess I did try to buy into a ps2 year back or so. It just gathers dust. Nintendo all the way!

Stupid Snowmads!

#14 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

We went over this before. They do that again, take your business to Amazon.

Amazon is even worse, you ever run to the hundreds of trolls in the review section? Exactly.

Edited by Julio93, 03 May 2013 - 08:20 PM.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

This is exactly what I did and I'm glad I did, the games are fun and the Nintendo community is amazingly friendly, I shall never look back, ever.

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

its stupid considering more than 1 console... Just think about all these people who say:  OH I WILL GET 720 AND WII u.. OR... PS4 AND wii U.. or all of them... hahaha

now just calculate that money  300 for wii U + 200-400 for accessories and games  and a ps4 for 400-500+400-600 in games... overall an extreme pc with loads of games and for more years than the actual console can live!.

u normally get 1 platform that has the best exclusives and a pc... I never like the idea of 2 consoles, or 3...  Today consoles cost alot of money! In the other hand people say.. PC IS EXPENSIIIIVE.. yeah right, let me ask you a question... how much money you gave the last 5 years in consoles... PC can last much longer and u play much better quality games.

Edited by Plutonas, 03 May 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#17 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I am very seriously considering this idea for b/c of time & money. As it is, I currently have Wii U, 3DS, and PS3 (used to have Xbox 360 also). Funding multiple consoles takes more money. I'm not planning on getting rid of my 3DS but I am thinking about selling the PS3 and only having Wii U/3DS for this generation. My favorite franchises are from Nintendo and, to be honest, I don't really have time to keep up with all the systems anyway.

Replace the words 'ps3' with 'Xbox' and this ^^ is exactly the same situation for me.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

its stupid considering more than 1 console... Just think about all these people who say:  OH I WILL GET 720 AND WII u.. OR... PS4 AND wii U.. or all of them... hahaha

now just calculate that money  300 for wii U + 200-400 for accessories and games  and a ps4 for 400-500+400-600 in games... overall an extreme pc with loads of games and for more years than the actual console can live!.

u normally get 1 platform that has the best exclusives and a pc... I never like the idea of 2 consoles, or 3...  Today consoles cost alot of money! In the other hand people say.. PC IS EXPENSIIIIVE.. yeah right, let me ask you a question... how much money you gave the last 5 years in consoles... PC can last much longer and u play much better quality games.

yeah i dont get it either. its just a way of trying to make other gamers feel bad. if you really care about specs you go PC. its funny all the 3rd party talk because we all buy console for 1st exclusives.

#19 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

What about console exclusives? You seem to have left that part out. That's the appeal to buying multiple consoles. Not everyone has the money, but that's why you get the consoles down the road when they're cheaper. You didn't think well enough when you made this post.

#20 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

What about console exclusives? You seem to have left that part out. That's the appeal to buying multiple consoles. Not everyone has the money, but that's why you get the consoles down the road when they're cheaper. You didn't think well enough when you made this post.

Generally, the PS4 exclusives won't appeal to me. 

Naughty Dog is either working on Uncharted 4, MediaMolecule's new IP, KillZone ShadowFall, Infamous Second Son, DriveClub, and Knack.

That's their first party. I'm more into 3D Mario, Smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid, Xenoblade, Mario Kart, and Pikmin. Which are all the first titles the U will be getting. 

Edited by RogueStatus28, 03 May 2013 - 10:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!