Photo

Looks like Injustice won't be getting any DLC (on Wii U at least)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Nintendolife, GoNintendo

image.png
If you own Injustice: Gods Among Us on the Xbox 360 or PS3, then you can enjoy some nice additional downloadable content right now.

However, if you bought the same game for the Wii U — for the same price, naturally — then you're out of luck as far as DLC is concerned. At the time of release, publisher Warner Bros. was reluctant to state when DLC would be arriving for the Nintendo edition of the game, and that stance hasn't altered since then — despite the first additional content hitting rival formats this week
Nintendo stated that DLC for the game would happen in a Nintendo Direct broadcast from a while back, and the packaging for the title says that bonus content can be downloaded at a later date. Wii U owners are already missing out on things that are present in other editions of the game, such as the ability to arrange matches with friends, connectivity with the iOS game and a Season Pass.

There are probably perfectly good reasons for the delay, but the lack of solid info from Warner Bros. must be pretty disappointing for those who supported this title by making a purchase. If publishers continue to treat Wii U owners differently to those who own other consoles, can they really expect those same customers to support their games at retail in the future?

294x294px-LL-a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-

#2 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

There goes my hope in everything.

again

794144.png?13383682

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

I considered getting this. But I've heard the Wii U version is a gimped version. This seems to be confirming part of it.

Posted Image

#4 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Fun game, but if this is the case, it'll be the last time I get a game from these guys.

#5 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

I went in knowing that I'm going to have to wait for the DLC, which is fine, but as time goes on, and no info is coming forth, like why the delay or at least that they're making an effort to bring it, makes me wonder if they're going to just ditch support all together.

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Is this DLC supposed to be free then? It's a fun game. Anyway, I give up on most third party companies now, they're useless.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

"No DLC has been announced for Wii U"

Oh really, Warner Bros? What ever happened to the Nintendo Direct where it was clearly stated that the Wii U version is getting DLC?

Either Nintendo made a mistake, or WB is another company that thinks it's a good idea to cheat Wii U owners.

Third party companies have no right to whine and complain that their games are selling poor on the Wii U. Especially if the Wii U versions lack modes, have framerate problems, or lack the DLC other versions have. EA, Activision, Warner Bros., step your game up and stop acting biased. The reason why Wii U is "failing" is because you won't bring on par versions of your games to the Wii U.

Edited by Firejonie, 07 May 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wow. Seems like everyone wants to dethrone Nintendo.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Oh God, I'm seriously getting sick of this now, they moan that the games won't sell on the Wii U, OH I F$#KING WONDER WHY! IT'S SUCH A F$#KING MYSTERY. Get over yourselves WB, Activision, EA and the like..........

#10 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

You guys, it'll be ok. We're getting some DLC this summer.

http://mynintendonew..._medium=twitter

#11 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

It turns out the Wii U version is getting DLC...during the summer ohwell.gif

tweetwb.jpg

https://twitter.com/...210873873600512

Edit: ^im 4 mins late XD

Edited by Jade Sceptile, 08 May 2013 - 01:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!