• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Although I feel bad for the developer, maybe EA needs to change some tactics. What do you think?

http://www.ign.com/a...ost-ea-earnings
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I think there is already a topic here I'm not sure, but I dunno what to say to them, I mean its an FPS, there's so many of them reviewers and consumers are tired of FPS's now. Especially one that focuses on graphics than anything. No wonder I never EVER hear anything about the story, just graphics and grass physics.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Here's what you should ask yourself, what is Crysis bringing to the table? It's another shooter, pretty much the most saturated genre on consoles right now. Is it some sort of innovative shooter that's bringing something new to the genre? No. Crysis is known for its pretty graphics and that's it. And people are really wondering why this game failed to meet their expectations? The shooter genre is simply over saturated right now and I honestly think a lot of gamers are getting fatigued by it. 

You shouldn't feel bad for the developer. They're releasing a game in a highly competitive market and their game isn't bringing anything to the table. It deserves to bomb. I hate CoD for a variety of reasons, but at the beginning of this gen they brought something new to their genre and it's stuck. I may not like CoD but I see that. Just because a genre is popular, doesn't mean you can put out a mediocre product and expect it to do well.

As for EA in general, they've yet to wow me with anything in the past several years. 

pNgecl.gif

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

Hahahahahahahhaha, proof that gameplay>graphics!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

I feel like a bit of a vulture but this is likely to be mean many surplus copies at retail and some hefty price reductions fairly soon.

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

This is what happens when you keep making sequels that can't completely rival the first game.

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Lol.

I mentioned before that canceling a complete wii u version would hurt them.

It has.

Most wii u owners would have bought the game, adding at least a couple million more sales.

Ea wants to play favorites.

That may not exactly be good business...

Sort of softly laughing at them right now. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 08 May 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#8 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Lol.

It has.

Most wii u owners would have bought the game, adding at least a couple million more sales.

Sort of softly laughing at them right now. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Well, I know I would have bought the game. I like seeing good graphics on my TV lol.

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Lol.

It has.

:laugh:

2lvmghw.png

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

This is what happens when you keep making sequels that can't completely rival the first game.

Exactly. The first was awesome.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Lol.

It has.

I do have to agree. I'd have bought it solely for the purpose of proving the Wii U has capable chips.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Lol.

It has.

It wouldn't be a few million more, but it was a mistake to cancel a complete version. They put money into the Wii U version, and then canceled it out of spite. That's just an idiptic buisness plan, even for EA standards.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

What does up and running really mean though. It could just mean the game is running in an unoptimised state and there was still many months of work needed to complete the game, optimise it, test it etc. It would be nice if someone leaked the footage on wii u just to satisfy many people's curiousity. I remember reading about a ps3 game that was 'up and running' but it ran at 3fps or around that figure and had to fully optimised to run at 20fps plus. I guess the 3fps was a figure perhaps running on the main ppc cpu of the ps3 only without using the full cell processor.

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

What does up and running really mean though. It could just mean the game is running in an unoptimised state and there was still many months of work needed to complete the game, optimise it, test it etc. It would be nice if someone leaked the footage on wii u just to satisfy many people's curiousity. I remember reading about a ps3 game that was 'up and running' but it ran at 3fps or around that figure and had to fully optimised to run at 20fps plus. I guess the 3fps was a figure perhaps running on the main ppc cpu of the ps3 only without using the full cell processor.

Well, a while back Crytek said that the Wii U ran CryEngine 3 "beautifully", so I would assume it was running it on high pc settings, but not max pc settings.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#15 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Lol.

It has.

Exactly what I thought.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

THE EXACT quote was "We did have Crysis 3 running on the Wii U. We were very close to launching it, but there was a lack of business support between Nintendo and EA on that. Since we as a company couldn’t launch on the Wii U ourselves — we don’t have a publishing license — Crysis 3 on Wii U had to die."

http://www.gameinfor...spx?PageIndex=3

That means maybe a month away from being done. Maybe they were done, maybe just close. But it can't be that it was more then a month away.

However, they don't have a publishing license. Nintendo does. CryTek really appears to want to work on the Wii U. So who knows what could happen.

#17 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

This is definetely the end of Crysis. Perhaps Crytek will develop a free-2-play model as they have talked about in the past, but i would be suprised if EA would put in any money for a another full game in this brand. 

#18 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

I enjoyed this game in the beginning, but it quickly fell out of my rotation due to low population in the playlists.

#19 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

THE EXACT quote was "We did have Crysis 3 running on the Wii U. We were very close to launching it, but there was a lack of business support between Nintendo and EA on that. Since we as a company couldn’t launch on the Wii U ourselves — we don’t have a publishing license — Crysis 3 on Wii U had to die."

http://www.gameinfor...spx?PageIndex=3

That means maybe a month away from being done. Maybe they were done, maybe just close. But it can't be that it was more then a month away.

However, they don't have a publishing license. Nintendo does. CryTek really appears to want to work on the Wii U. So who knows what could happen.

Wow, absolutely madness. Wii u needs games desperately. It could have been a download only game. EA really seems to be working against Nintendo.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

They specifically stated that it was ready for release.  They also tweeted previously that "Crysis3 and CryEngine3 is running beautifully on Wii U".

It would have released simultaneously on WiiU and other platforms.

Edited by routerbad, 10 May 2013 - 12:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!