Photo

Sick of reading rubbish about the console, Dont care!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

POPULAR

When the nes came out, all we cared about was it was 8 bit and played good fun games, then snes came out all we cared about was 16 bit and played good fun games, n64 came out and was 64 bit and played good fun games, gamecube came out and we just cared that it was 128 bit, WE JUST PLAYED AND HAD FUN, which is what consoles are for, We choose Nintendo for Mario, Metroid and Zelda and some other games specific to the system, like always, so those who are,  lets say obsessed with hardware, get over it and just play and have fun!

Internet is good but its spoilt somethings like song sales and console wars, I remember snes, and megadrive, you chose which game you wanted to play the most, sonic or Mario, simple!

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#2 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

When the nes came out, all we cared about was it was 8 bit and played good fun games, then snes came out all we cared about was 16 bit and played good fun games, n64 came out and was 64 bit and played good fun games, gamecube came out and we just cared that it was 128 bit, WE JUST PLAYED AND HAD FUN, which is what consoles are for, We choose Nintendo for Mario, Metroid and Zelda and some other games specific to the system, like always, so those who are,  lets say obsessed with hardware, get over it and just play and have fun!

Internet is good but its spoilt somethings like song sales and console wars, I remember snes, and megadrive, you chose which game you wanted to play the most, sonic or Mario, simple!

I have said this before, but the gaming community was more obsessed with graphics back then then now. That's cause it was a such a huge graphics leap between each generation. Now days the big changes between gens and different consoles is how we play not the visuals.

And its simple today to, want to play Mario and Nintendo stuff? Well get a Nintendo console. Want to play CoD and sutff? Get a PS or XBOX and just choose the console depending on which one your friends have and which controller you like the most since the graphics are the same anyways. (If you dont care about stuff like: if you look at that shadow you can see a little more detail then on xbox)

Edited by Hinkik, 12 May 2013 - 03:00 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

First, we really need to know the specs because the games right now are kind of bad. We invested $300-$350 into a brand new console that is only playing 360/PS3 level games. Right now the Wii U is a serious investment, and I feel like it should still be treated as such with analyzation and the like.

Second, the GameCube was 32-64 bits.

However, ultimately I might be playing a little devil's advocate and might agree with you. The Wii U is my favorite modern video game system.

#4 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

The graphic wars really started to heat up during the N64 days, but it really was this past generation that things reach such proportions.

I too miss the days when people discussed what games they had more fun with instead of discussing specs and how a console in next gen if it goes that far in power.

#5 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

The graphic wars really started to heat up during the N64 days, but it really was this past generation that things reach such proportions.

I too miss the days when people discussed what games they had more fun with instead of discussing specs and how a console in next gen if it goes that far in power.

well the HD twins have all the same games, no differences except the occasinal games. ninty actualy makes lots of exclusives. but if everythings the same for the HD twins, then it comes down to who in the area has more, then whichever runs slightly better.

#6 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

well the HD twins have all the same games, no differences except the occasinal games. ninty actualy makes lots of exclusives. but if everythings the same for the HD twins, then it comes down to who in the area has more, then whichever runs slightly better.

while wikipedia's accuracy is always suspect, this list should make it clear that the "hd twins" as you call it have quite a few differences.

http://en.wikipedia....rosoft_Xbox_360

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

while wikipedia's accuracy is always suspect, this list should make it clear that the "hd twins" as you call it have quite a few differences.

i looked through those and found about 5 games for the 360 and ps3 that I actually played. And their were about 10 on those lists that aren't shovel ware.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

the vast majority was shovel ware. some microsoft made games(halo, and few minor 'avrige' games) 

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Wii and PS3/X360 had too big of a difference in term of game libraries, but the most wanted games by your average gamer ended up only on PS3 and Xbox360, as long as HD graphics, online play.

PS2 also had a better game library and more diverse yet gamers did not care that much about other stuff.

#10 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

The thing people don't seem to realize is that what is "fun" has changed. When I play Skyrim, some of the mods I add make the graphics more beautiful. That adds to the immersion, and for me, to the fun of the game.

Oh, and the "shovelware" wasn't limited to the ps360. The Wii section wasn't exactly full of the highest quality of games.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

OP is right, I brought this console for fun not specs, If I wanted specs I'd build a gaming PC. Wii U is the best console since PS2 in my eyes in terms of Fun Factor.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Yea most care about the way it looks, but forme it's about how the game plays.
But to each ther own.
Game devs will never listen to there buyers p, and systems will kept adding more and more graphic til where in 4d real life gaming,
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!