Photo

The Nintendo 3DS Forums are starting to become a cesspool for Sony/Microsoft fanboys to rag on Nintendo fanboys...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Has anybody else noticed this? I seem to notice more "Nintendo's going to die" threads than anything else on the forums...share your thoughts on this?

(P.S. I reaaally hope the Wii U forums never gets to the level the Nintendo 3DS forums are at now...)

EDIT: Not to mention the admins for the 3DS forums are...non-existant. o_o;...

Edited by Gamecollector44, 16 August 2011 - 07:38 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

I haven't noticed mainly because I haven't been there for a long time. But this is what i heard from a few members who came over from the 3dsforums to here. But is it really that bad.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

http://3dsforums.com...-trend-=-21853/

This right here is a perfect example of how many Sony/Microsoft people are on there, ready to exploit the smallest 'problem' Nintendo has...

GameZombie44.png

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

Oh, I see. To me it really isn't really Sony/Microsoft people, it is more like fans getting mad about remakes on the system. However i do agree that some people are taking it way too far.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

Oh, I see. To me it really isn't really Sony/Microsoft people, it is more like fans getting mad about remakes on the system. However i do agree that some people are taking it way too far.

Especially this ClippersTown guy...he is a die-hard PS360, Nintendo-attacking flaming fanboy. :|

Look at how many times this dude downright attacks another guy defending Nintendo...http://3dsforums.com...rice-cut-22106/

Edited by Gamecollector44, 16 August 2011 - 08:15 PM.

GameZombie44.png

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Well, all I hope is that trolls do not come over here.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Well, all I hope is that trolls do not come over here.

Amen...just to the degree things have been taken in that forum, it almost isn't worth visiting anymore. ><

EDIT: I guess the moral of the story is, screw them, and play what you wanna play, you get what I'm sayin?

Edited by Gamecollector44, 16 August 2011 - 08:21 PM.

GameZombie44.png

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

Amen...just to the degree things have been taken in that forum, it almost isn't worth visiting anymore. ><

EDIT: I guess the moral of the story is, screw them, and play what you wanna play, you get what I'm sayin?

Yes I agree with what you say, people are not the same so your taste will not be the same. All I can say is play what you like and ignore what people say otherwise.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Yes I agree with what you say, people are not the same so your taste will not be the same. All I can say is play what you like and ignore what people say otherwise.

Although, sometimes it does help to gather what people say. (Game reviewers for instance) Otherwise you may end up with a really sucky game lol

GameZombie44.png

#10 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

I have never registered on those forums before but I have checked them out. I don't get why there are so many haters on a Nintendo forum, just unreasonably silly if you ask me.
Besides, if your talking about trolls coming down here and staying, that's not going to happen. As for rude people on 3DSforums, I can't assure you that some mean people will come on here eventually.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 16 August 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#11 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Although, sometimes it does help to gather what people say. (Game reviewers for instance) Otherwise you may end up with a really sucky game lol

That is true, but i would say do not look at one place look at different sources including videos from Youtube. Some of my friends enjoyed games that didn't get that much critical praise. It all is a matter of doing research for yourself.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

I have never registered on those forums before but I have checked them out. I don't get why there are so many haters on a Nintendo forum, just unreasonably silly if you ask me.
Besides, if your talking about trolls coming down here, that's not going to happen. As for rude people on 3DSforums, I can't assure you that some mean people will come on here eventually.

I also find it sorta funny that while all the Sony/Microsoft fanboys flock to Nintendo forums to mock and ridicule the Nintendo fans, that Nintendo fans don't do the same thing on the Sony/Microsoft forums. o_o...

As for rude people/trolls: I know you can't keep everybody away. You've just gotta keep doing your best to not let them overwhelm the forums. ><

Edited by Gamecollector44, 16 August 2011 - 08:32 PM.

GameZombie44.png

#13 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

There is nothing inherently wrong with such threads as the ones you linked to, Gamecollector44. But they become problematic when:

A) there are too many of them about the same or a similar subject (e.g.: whether there should be remakes or not), and...
B) when they become troll haven.

We merge or delete duplicate threads whenever we see them, and trolling is prohibited quite clearly by my ruleset.

It is inevitable that we'll get our fair share of troublemakers here in due time, so I cannot and will not guarantee that we won't. However, I do promise you that the moderation team and I will always do our best to stop them ASAP.

If you ever see anything on this forum that looks like trouble of some kind to you, please do your part to help us help you and report it immediately using the forum's report buttons.

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

There is nothing inherently wrong with such threads as the ones you linked to, Gamecollector44. But they become problematic when:

A) there are too many of them about the same or a similar subject (e.g.: whether there should be remakes or not), and...
B) when they become troll haven.

We merge or delete duplicate threads whenever we see them, and trolling is prohibited quite clearly by my ruleset.

It is inevitable that we'll get our fair share of troublemakers here in due time, so I cannot and will not guarantee that we won't. However, I do promise you that the moderation team and I will always do our best to stop them ASAP.

If you ever see anything on this forum that looks like trouble of some kind to you, please do your part to help us help you and report it immediately using the forum's report buttons.

Believe me, I shall. I suppose that I'm more disappointed in the fact that a forum with such potential to be so good turned into the cesspool it is now. :/

GameZombie44.png

#15 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Believe me, I shall. I suppose that I'm more disappointed in the fact that a forum with such potential to be so good turned into the cesspool it is now. :/

We've always got our General Gaming section here on Wii U Forums. Most of it's about the 3DS, anyway, and I find the discussions in there quite worthwhile.

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

We've always got our General Gaming section here on Wii U Forums. Most of it's about the 3DS, anyway, and I find the discussions in there quite worthwhile.

I'll have to give that a look sometime. :)

GameZombie44.png

#17 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

We should've been expected this because whenever the gaming industry is about to transition into the next generation, fanboy trolls will be crawling out of the woodworks. I've seen similar things happen after E3 2005 when all three companies unveiled what would be current gen consoles. However, I suspect most of the trolls that have invaded Nintendo-related forums and blogs are Sony fanboys. The reason why I came to this conclusion was because, during this generation, the flame wars were mostly between Sony and Xbox fanboys. Microsoft and Sony had similar strategies and fought for the core base. When Jack Tretton announced that the PS4 may be "weaker" and appeal to girls, I think the Sony fanboys felt that they have lost the "core war." Rumors of Xbox 720 being able to display Avatar-like graphics seems to nail this down. The Wii U and the PS4 are the only next-gen consoles that we have any actual information, and the unhinged Sony fanboys end up attacking the console that may be their level.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:47 AM

Oh, I see. To me it really isn't really Sony/Microsoft people, it is more like j_phoenix getting mad about remakes on the system. However i do agree that some people are taking it way too far.

Fixed.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • NNID:Skybunny

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

I'm sorry, but people are allowed to post their opinions. Although, some users do push it to the limits (I know which users, too, I watch them closely). The thread you posted, I see no problem with it besides a bit of over-exaggeration, and let me just say that users are being infracted for these sort of posts. (Which will lead to a ban...)

The state of the forums right now is heaven compared to what it was before, I guess you could say the forum is still in the middle of re-building its userbase. (If that makes sense, rofl)

Remember, if you have an issue with a post report it. Even if you're unsure whether it's against the rules or not.

-edit-
Non-existent? I'm on there quite a lot. There's tons of new posts and threads posted everyday. I'm sorry we're not everywhere at once, that is why there is a report button.

-edit2-
Also, since you just joined the 3DS forums a few days ago lemme introduce myself. I'm Kurtiss, brand new admin of the 3DS Forums.

Edited by Kurtiss, 17 August 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#20 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

I'm sorry, but people are allowed to post their opinions. Although, some users do push it to the limits (I know which users, too, I watch them closely). The thread you posted, I see no problem with it besides a bit of over-exaggeration, and let me just say that users are being infracted for these sort of posts. (Which will lead to a ban...)

The state of the forums right now is heaven compared to what it was before, I guess you could say the forum is still in the middle of re-building its userbase. (If that makes sense, rofl)

Remember, if you have an issue with a post report it. Even if you're unsure whether it's against the rules or not.

-edit-
Non-existent? I'm on there quite a lot. There's tons of new posts and threads posted everyday. I'm sorry we're not everywhere at once, that is why there is a report button.

-edit2-
Also, since you just joined the 3DS forums a few days ago lemme introduce myself. I'm Kurtiss, brand new admin of the 3DS Forums.

I do think your a good mod and admin (the only problem that you had was your internet...), but when Baroque left, some all hell broke loose!

But, I hope that you'll fix this Kurt, so I can get back on the 3dsforums... (the reasons I'm not there anymore is because I couldn't get emails for new threads being made and updated. Me and Baroque discussed it for a while. Then he contacted V bulletin, but I never got to know the reply he got, as he left soon after that -_-)

Edited by Brian6330, 17 August 2011 - 07:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!