#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

This game gave me so many feels i loved the 3d pacman games on pc as a child I honestly cant wait for this and its coming to Wii U and 3ds!

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

I was just about to make the same thread. So hyped for this. Reminds me of that PacMan World game on PS2 and GC. Fun stuff.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hooray!

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

I was just about to make the same thread. So hyped for this. Reminds me of that PacMan World game on PS2 and GC. Fun stuff.

I grew up on the platformers this and adventure time and ducktales  and 3d mario for me the Wii U is feeling like a huge success keep on pumping out games that the fans want!

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Oh God..... why couldnt they have added a few different sound effects for his chomping?

They picked the most obnoxious sounding one they could and it sounds like its going to get really old really fast.....

It sounds like when your'e at Chuck E Cheese and have a string of 200 tickets and feed them into that ticket machine and the sound makes you want to stab your ear drums with forks 

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I don't like it. Sorry. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

They used to have that old Pacman game from the Gamecube at my local dentist for people to play. Game was terrible, I don't expect much of this one. 

2lvmghw.png

#8 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

It looks terrible, I hate the 3D pacmans, they are just bad. Terrible controls, stupid stories, and its Pacman, he doesn't bling outside of the arcade.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#9 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

It looks boring to me. And if it is...well I really hope wii u doesn't become a shovelware dumping heap like the wii. I would think it wouldn't because apparently it's hard to develop for.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#10 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is unimpressed. It looks bland environment wise. Seeing Pac Man turn green and use his tongue just made me think about Yoshi from Galaxy 2.

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Pac-Man world 2 was my childhood.

If this is just as good, first day purchase.

794144.png?13383682

#12 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

I enjoy Pac Man World 2 on the GameCube, it's a fun platformer. This looks decent, but maybe it'll turn out good. But there's still some issues.

First, why does Pac-Man have a generic chomping stock sound effect, instead of his trademark waka waka? This noise is just going to get annoying quick. It's also a little weird seeing him eat ghosts without getting the larger pellet and having them turn blue. But that's not really a big issue. It's just awkward seeing some series staples being ignored. I'm not a big fan of the character designs either. Pac-Man with teeth looks a little weird, especially that unnerving grin at the end. The ghosts look less like goofy cartoon like, but more menacing. But these could always be different enemies, with the original style ghosts still making a presence. But I don't think any of these will ruin the game.

There's still some things I like about it. The platforming looks good, and the power ups (like the lizard one in the trailer) look fun to use. I'll probably hold out on both versions of this game until they release.

PacmanPromoShot.jpg

I'd like to point out that this game is actually based off of a new Pac-Man cartoon that's supposed to air this year on Disney XD (a Disney side channel). Apparently IGN posted a summary of the show's premise on their article for this game.

"When he's not saving PacWorld from Betrayus, ruler of the Netherworlds, Pac-Man enjoys spending time with his friends, Spiral and Cylindria, who bond with the legendary hero as they "cope with the challenges of being a teenager."

Sounds promising enough, until the "cope with the challenges of being a teenager" part. Do we really need a cliche "I'm a teen and I'm socially awkward/not getting good grades/ I don't have a girlfriend" plot? Especially for something like Pac-Man? I'll check out the show, but I'm wary about it.

#13 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Wait, based off a Disney XD show? My hype levels just dropped so low.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#14 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

What the hell is wrong with Pac-Man's face!?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#15 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ugh, it's a show based game. Forget it.

794144.png?13383682

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

What the hell is wrong with Pac-Man's face!?

tumblr_m660jgJyuL1rr86mho1_500.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 Alex

Alex

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hold up hold up. Since when did Pacman have another show.

As far as the game it looks....eh.....I don't have a good word for it kml.

Ratchet

You know......that guy

#18 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Pacman has had this art style for a lot of years now so idk why people are complaining. The game and the show are the same universe but Namco bandai is still developing this Pacman game its the same people that did Pacman world. Its a really good concept and I know ill buy it day one and i might even check out the show that goes with it.

#19 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

my only regret with Pacman World 2= I never finished it. this game looks really cool. ive learned that the most fun is sometimes had with these whimsical platformers that don't take things too seriously(see: Klonoa)

Save the Deku trees!

#20 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Never played any Pac-Man game besides the original, but this one looks good. Hope it can actually be good!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!