#1 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

A lot of people I know are going back to school today and I know there are those that enter school as late as September. I go back August 29. :P So tell me guys...what sort of classes are you taking and is there anything you're looking forward to? :) Haha...I definitely can't wait to go back to college. Here are the classes I'm taking:

Music Theory III
Ear Training III
Intro to Music Technology
Music Lab (it's just a class where you gotta perform on a stage...like applied music performance. :P )
Applied Piano
Applied composition
World ensemble
Environmental Biology (darn CORE requirements)

I have to wake up at the good 6 a.m so I can commute to college. That's...the only part I'm not looking forward to. If you guys can't guess my major, then I don't know what to say.

Good luck to those starting school this week and the following weeks. :) Please...do good in school. lol

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

A lot of people I know are going back to school today and I know there are those that enter school as late as September. I go back August 29. :P So tell me guys...what sort of classes are you taking and is there anything you're looking forward to? :) Haha...I definitely can't wait to go back to college. Here are the classes I'm taking:

Music Theory III
Ear Training III
Intro to Music Technology
Music Lab (it's just a class where you gotta perform on a stage...like applied music performance. :P )
Applied Piano
Applied composition
World ensemble
Environmental Biology (darn CORE requirements)

I have to wake up at the good 6 a.m so I can commute to college. That's...the only part I'm not looking forward to. If you guys can't guess my major, then I don't know what to say.

Good luck to those starting school this week and the following weeks. :) Please...do good in school. lol

My Classes are as Follows( I have 4 periods, but 84 minute classes)
1.Science 10
2.Drama(Not set in Stone)
3.Social 10
4.English 10

EDIT: Guess I should add the list above is for semester 1
Semester 2 is
Physics 2
Elective I haven't decided on yet
Math 30
Chemistry 20

Edited by Lord N, 22 August 2011 - 11:46 AM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

My Classes are as Follows( I have 4 periods, but 84 minute classes)
1.Science 10
2.Drama(Not set in Stone)
3.Social 10
4.English 10

oooh...my high school was very similar. I would have 4 periods a day...but the classes would alternate between A day and B day. The crappy part about that schedule is that AP classes are everyday so...you can only take 4 AP classes a year. >.> Which really makes me hate the other school with the 6-8 classes a day schedule because they can take more AP classes. >.> I regret high school, but oh well. College is a heck of a looooot better. :D

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

I'm starting school on Wedneday (although it's a late start). I haven't had a full day of school since way back in May, so I'm kind of looking forward to it. Thankfully, I've been able to drop the subjects I don't like for this year. I'll be continuing English (compulsory at my school), Maths, History and Chemistry this year. I'm also starting Economics. My school had eight lessons per day, which are forty minutes long.

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

Next year, I'm taking the following:

• Math 11 Online
  • Math 12 Honours
  • AP Chemistry 11
  • AP Physics 11
  • AP Computer Science 12 Online
  • Biology 12
  • English 11
  • Senior Concert Band 11/12
  • Senior Jazz Band 11/12

Jazz band will happen before and after school, as it is an extracurricular course. At my school, we have eight 80-minute blocks spread out over two days. Two of mine are gonna be spares - I really hope I get both spares in the afternoon, because that means I'll be able to finish school at 12:50.

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Well, i will start college soon. My first quarter classes start is biology and a lab, chemistry with a lab, and pre-calculus.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

On Thursday is Freshman's day. (New students get to know the school and parrticiapte in events. FYI I was a fresh man last year, so know you know what year I'm in High School now :P)

School starts on the 29th for me.

Here you don't get to choose your subjects.
Everybody takes the same ones... that is, until you reach your third year of High School.

There you can choose between having a Major in "Buisness" or "Chemistry."

Business= accounting, doing, letters, and all that stuff...
Chemistry= Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and other stuff.

I'll most likely take Chemistry as I'm not sure what I wanna do and it's easier to switch from Chemistry to Buisness than from Buisness to Chemistry :D

I hope I know what I wanna (at least which direction) throughout the course of next year... -_-

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

Health
Intro to Agriculture
Algebra A
Art 1
Natural Science
English 1
Study Hall

I'm a starting student in high school. (Freshman)

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Well, I'm a junior, now. I wish classes were more like college, so I wouldn't be flooded with pointless assignments.
I've been in school for a week, already.
A Schedule:
AP US History
Philosophy
AP Spanish V
Science Fiction

B Schedule:
AP English Composition 11
Algebra II
AP Spanish V
Analytical Physics.

Then there's friday schedule, which is just all the classes.

#10 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

Wow, some of you have some pretty interesting classes for high school! When I was in high school we had...pretty much 4 unofficial tracks: fine arts (include music, drama and art), business, honors (the preps), and...well the non-preps. lol I was in the fine arts and honors. xD

Speech on AP Classes (yep)

Good luck to those taking AP classes. Those really are very intensive...but let me tell you something about AP classes: IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. The only thing AP classes are truly good for is making you look good in a college applications. THAT'S IT. Well yeah...people can argue that it'll help you be prepared. I disagree with that completely. I have taken AP English 11 and 12 in hopes of improving my writing by challenging myself. Unfortunately...I didn't learn very much. That is because...AP classes are ONLY for those students who just want to get ahead. Basically...you already have to know the subject beforehand in order to do well in any AP classes or you gotta work your a** off.

Now, I don't want to discourage students from taking AP classes, but if you want college credit, go to a community college. It is EASIER and you will get real credits based on your work and not from a stupid test like the AP exam. Soo...please do not take AP classes because it'll "look good" on your college application. Take classes that is relevant to your major and interest. If your high school offers pre-AP classes...then go for it. :) (If you wanna be English major for example...then AP English will be relevant)

Even though I go to a community college, my college is just as intensive as a university. When I took English 101 (equivalent to AP English 11) the classes was A LOT easier. That is because, the teachers are more willing to help you out and you have a lot more resource such as tutors. The purpose of EN 101 is to improve your writing, not to get ahead. That is why EN 101 is a lot easier. :) They're really just trying to help and writing is indeed an important writing skill.

If you want to be an engineer/computer science/pre-med...any of those science fields, do take AP chemistry, physics and/or biology and be sure to be very prepared for those and be ready for the workload...because it's basically a requirement to get into an science department nowadays. xD (Plus it goes back to what I said about taking classes relevant to your interest.)

Well, I'm saying this because I'm sure some of you guys are taking AP classes or planning to. I just want to give you some advice based on first-hand experience. ;)

Good luck!

Edited by starrgrl24, 22 August 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#11 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:17 AM

Oi, you guys are so much older than I am...
Guess I'll post my schedule too.

Latin Intro
UA Communication
Spanish Intro
UA Problem Solving
CP Social Studies 7
ACP Pre-Algebra 7
ACP LA 7
Lunch 7 (THANK GOD)
Science 7
PE 7
Art 7
Chorus 7 (Mah favorite!!!!!)
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#12 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

I don't even know what an AP class is T.T
Though I think I heard my friend talking about something like that, we go to different schools...

Anyway, my classes for next year: (Try to rememberTry to remember >.<)
Entrepreneurship (11?)
Computer Science University 12 (University referring to the difficulty)
Philosophy University 12 (Three years of religion class to get here, it better be good >.>)
Business Leadership (Online course)
Physics University 12
Calculus University 12
Sociology Uni/Col 11 (It's both and neither. At the same time)
English University 12

I kinda think I'm shooting myself in the foot by not giving myself a spare... but whatever. I'll survive.
My school system works in that we take 4 classes in the first semester, and 4 in the second. I can't tell you which are which, all I know is that I have the computer lab for both my first periods in the first semester, which will be epic ^.^
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#13 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Well, school starts for me tomorrow. Even though I haven't done very much with my holidays, they seem to have flown by. Especially the last few days.

#14 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

Well, school starts for me tomorrow. Even though I haven't done very much with my holidays, they seem to have flown by. Especially the last few days.

The last 4 weeks (of my vacation) were literally flying by for me... even though I didn't do a lot...

Edited by Brian6330, 23 August 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#15 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

heres my schedule, if anyone bothers reading it.

Geometry
Chemistry
small animal management
Spanish II
World history AP
English II AP
Debate II

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#16 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

The last 4 weeks were litterally flying by for me... even though I didn't do a lot...

You've been to school for already four weeks?

#17 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

You've been to school for already four weeks?

No, I just said that 4 weeks of my holidays passed by a lot faster than the other 3 ;)

Sorry if you misunderstood it... (School starts for me on Thursday and Friday. Which is Freshman and Orientation day, and on Monday normal school starts.)

#18 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

My schedule is as follows

1st: Earth Space Science

2nd: Career options