Photo

Flipnote Studio 3D to Hit North America Early August, Subscription Pricing Set!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

http://www.nintendol...ricing_revealed

Though there's no precise date, it's listed to arrive in early August, while more details are given on how the gallery system will operate. The free Friends gallery will be an area that you can open and share with users on your friend list. You can create or participate in galleries with up to 20 others, where you can rate, post comments and download animations that you like. You can run two galleries at any one time, and they remain open for a 15 day period; when one closes, you can open another. It seems like a system ideally suited to organising themes and contests with buddies.

The World gallery is more in line with the Hatena service from the DSiWare title, and Nintendo has confirmed that it'll carry a cost of $0.99 for a 30-day license in the U.S., with prices to vary depending on regional currencies. You'll be able to access this service for free between 3pm and 7pm every day on your local time, but posting comments, rating Flipnotes and downloading those you like require you to spend in-game coins, and you'll receive a set amount with each 30-day subscription.

You can also earn these coins by picking up points through your actions; as a Flipnote Creator you'll earn Coin Points if your posted flipnotes get rated highly by the worldwide community. Alternatively you can be a Flipnote Collector, where you find, rate and collate quality Flipnotes into a collection that then serves as a gallery for others to view; if a lot of visitors check out your gallery, you pick up Coin Points. Though the details are yet to be fleshed out, performing well in either role will earn you a free 30 day pass, saving you the $0.99 subscription for that month.

eEG8Ies.png

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

I really dislike the paid subscription services, its such a little fee that it seem kind of pointless
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Well, if I read this right, they screwed this up already. I'd imagine that the reason Flipnote Hatena was so popular was because it was free...I don't think most people are going to want to pay a subscription just to use it.

Unless of course, I'm misreading it, and the paid part is just to view flipnotes from around the world, and not just from your country.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hatena went to sh!t after a year anyway, I don't care about it anymore...

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

And Nintendo enters the crappy world of passes. #NeverBuyingIt

Signature_DK.png

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

Not sure weather I'll get this or not, I might need a little convincing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!