Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

My Nintendo News

This year’s E3 has led to a varied amount of questions, but this one has probably been in the minds (and hearts) of many Pokémon fans for years. Will Pokémon Red and Blue ever find their way onto the Virtual Console? Well, according to Game Freak it’s not about to happen in the near future. In a question and answer session today, the Pokémon developer responded as such:

“We’re always very careful—we believe that Pokémon is best on a handheld. If we were to put it on virtual console, on the home console, what would you do with the Pokémon you caught? It would be kind of stuck, was one of the concerns we’ve had.”

Strangely enough, Game Freak’s first thoughts were for the Wii U’s Virtual Console, and not with the 3DS’s – a much more logical choice, and one that houses the recently released The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages.

I guest this also kills the hope Pokemon Z on Wii U.

efa.png

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

No surprise. Pokemon has always been on portables. It would be neat though.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Pokemon is a handheld experience.

There was hope for Pokemon Z on the Wii U?

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Why Wii U though? Wy not bring these VC's to 3DS! Look at the things we can do now p with them like taking Dream Radar pokemon and importing them into B2 and W2. They could easily implement that feature into 3DS Pokemon VC games to be distributed into X and Y!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Lazy azz mofos. I would buy it if it came on the VC!! Guess I just have to emulate instead of paying Nintendo money...

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

They're waiting on the 3DS VC versions so they can make a HUGE deal about it, like they did with the Oracle games. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out near X/Y's release, that would make for some great marketing opportunities. 

#7 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

There was hope for Pokemon Z on the Wii U?

Apparently some members here wanted Pokemon Z(or whatever X&Y's update/sequel will be called) on the Wii U, but now those hopes are now dashed.

#8 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Im hoping for something in between Colloseum and Battle Revolution in 2015 with brand new everything. I know a lot of people hated Battle Revolution, but I absolutely loved seeing all the attacks and models in 3D. :blush:

kisame.png

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Great, there goes hope for sales going up. My co workers are gonna rip the Wii U a new one.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

This interview annoyed me because they never even mentiond the 3DS Virtual Console, thier whole reasoning was that Pokemon is a portable game............ 3DS IS PORTABLE AND IT'S THE SYSTEM WITH GB & GBC GAMES SO PUT THEM ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the old Pokemon games, it's hard to find a good copy, the last ones I brought were bootlegs :(

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 12 June 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

I`ll answer that: Pokémon MMO.

It would be 1vs1, 2vs2.

You`d catch them ingame and pit them against other players online. RPG style!

#12 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

I`ll answer that: Pokémon MMO.

It would be 1vs1, 2vs2.

You`d catch them ingame and pit them against other players online. RPG style!

I'll re answer that

Pokemon Snap 2 ;)

#13 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

I'll re answer that

Pokemon Snap 2 ;)

:D

To be honest, never played it and never found it that interesting. But maybe that´s because i`m not a fan of Pokémon to begin with.

Still, a MMO game would surely do better than Snap 2.

#14 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

:D

To be honest, never played it and never found it that interesting. But maybe that´s because i`m not a fan of Pokémon to begin with.

Still, a MMO game would surely do better than Snap 2.

From a business standpoint, and to many many people, it would be the best decision to make a Pokemon MMO. It would be amazing, and I would get it.

But from a ME standpoint, the way to go is Pokemon Snap hahaha. Maybe I'm just weird, but I thought that game was absolutely amazing. One of my favorites of all time

#15 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

"Classic" pokémon games aren't coming to the Wii U. That could mean they're tempted to do something different for the Wii U, like the MMO everyone has been hoping for, although it's highly unlikely to happen. Remember, Pokémon Colosseum and XD are not classic pokémon games neither...

Posted Image

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

From a business standpoint, and to many many people, it would be the best decision to make a Pokemon MMO. It would be amazing, and I would get it.

But from a ME standpoint, the way to go is Pokemon Snap hahaha. Maybe I'm just weird, but I thought that game was absolutely amazing. One of my favorites of all time

Well, from a business standpoint and from what he have seen in other generations, you`ll probably be the lucky one:

Pokémon MMO - 0

Pokémon Snap - 2

#17 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Well, from a business standpoint and from what he have seen in other generations, you`ll probably be the lucky one:

Pokémon MMO - 0

Pokémon Snap - 2

Well there's only been one Pokemon Snap. Plus, past consoles really couldn't have handled a Pokemon MMO, so who knows. Either way I would be very happy

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Pokemon Colosseum pls pls pls

#19 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Well there's only been one Pokemon Snap. Plus, past consoles really couldn't have handled a Pokemon MMO, so who knows. Either way I would be very happy

Correct, only one game.

Yet, one PS is mentioned, there`s always a few people how they would love another.

Speaking of Pokémon, i`m surprised they didn`t announce a Pokémon Stadium kinda game. I hope/wish they announce one for this year to coincide with Pokémon X and Y. No better time than that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!