• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'm probably gonna get hate, I don't like Donkey Kong, dunno why just not my thing, for me, I would much rather have a Metroid game :(

#22 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

When it was said that it was a project everyone wanted them to do, it wasn't clear what was meant by "everyone". They could've been referring to developer social circles. If I also recall, it was stated after DKCR came out and was a smashing success to anyone who played it.

It's not my call if they lived up to the criteria. They did.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Disappointment.

#24 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Look, I like DKC Returns as much as the next guy, but waiting for 2 years for this announcement we've been so impatient about trying to guess what game was this 'Everyone wants us to do' quote and then knowing its another DK side scroller just screams 'Disappointment.' Retro had an amazing line up of games for Nintendo, they never failed and knowing they are making the same DKC Returns game with HD graphics was a huge waste of our time knowing what they have been working on. A new IP would have been a warm welcome knowing that its coming from them, the new Rareware we keep calling them. Now we'll see another trilogy featuring 3 DKC returns 2D side scrollers.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#25 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Did a DKCR sequel really have to take 3 years? :/ The graphics are better but except for that and upgraded camera, it looks just like DLC.
No sig.

#26 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Guys dont get mad with the signature I am going to put hahaha... its humorous..

#27 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Why do people keep saying "it's just the same as DKCR", yet they don't complain about Super Mario 3D World, Smash Bros., and Mario Kart? All of which are pretty much the same game as their predecessor, but with HD graphics and a small new gimmick- which is exactly what the new DK has (new levels, new abilities and new characters).

I'm not complaining about these games being similar, I'm just saying people need to stop complaining about DK just because it isn't metroid or star fox.

Edited by Hunter, 14 June 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

Dkcrtf is more akin to nsmbu than to Mario 3d world.

I'm guessing its a very small project for Retro. Especially considering its extremely similar to the 3ds game. And the wii u version is a lot simpler to make than Mario kart or 3dworld.

That leads me to believe that either...

A) there is a bigger project in the works (metroid, star fox, etc.)

B) Retro's involvement in helping create first party game engines was where the majority of there time (and increased manpower) went.

Going by how amazing nintendos games look, I'd guess the latter. That would explain some of the staffing choices as well.

And Retro doesn't have to be the studio working on Metroid.

Donky kong looks great. So people can enjoy it too. But the world is ready for next gen metroid.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 14 June 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#29 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

I can only care for around 2 or 3 platforming games, then I become racist and start saying all platformers are the same, and making separate bathrooms, seats and queues for them....So no not impressed with any DK game because I'm blind to see how much more fun this is compared to Mario, or an old school sonic, or possibly Rayman. So Retro are dead to me...

For now....

Edited by Penguin101, 14 June 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#30 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

I disagree with what RETRO did... It gives me the idea/impression that something went wrong and because they should present us something, after 2-3 years (after the oficial announcment)... They gave us that.

Nintendo bombarded its customers with platformers, " your going to say that NINTENDO is good at that"  But wii U needs games and it needs a title that will show us some potential. Monolith did good.. Platinum saved nintendos ###, Retro failed.

Edited by Plutonas, 15 June 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#31 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Honestly, I think it's actually a good idea that Retro is making Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong Country Returns has sold more than the Metroid Prime Trilogy combined and right now, Wii U doesn't have enough units sold. Once the Wii U units sell, THEN make Metroid and show it off at E3 2014 or something.

gamz girnalizm all da way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!