26 replies to this topic

#21 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I know right? I couldn't find my post until now lol

That's a horrible idea. Nintendo should not spend resources to help port games. They should, however, do what you said but instead of helping making ports they should help them make exclusives for Wii U. That would help Nintendo more.

Nintendo is KING of exclusives. THats how they are still alive. They need like one or two more mature ones to compete with halo and god of war, but other than that they need to be getting the third party games with a reason for people to buy them on Wii u. With Nintendo's help they could make exclusive dlc content etc for many third party games ( Nintendo character dog tags in battlefield 4, a bounty hunter mode pitting the hunters from metroid against the hunters of Star Wars ( Boba Fett, IG-88, new hunters introduced in the new movies and the clone wars?) in a Wii u version of battlefront, etc). Basically taking a Nintendo themed page out of Microsoft's book and giving people a reason to buy their version of third party.

#22 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

Nintendo is KING of exclusives. THats how they are still alive. They need like one or two more mature ones to compete with halo and god of war, but other than that they need to be getting the third party games with a reason for people to buy them on Wii u. With Nintendo's help they could make exclusive dlc content etc for many third party games ( Nintendo character dog tags in battlefield 4, a bounty hunter mode pitting the hunters from metroid against the hunters of Star Wars ( Boba Fett, IG-88, new hunters introduced in the new movies and the clone wars?) in a Wii u version of battlefront, etc). Basically taking a Nintendo themed page out of Microsoft's book and giving people a reason to buy their version of third party.

Yes, third parties should do that. But Nintendo right now is having trouble producing games and releasing them on time. Case in point, Pikman 3 and Wonderful 101 (well that is Platinum Games). Or Wii Fit U. They need to make themselves bigger and make more exclusive titles before they send people to third parties to help make exclusive content.

And your idea of putting Nintendo themed characters in third party games doesn't need Nintendo's help. They just need permission. Look at Soul Caliber 2 for GCN. Had Link, yet Nintendo didn't make that game. Or help.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#23 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

Just wish this happened 2 years ago.

#24 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Yes, third parties should do that. But Nintendo right now is having trouble producing games and releasing them on time. Case in point, Pikman 3 and Wonderful 101 (well that is Platinum Games). Or Wii Fit U. They need to make themselves bigger and make more exclusive titles before they send people to third parties to help make exclusive content.

And your idea of putting Nintendo themed characters in third party games doesn't need Nintendo's help. They just need permission. Look at Soul Caliber 2 for GCN. Had Link, yet Nintendo didn't make that game. Or help.

I forgot they were struggling to keep up. That's where my thinking was flawed. Now that we have release dates for a bunch of games one tends to forget that stuff. I do fee like Nintendo does still need to help third parties get their game engines running on Wii u though.

#25 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

I forgot they were struggling to keep up. That's where my thinking was flawed. Now that we have release dates for a bunch of games one tends to forget that stuff. I do fee like Nintendo does still need to help third parties get their game engines running on Wii u though.

Yeah, they do need third parties, but for at least some of them, Nintendo needs to sell more Wii U's ^_^.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#26 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Better late than never!

Seeing as the new Nintendo building will probably be finished this year, i`m guessing we will see the fruits of this enlargement, towards the end of the generation and the beginning of the new one.

#27 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

This is one reason why I like Nintendo. They let us know what they are doing for the most part instead of keeping closed lips like everyone else.

Edited by Cozmo, 23 June 2013 - 09:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!