Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

MNN

Capcom president Kenzo Tsuijimoto believes that Japanese development studios take far less risks than western video game studios when it comes to pumping in resources for large projects. Tsuijimoto also claims that western developers seem to work harder than their Japanese counterparts. Tsuijimoto says that games have now become risky business, but he still believes that if Japanese developers could pump more money into games then they would eventually outclass western developers.

“Japanese companies don’t take those kinds of risks like Western developers do. In the past, what the Capcom president [Kenzo Tsuijimoto] told me was that game development is becoming more and more expensive and many Japanese publishers won’t be investing $30 million or more in a game.”

“He believes that Western studios are, “working harder,” and added that “if we can invest $30 million into a game, we can win,” suggesting that the Japanese market could overtake the West if it too pumped more money into projects.”

“Part of the problem, he added, is that Japanese studios seem reluctant to employ Western tech into their projects. “As for the organizational structure of companies,” he continued. “I think it would be good if companies would be more flexible about incorporating foreign technologies”

I didn’t know making shooters over and over was taking a risk.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

A bigger budget does NOT EQUAL BETTER GAMES... some Indie Developers spend SOO LITTLE on making their games and they come out fantastic. LEARN FROM THEM PEOPLE! I'm tired of seeing big budget games because they want to add nosehairs on people in the game...

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

lol I actually agree with article to a certain extent. It's just funny that Capcom is saying this. Don't get me wrong, I love Capcom, but they need to practice what they preach.

Edited by NewEra KiiD, 01 July 2013 - 02:53 PM.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

They were specifically talking about the ridiculously bloated budget western devs apply to even mediocre popcorn garbage.

And its true. And its a good thing.

This is why all of capcoms legends left the company. Its also why capcom turned to poo and tried turning re into cod, re6 sold 6 million copies, and STILL ended up with a gigantic flop that lost millions.

Its sad to see capcoms head hasnt learned his lesson, and is plunging headfirst into the broken business model strangling gaming.

Meanwhile, strangely, 'conservative' efforts on the 3ds will continue to keep capcom alive through its flounders.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Just like @Chrop said look at what indie developers do with tiny budgets, money isn't all you need to make your games amazing, creativity, passion and love crafts an unforgettable experiance, not money.

#6 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Eastern developers seem more likely to rehash the same thing over and over again with the same formula. Alittle risk is good sometimes, Bigger risk = better success if you play your cards right.

Edited by NewEra KiiD, 02 July 2013 - 09:26 AM.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

NewEra KiiD, on 02 Jul 2013 - 1:26 PM, said:Eastern developers seem more likely to rehash the same thing over and over again with the same formula. Alittle risk is good sometimes, Bigger risk = better success if you play your cards right.

Might want to provide some examples.

Because from where im looking its the exact opposite.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Are we talking American "Eastern" or Eurasian "Eastern" as they are two different things...

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!