Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Several sites are claiming that Dragon Quest X might come out in the West (I really hope so).

http://mynintendonew...estern-release/

However, what's funny is Wii U Daily's take on the quote:

http://wiiudaily.com...estern-release/

Apparently because there is no mention of the Wii U, it means it won't be coming out for the Wii U in the west according to Wii U Daily, however, there is also no mention of PC or Wii.

Do you guys hope Dragon Quest X sees a Western release? I know I do.

Bring the noise.

#2 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Any Dragon Quest coming to the Wii U is more than welcome to me. But everyone seems to be afraid to release things on the Wii U, except if no big franchise takes the chance to bring a new game to attract the fans to the system, the Wii U won't sell more. Even if it doesn't profit right away, usually big franchises keep selling years down the console's life. And like it's mentioned on the article's comments, the Wii U is the only system this has a chance to sell on in a western market. No way it would sell as much as they want on the PS4/Xbox1 and I think FF XIV's success in the western market is a good proof that it won't sell on PC either.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

OH HELL YEAH, Love Dragon Quest, you know I would really love to see a direct sequel storywise to Dragon Quest VIII The Journey Of The Cursed King on PS2, maybe they could mke it for Wii U and PS4, I always wanted to see what happens after the end, I grew really attached to all the characters in that one.

#4 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

I just don't see this happening due to the monthly fees in the game. From what I remember, it wasn't even that successful in Japan where Dragon Quest is a big thing. America, where it's little more than another game? It'd be like tossing the game out to die.

Maybe if they took a Free-To-Play approach with a Digital-only strategy. It would make it more widely available, and (most) any Wii U owner could hop into the game whenever they wanted, with impulse/curious purchases abound. After-all, the game is an online game to begin with, so complaints on Digital-only would be rather ridiculous in this (theoretical) case.

#5 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

I just don't see this happening due to the monthly fees in the game. From what I remember, it wasn't even that successful in Japan where Dragon Quest is a big thing. America, where it's little more than another game? It'd be like tossing the game out to die.

Maybe if they took a Free-To-Play approach with a Digital-only strategy. It would make it more widely available, and (most) any Wii U owner could hop into the game whenever they wanted, with impulse/curious purchases abound. After-all, the game is an online game to begin with, so complaints on Digital-only would be rather ridiculous in this (theoretical) case.

MH3 had monthly fees in Japan but not in NA. There is no way people would buy a game in which they'd have to pay for online. They will simply make it free to promote the game if it ever gets a release in NA.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!