Photo

Metal Gear Solid - Your history with the franchise.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

I love Metal Gear, I played all of the games not even missing one, since the release of the Legacy collection, I looked at it and it just made me reflected me on how I got my start on the series and so forth.

The first was my brother playing Metal Gear Solid on PS1, I watched a bit but he never played it anymore until he met the DARPA chief. Years later He bought the Gamecube remake, and seeing the cutscenes it blew my mind on how much of a movie it looked, then I bought it myself for GC and I screwed up because Meryl died, which left me wondering why was Meryl in MGS4 is since she died in my ending and then finding out there are 2 endings, least I got a sweet stealth camo in return though,

Years later I saw my brother playing MGS3 and I seriously thought Snake was a darker ruthless killer, cause he had the Zombie facepaint on and slitting throats and I thought it was a darker turn like Snake went rouge or something, but then I bought MGS3 subsistence and that wasn't the case either. But that was the best PS2 game Ive ever played. Especially adding in Monkeys from Ape Escape, that's why I bought Ape Escape 3 which I really loved while having a MGS mini game and a scene with Big Boss. And the old MG games were so good.

I found and bought MGS2 Subsistance years after its release, it was on the Xbox and I had to buy it to play on the system my aunt found lying around for free. It.....Wasn't as good as the other MGS games, like DMC2, MGS2 was the less popular in the series in my eyes.

I also bought the less popular PSP MGS games, (Excluding Peace Walker that game was so good.) they were good games but they weren't MGS games. Acid 2 got alot of things right than the first....And adding in a perverted model viewer of Japanese girls half naked doing stuff, using the 'Solid Eye' I also got an exclusive MGS4 trailer that really showed how difficult MGS4 is.

MGS4 was the reason I bought a Ps3 in the first place and I never once sold my copy, its like a collector's item for me. I played so many hours of Metal Gear Online when it was still online, the most fun and addictive multiplayer game Ive ever played.

When something gets announced on PS3 or PS4 about Metal Gear Solid V, I'll pay big money for a collector's edition.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

My history with the series... I mained with snake for a while in smash bros...

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

I've never played any of the Metal Gear Solid games, but I really REALLY want to.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

My friend let me borrow Twin Snakes years ago, and I loved it. I'm one of the few that think it's better than the PS1 Original in everything except music. After that though, I didn't play any other one, because I didn't really know what it was: I just loved it. So many years later, I made Snake my best character in Brawl. I then became more interested in the series, but I never ended up getting a PS3 (something I now kind of regret). I got Snake Eater on the 3DS, and it became my favorite 3DS game. I then got the HD Collection on my 360, and loved all of it. After spending a couple weeks watching all of the cutscenes of 4, and hours of looking up stuff online, I feel up-to-date on everything, so I don't really feel that bad about not playing 4. I wanna get Rising, and I plan on getting Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain on my 360.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

I tried so hard to like it but couldnt im still getting phantom pain though looks too good to pass up on.

#6 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Oh god, where do I start. As many of you know I am a super duper huge mega worship Kojima Metal Gear fan. This is my story.

I started out with Metal Gear like many on the PS1. I had bought a PS1 and didn't have any games except the demo disc and I had no memory card. One day I was with my cousin and she had a unopened copy of Metal Gear Solid. I asked her if I could have it and she said yeah. I looked at the front and immediately thought it was a racing game. With that name and a plane white background you guys can understand. When I looked at the back I was amazed to see it was something more. Something that was going to change my life. I was a young kid back then, like 9 years old. I popped in the game and boy was this game kicking my butt. It was so hard. But I kept on playing for a very long time because it was so different from what I had ever played before. It was an experience. The voice acting, the music, the tone everything was so great. I had gotten far in the game and wanted to sleep and then I remembered, no memory card. I didn't know what to do. I wound up leaving the Playstation on and just turning the tv off. I woke up the next morning to the game still playing and I continued guiding Snake, until I got to the torture sequence. I died and expected to continue. But after there was no choice to I realized what Ocelot said was no joke. I had to start the entire game over. I was so angry, but I laughed because once again this game surprised the hell out of me. Eventually I beat it and after I was so obsessed with the Metal Gear storyline I couldn't stop thinking about it. I used to sneak around my house like Snake.

Now Sons of Liberty was something else. This game changed the way I saw the world. I can safely say that MGS2 is one of the biggest influences in my life. And it is my favorite game of all time, just a bit higher than the perfection that is REmake. I was surprised and mad at not playing as Snake in the beginning just like everyone. Eventually I loved Raiden and I like him more than Snake actually. In my eyes he is much more better written than Snake and has more personality than him too. Raiden was me pretty much. Everything he was confused about was what I was confused about. The things that happened in that game had me at a loss and I was actually scared toward the end. At that point I had barely slept for a while and I was dead tired. Seeing the AI getting crazy really made me think maybe I was not right in the head at the moment due to being so tired. When the Colonel said to turn off the console I lost it. I was scared even after knowing how Kojima was from the first game. When I reached the part where you fight side by side with Snake was so powerful for me. It felt like the whole game was leading to that point. The story was so strange yet made sense. After entering Arsenal Gear plus fighting the Rays on the huge platform I pretty much realized none of it was happening. Which hit me quite hard. The ending to me was perfect too. It made me see that there is a reason to keep going and living. Solid Snake's words at the end of that game have stood with me all my life. I could not have asked for a better video game. It was exactly what a sequel should have been. It was literally better in every conceivable way.

I have played all of them but those two are the ones that really helped make me who I am today. The rest are just filling the storyline for me. And I don't consider 4 canon due to the events in 2, but that is another topic altogether. I love this series so much. I think it should have ended a long time ago though, but again another topic.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#7 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Zero history

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Played the second one and loved it, played the 3rd one and loved it, played all the handheld games and loved them, missed the 4th game and cried, watched the announcment of the 5th one got really happy and decided to get it on PS4 :)

#9 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

I beat MGS1 without a memory card. And if you played before if you die you start over.. .well from last saved point that is. So didnt die and didnt save it. I think thats one of my greatest video game achievements.

#10 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

My first experience was the 1st bundle on ps3 with 1 2 and 3.

1 was amazing, 2 was good, didn't really like being raiden that much. I sold the 3rd one to a friend, so my history stops there. I refuse to play any more metal gear until i play 3 in some form.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

My first experience was the 1st bundle on ps3 with 1 2 and 3.

1 was amazing, 2 was good, didn't really like being raiden that much. I sold the 3rd one to a friend, so my history stops there. I refuse to play any more metal gear until i play 3 in some form.

Legacy Collection man: you get Metal Gear MSX, Metal Gear 2 MSX, MGS1-4, Peace Walker, and two digital comics of MGS1 and 2. Not to mention a snazzy art book for $50

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 11 July 2013 - 07:17 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Legacy Collection man: you get Metal Gear MSX, Metal Gear 2 MSX, MGS1-4, Peace Walker, and two digital comics of MGS1 and 2. Not to mention a snazzy art book for $50

yup, thats what I'm very close to going ahead and doing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!