Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

"My purpose here is not to reveal technical information but to show you that us devs are consumers too. Some of the policies we too only heard the day of the reveal or at E3. We too, ponder about their pros and cons. I can tell you we have heated discussions on our policies all the time internally. Engineering practices have taught us there are always trade offs. We lay out all the benefits of different policies and figure out what we have to give up in order to obtain those benefits.
The positive comments we read make us happy. The negatives give us the impression that we are evil and the Xbox One might as well be the Troll box. I have confidence in our management that all their decisions are always well debated before they come to a plan of action.

There's no way I can answer some of these questions without someone else on the team reading it and saying, "I know exactly who this guy is." All I can offer is insight on our culture, the way we think, and what why we implemented some of our policies

Marc Whitten once told me that at E3, he fully knew Sony kicked our butts and wasn't sure how to deal with people on the demo floor. What he saw repeatedly was after people sat down and played with the Xbox One, the Kinect, the voice controls, the hand gestures, the UI, they had sparks in their eyes. This why we still believe we have the better product."

http://www.reddit.co...lmost_anything/

Most of the points he mentions:
- Console is almost inaudible
- Failure rate is probably going to be comparable to that of the X360 with X360 Slim, so in other words, no RROD issues expected.
- You cant snap AAA games (make them appear in the little window) but other apps like IE, Skype, Twitch are all snapable.
- Cannot comment on upclocking rumor, but games look as good as they do on high end PC's
- Family sharing was full games. It was designed to eliminate physical disk exchange and simplify game sharing.
- No word on the thought process with the lack of headset, its one of those things they don't find out about until the last minute. However, there is indication that it will ship with a wired headset.
- Kinect is there to guarantee exposure for developers, and people dismiss it now because they have not seen it in action. In conclusion, shut up about it until you see it in action.
- Why not let us unplug Kinect?
A: The number of features on the Xbox One that uses the Kinect is almost too many to count. I can't imagine using the console without it. To me, I see two ways to deal with this.
1) Not require the Kinect to be always plugged in and have all these features turned off by default.
2) Enable these features by default and turn them off if people choose to turn off the Kinect.
The first choice would undermine our guarantee to game developers.

- Kinect costs almost as much to make as the console, its important to the console, although many consumers just care about the system itself, ignoring the Kinect.
- DRM reversal came as a surprise for many, he feels like they didn't communicate the benefits enough/properly.
- Specs were out of his hands, and he is sure they were tested and retested to fit their manufacturing and financial capabilities.
- Kinect can do TrackIR
- Sony devs commented that MS won the games at E3, but they didn't win the gamers.
- Name of console was a surprise for them as well.

So we learn what we already know, The Kinect is what driving up the cost of the console I'm  glad to hear that there won't be any RROD issues, but there's a possibility it could still happen. 

Edited by Zinix, 13 July 2013 - 08:58 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

So X1 forces is to buy a government spy tool, not cool Microsoft, not cool.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Want a PS4 but after the way the WiiU has gone i'm thinking of holding off until the games come out and the thing gets some support, plus maybe a price drop???

Xbone is a no go.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

I still hate the hell out of this console, and I'm starting to MS too, might be switching Windows to Linux soon, sick of bowing down to men in suits who only wanna line thier pockets, corporate America eh? Think they own the damn world.

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

Would a dev know about the RROD possibility of the console yet?

I mean, all they would have is a dev kit and they're normally larger and aren't final anyway, the finished version of the Xbone could have a RROD issue just like the 360.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

Waitwaitwait the Kinect costs as much as the console? So if Microsoft ditched the Kinect the X1 could retail at the same price as the Wii U?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!