Photo

Frostbite engine Wii U Kickstarter campaign.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

So don't rip the CR-P out of me, this is just a crazy idea I had. There are many people like me who enjoy various EA (Games). Battlefield, NFS (different engine) and so on.

Now EA are not flavour of the month in Nintendo fans eyes, with their ever changing stance. Frostbite will work, it won't work. The Wii U is CR-P so on and so forth.

We all know it's down to money, the cost of the time needed. So this is my idea.

Could a Kickstarter campaign not be set-up for the sole purpose of financing the cost to port Battlefield 4 and the Frostbite engine to Wii U.

Ideas please. Surely it wouldn't cost that much, a few million or so?

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

You'll probably not get a few million on Kickstarter. A few million is reserved for if EA themselves with their branding and credentials made the Kickstarter post and filled it with attractions.

You'll get $1000 or so.

Edited by Amnesia, 16 July 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

Would EA even take the money to port the game? That's one of the biggest questions.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

It's the Kickstarter about buying Rare and giving it to Nintendo all over again, but this time for frostbite working on Wii U... No i do not like EA. they can go fall in a ditch (which is where they are leading to up to now)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Frostbite engine not being brought to wii u has nothing to do with money.

EA doesn't want to work with Nintendo.

Their multitude of excuses and back pedals when people call them on their bull is pretty revealing.

Now, thy blame the perfectly fine online capabilities.

Next it will be something else.

Even if their employees secretly designed a wii u version of the engine on their own time that looks better thn the ps4 engine, it won't happen. It's politics. And once that's the reason, throw common sense out the window.

#6 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

This is a troll post, right? You want to start a Kickstarter to hopefully raise "a couple million" to pay EA to make Frostbite games on the Wii U?

#7 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

This is a troll post, right? You want to start a Kickstarter to hopefully raise "a couple million" to pay EA to make Frostbite games on the Wii U?

No this is NOT a troll post, I wrote an article about the the very same thing, to gauge interest, and to see if it would be feasible, by an individual or EA themselves.

If you took it the wrong way, well sorry for that.   

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

F*** EA!

#9 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

F*** EA!

Why? Battlefront by DICE? 

#10 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

I doubt this would actually be legal, all kickstarter funds would have to be managed by EA or DICE to begin with. EA is too far up their own a** to accept that the WiiU is just as capable as every other console, it's not so much the WiiU isn't capable but it just isn't a good financial decision. More games on a console does mean more sales but people are too scared to take the first move, i know know Battlefield is quite a good game but are we really missing out on much. Battlefield 4 is basically living of the hype from Battlefield 3, i have serious doubts about how good it will actually be, people will still buy it regardless. But have a look of what it has to offer, slightly better graphics (yawn), the ability to play on your idevice (next...), Skyscrapers now explode into piece (does that really add that much more. I don't know why DICE bothers staying with EA, they could be so much better in the hands of another company.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Why? Battlefront by DICE? 

Because it's EA, like one of the worst gaming companies ever, have you been living under a rock, starting next gen they could also be making games that cost $80!!!

#12 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Because it's EA, like one of the worst gaming companies ever, have you been living under a rock, starting next gen they could also be making games that cost $80!!!

No I an't living under a rock. (It's too hot at the moment). Games will always go up in price, it just how things go.

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

No I an't living under a rock. (It's too hot at the moment). Games will always go up in price, it just how things go.

That was just one of my points dude, there is a reason EA have won worst company in America 2 years in a row, seriously worst gaming company ever.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

I enjoy BF3... but in general they still suck.
No sig.

#15 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

The only think that will get frostbite on wii u is more wii u's being sold, start a kickstarter to raise 3 million, spend all the money on wii u consoles, give them away, and E.A cant say the console hasnt sold well.
What bugs me though is ps4 and xbox one havent sold any as there not even out yet but they have support ????

#16 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

The only way EA are making wii u games again is when a lot more wii u consoles are sold and the type of games they make will depend on what wii u owners want. They make not necessarily want this type of game. EA made wii games to suit the wii market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!