• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

So I've been looking into the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 and the Elgato Game Capture card. They both look good but which one is the better capture card? Just curious to know which is the better one to have.

#2 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

I haven't tried either but I want you to know something if you are planning to record. Make sure you do test recording beforehand, sometimes you can be very quiet or very loud. Sometimes audio is not picked up and you need to look at the program a long time to find a answer. Also if you plan on recording while playing on your T.V you might need some extra cables if it does not come with the recording device. I also recommend playing with the editor to prepare yourself for trimming or maybe adding things in. I have not recorded in hd before so I assume that upscaling is included with these recorders you might use. This involves a lot of thinking and work.

this might be what your looking for a answer

#3 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

The only thing putting me off getting one of these things it's the absurd price they ask for them. Although the elgato one seems way better if not only because of it's small size but because it had HDMI ports.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#4 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Definitely the Elgato. I'm using it currently and it's a great deal and I can absolutely not think of any complaints about it.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#5 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

Elgato is superb
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!