Photo

Should the WiiU or future console have a Nintendo 64 channel?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'm going to say this and I know there are a lot who will agree with me.
I love my Nintendo 64, and its games. But with being such an old console with controllers that have worn out to being hard to use, Makes me not want to bother playing.

Wouldn't it be cool to open up a Nintendo 64 channel with all or 95% of its games, somewhat remastered to be playable on the WiiU with the newer game controller they have?
I know the Wii did this on VC with a few games, but I mean all games. And they can be transferred to future consoles as well if you bought them.

I think that would be amazing for people to reach back to their childhood games by this new channel.

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

It'd only be reasonable for Nintendo if said channel cost a couple thousand dollars.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

People want new games and I don't think that kind of strategy would attract any new customers. Remastered games are OK from time to time but they should not turn into a top priority for any publisher. And you should agree that what you're asking for would be a very time-consuming task.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#4 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Its never going to happen as it wouldn't be practical. There would be too many issues regarding third party games.

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Having all of the N64 library on one system sounds expensive unless they do a Netflix-type system: monthly subscription to be able to stream them, but that would require being connected to the internet at all times to play them.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'd prefer it if they get a standardized emulator wrapper, then just get a license from the original developer (if they exist) to pull the rom off of any old cartridge and put it in the eShop. Especially for GameCube games. They could just hire some of the brains behind the Dolphin project and make NGC games a pull and plop operation. Heck, Dolphin code could possibly remove the need for a dedicated Wii Mode.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

i agree with you because 90% of the fun im having on my wii u right now is with the VC and this awesome pro controller. $60 a game is a little steep for me at this point so i take advantage of the 30 cent games we were treated to.(Yoshi-who'da thunk it?). i like having the opportunity to backtrack and get the fun games i missed out on.

Save the Deku trees!

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

There should be an N64 channel and third parties would love the opportunity to see their no longer available games available once again.

Even if it's cents on the dollar. It's something and it adds up.

BUT

I have a feeling NINTENDO may not want it until they are sure they won't be extracting too many old ideas from N64 games...

#9 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

What's wrong with bringing the best titles of the N64 library to the VC like they did on the Wii? Bringing back the entire library is not only not practical but mostly useless. It's fine, some people want to replay classics but that's it... Not every game is worth bringing back.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#10 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

i am sure these will be on the VC in the coming months, i don't really see the need for all these old games to be continually available on Nintendo consoles, yes there are some class old games, but releasing every one time after time, it pointless imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!