Photo

Nintendo Not Accepting Independent Wii U Developers Based in Japan "At This Time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

http://www.nintendol...an_at_this_time

Seeing as Western Indie devs can Self Publish instead of getting a company to do it for them, this is kinda weird...

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Sounds like bueracratical and logistical red tape bs to me.

Better get it resolved fast, before they stop complaining about wanting to make wii u games, and just move on.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Sounds like bueracratical and logistical red tape bs to me.

Better get it resolved fast, before they stop complaining about wanting to make wii u games, and just move on.

Nintendo being Nintendo.... they have so many issues and things to work on right now. if they climb out of this hole and stand on top of gaming world again it would be nothing short of a MIRACLE. seriously it seems like every day there are at least two negative articles about nintendo i read.... its almost unfair but at the sametime they are partly responsible.

Edited by GAMER1984, 23 July 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Nintendo being Nintendo.... they have so many issues and things to work on right now. if they climb out of this hole and stand on top of gaming world again it would be nothing short of a MIRACLE. seriously it seems like every day there are at least two negative articles about nintendo i read.... its almost unfair but at the sametime they are partly responsible.

Eh, theyve been worse off than this.

What looks like the case is, Nintendo pushed bamboo (nintendo web framework) for north america and europe, as thats where they were having the most trouble getting people wanting to develop on wii u.

If youll notice, 99.98% of the games that arent crap, are from japanese devs.

Big Western publishers dont want to give nintendo the time of day. In fact, it seems tbey may just be happier without the competition.

So nintendo is going after TOMORROWS big names, before they get big. They want to plant a seed now and have it quickly grow into a solid fr
ramework, like how bamboo grows.

So they did practically EVERYTHING for web devs.

Web framework and unity are free, web framework will PORT YOUR PC/IOS/ANDROID HTML5 APP/GAME FOR YOU EVEN MAPPING THE MOUSE TO THE TOUCH SCREEN AND SWAPPING KEYBOARDS AND THE GAMEPAD SCREEN AT THE PUSH OF A BUTTON, and its extensions and dispatchers are able to optimize the code themselves to gain locked 60fps performance of gpu bench 3, at 720p, hacked for 700 sprites, by just pushing a fricking button during a real time demonstration, without ever having to bring up the debugger.

All someone who has an existing html5/javascript based game on ios or pc android has to do to do a bare minimum port WITH functioning gamepad integration to wii u is literally open NWF and push a button.

Youd have to be an idiot to not port to wii u at that point. Youd be giving away money.

Obviously, that would be a very attractive deal to ANY Indy dev, and the japanese indies are frothing over it....

And are being denied.

Most likely, nwf just isnt in japanese, it would need to be localized. But thats limely just the tip of the iceburg.

Nintendo is giving a LOT of stuff away for free. they dont have infinite supplies, so they have to prioritize.

Japanese indy games can be very.... kooky in a japanese way, likely in ways illegal in the states, and may end up pitting ninty in legal hot water without revising their 'no conept approval' shtick.

Regaurdless, Nintendo just sparked a bit of fire in a place they didnt expect. They need to move fast before it sours and turns against them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Eh, theyve been worse off than this.

What looks like the case is, Nintendo pushed bamboo (nintendo web framework) for north america and europe, as thats where they were having the most trouble getting people wanting to develop on wii u.

If youll notice, 99.98% of the games that arent crap, are from japanese devs.

Big Western publishers dont want to give nintendo the time of day. In fact, it seems tbey may just be happier without the competition.

So nintendo is going after TOMORROWS big names, before they get big. They want to plant a seed now and have it quickly grow into a solid fr
ramework, like how bamboo grows.

So they did practically EVERYTHING for web devs.

Web framework and unity are free, web framework will PORT YOUR PC/IOS/ANDROID HTML5 APP/GAME FOR YOU EVEN MAPPING THE MOUSE TO THE TOUCH SCREEN AND SWAPPING KEYBOARDS AND THE GAMEPAD SCREEN AT THE PUSH OF A BUTTON, and its extensions and dispatchers are able to optimize the code themselves to gain locked 60fps performance of gpu bench 3, at 720p, hacked for 700 sprites, by just pushing a fricking button during a real time demonstration, without ever having to bring up the debugger.

All someone who has an existing html5/javascript based game on ios or pc android has to do to do a bare minimum port WITH functioning gamepad integration to wii u is literally open NWF and push a button.

Youd have to be an idiot to not port to wii u at that point. Youd be giving away money.

Obviously, that would be a very attractive deal to ANY Indy dev, and the japanese indies are frothing over it....

And are being denied.

Most likely, nwf just isnt in japanese, it would need to be localized. But thats limely just the tip of the iceburg.

Nintendo is giving a LOT of stuff away for free. they dont have infinite supplies, so they have to prioritize.

Japanese indy games can be very.... kooky in a japanese way, likely in ways illegal in the states, and may end up pitting ninty in legal hot water without revising their 'no conept approval' shtick.

Regaurdless, Nintendo just sparked a bit of fire in a place they didnt expect. They need to move fast before it sours and turns against them.

why arent we seeing more ios/android/web/html5 games on Wii U yet? i loved gunman clive iwould love something like that on Wii U. i think Nintendo can survive on 1st party exclusive 3rd party and indie devs. we need the GAMES. but seriously its alreadt too much. i dont even know how im going to find the time to playthrough Splintercell, Pikmin 3, W101, WWHD, Watchdogs, DKTF, and 3DWorld....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!