#1 TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

Hey guys! ^^~ I just wanted to make this thread for speculation on what will be in the Wii U's box?

I think:
Wii U and the Controller (derp.)
RCA/ maybe proprietary HD cable of some sort.
Replacement stylus.
A Wii remote (yes, a Wii remote, call it stupid but it would be a way of getting rid of old/ pre-manufactured factory stuff)
Manuals
Club Nintendo
AC Cable
Controller Charger/Dock.

and a Sensor Bar (How in hell did I forget that? 0_O Thanks, Waller. :D)

Also, remember how we saw those Wii Sports and Wii Fit HD/Wii U upgrades on the E3 trailer? I wouldn't be surprised if they were offered as free DLC, just like how they put Wii Sports with the Wii.

Edited by :3^^saranghaeyo!:3^^, 11 September 2011 - 02:20 AM.

"This news fills my heart with rainbows!"

#2 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

I reckon the same, although I don't think there will be a charging stand, either the Wii U controller will run on batteries and then we'll get third party charging stands or you'll have to plug it into either the wall or the Wii U console. Also, I think it'll include a nunchuck.
Posted Image

#3 TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:02 AM

I reckon the same, although I don't think there will be a charging stand, either the Wii U controller will run on batteries and then we'll get third party charging stands or you'll have to plug it into either the wall or the Wii U console. Also, I think it'll include a nunchuck.

I don't think Nintendo would even remotely think of putting a battery operated mechanic in the controller, quite risky too. With battery leakage and all.

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

Add to that a sensor bar.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:09 AM

I don't think Nintendo would even remotely think of putting a battery operated mechanic in the controller, quite risky too. With battery leakage and all.

They did it with with the last remote and also, every other electronics company uses batteries in their products as well, it can't be that risky.

Add to that a sensor bar.

Agreed.
Posted Image

#6 TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

They did it with with the last remote and also, every other electronics company uses batteries in their products as well, it can't be that risky.

Agreed.

But the Wii U controller does have a screen and internal memories and whatnot. Some battery acid would be a problem. Well, not to say it would be a problem for any other controller.

#7 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

Didn't they confirm the censor bar is on the Wii U controller?
No signature here....

#8 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:00 AM

Did they? Oh wow! Can you give us a link or something to a source or something? This seems awesome.
Posted Image

#9 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Did they? Oh wow! Can you give us a link or something to a source or something? This seems awesome.

Yes, the controller does have a sensor bar, although there could also be a separate one to go on top of the TV. In addition to what has already been suggested, I think there's a good chance of a Wii U Sports game, or something similar, to show of the Wii U's abilities. Although, that could just stored on the system, rather than on a disc.

#10 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

I'm not sure about you, but I don't want to keep the controller in front of the tv when I'm playing multiplayer.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#11 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

Censor bar? So... No M rated games on the controller? XD
/shot

Anyway, I think you're (:3^^saranghaeyo!:3^^) right for the most part. Though they might actually include a game as well, depending on how expensive the console is and how many they think they can sell. Metroid: Collectors edition, anyone?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Censor bar? So... No M rated games on the controller? XD
/shot

Anyway, I think you're (:3^^saranghaeyo!:3^^) right for the most part. Though they might actually include a game as well, depending on how expensive the console is and how many they think they can sell. Metroid: Collectors edition, anyone?

I agree completely with until you mention Metroid:Collectors Edition. Nintendo seems to be pushing Metroid back to B-list franchise status as a series. Maybe a collection of 3D Mario Titles instead?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#13 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

I agree with everything you said. I think the controller charger will be just a wire and not a dock.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

I agree completely with until you mention Metroid:Collectors Edition. Nintendo seems to be pushing Metroid back to B-list franchise status as a series. Maybe a collection of 3D Mario Titles instead?

Not sure what you mean by pushing it to B-list, as it would be a collection in the vein of Zelda: Collector's edition for the gamecube, not a new game... But I think having a M:CE would be a pretty bad idea, as that would only convince Nintendo fans who haven't played any of them. Which is not many, because they're Nintendo fans.

On the other hand, a Metroid:CE would be a great incentive for the hardcores, as many of them missed out on the older titles like Super Metroid and Metroid II. Plus it could possibly introduce people to the franchise, and would be a great way to show how well games play on the controller. Bonus if they include enhanced versions :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

Also, looking at promo images, they showed an image with the sensor bar on the TV, and with the controller.

#16 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:45 AM

I imagine that at least the original sensor bar would still be necessary for everyone playing with Wii remotes, as those are still going to be a regularly used control standard on the system, and rightly so, considering that their potential was nowhere near fully tapped this generation as is. Let alone that of Wii MotionPlus - I'm hoping we'll see a lot more MotionPlus games on the Wii U.

As for pack-ins, more likely than anything classic gaming, I suspect we'll see some more Mii-based Wii Sports type things, along with some branching out in that regard with some other types of Mii-based games, looking at the Battle Mii and Chase Mii tech demos and how Mii gaming has been integrated on the 3DS already through StreetPass. Some online-focused features seem like they'd be a vital pack-in if Nintendo's really going to get fully serious about getting everyone online this next generation. Ideally, you'd want online setup and an account for stats and Mii-based social networking to be one of the first things you'd do when you first load up the system and new users in the household are first introduced to it, much like how when you first start up the 3DS, your first task is to create your system profile Mii and input some data for that.

Any Mii-based pack-in, whether Wii Sports 3/Wii U Sports or some other variety of Mii-based games, should ideally have online play included as a main focus to push everyone to get online after setting the system up and to make sure everyone has at least one online game to get them hooked on some fun Mii-based online gaming with friends and family, perhaps pushing the idea of keeping friends and family connected even over long distances in commercial campaigns, much like with the concept video's video chat. Any of these Mii games could certainly be comfortably adapted to have online modes, and I would think that some sort of StreetPass games-esque online Mii social metagames would act as a great means to get people hooked on going online and social networking, much like with Facebook games. And then things like that could connect with any sort of achievement system and anything perhaps Miitropolis-esque, if we do indeed end up seeing anything like that concept.

Bottom line, now that they're getting serious about online, they should really have as many online features ready to go right out of the box as soon as possible, rather than making us wait for firmware updates for features like we've had to with the Wii and 3DS, and a packed-in encouraging users to do online multiplayer in addition to having the Wii's local fun, emphasizing how they've beefed up our ability to play together from afar now too, rather than just when we're close by. Keeping a pleasant emphasis on that sort of thing through the sort of 'friends and family' angle they also had with the Wii is something that I could see working to get more users online than before, rather than pushing the more intense, "Get online and kick ass!" aggressive focus we tend to see with Sony and Microsoft where online play is concerned. That kind of angle creates a definite barrier to appealing to the mass market, and a much friendlier angle - as thoroughly discussed over in the Miitropolis thread - could undoubtedly do wonders for getting more people online. As it stands, the majority of Netflix streaming users stream through game consoles now, and the majority of those streaming through consoles are doing so through the Wii - there's an audience that goes online there that hasn't be nearly as tapped for online gaming as it could be, and the right approach to regular online communication, social networking, and gaming that isn't just about shooting each other in realistic environments can definitely grow the online audience significantly and lead to even more of an environment for all to enjoy.

#17 lostdwarf

lostdwarf

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

Hi I am new to this forum but I am not 'new' to the subject. In fact, as long as I am carefull I can tell you more than is already known about wiiU.

I joined after reading this topic as I can clear things up a little for you.

The WiiU controller does not take batterys. - It is fully rechargeable.
Also the sensor bar is the same as the one for Wii. exactly the same.
Also their is a sensor bar built into the controller(it will be used to track wii-remotes when the controller is on its charge stand or any number of other positions)
You get a controller stand to display the controller as a picture frame, this also charges the controller or you can use any of the consoles USB ports. (of which there are 4 and they are all USB2)
The wiiU controller has advanced motion technology built straight into it. It can do some things the wii-remote could only dream of, putting it on another level to even PS3MOVE in motion tech and beyond all other controllers with features.
It does NOT try to copy/beat/emulate anything that Kinect can do.

#18 Fire Mario

Fire Mario

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario! Pokemon, Kirby, and much more.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Good news you can use rechargeable batteries. It wouldn't really be a Wii with the sensor bar. The controller looks good for the console. I think there is just something we don't know about the Wii U yet. I think the Wii U is bigger than the Wii.
Posted Image

#19 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

This is what I think it will come with.
Wii U console
Wii U controller
Stylus and maybe a replacment stylus or two
Controller Charger
cables and wires for power, audio, sound possibly a wire that connects to the controller charger
Console Manuals and advertisement papers for other games.
Club Nintendo product registration paper
Wii Remote and Nunchuck
Sensor Bar
maybe a HDMI Cable
and possibly a pack in game like Wii U Sports or something like that.

Edited by Firejonie, 12 September 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#20 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Wii U, sensor bar, plugs, cables, manual, and Wii U controller. That's probably going to be all of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!