• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

pokemon-xy-download-card-2.gif

Roughly the same size as MH3. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

(2rgdo.jpg

Since im going for both X and Y, I'll stick to physical copies thank you very much.

#3 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

What? I thought they'd b pushing the 8 gig card for sure. But meh. I'm not really surprised since games are so much smaller than they usually seem anyway.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#4 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

B2W2 used a 512MB cartridge, but the actual space used was little more than 300MB (with a lot of redundant data carried over from the prequels), so X and Y are roughly six times larger. Also, there are only four 3DS games that use more space, with the rest being a fair bit lower in size. Actually, that list only refers to games available on the American eShop, but I doubt that there are other space-heavy games.

The Pokémon data won't take up more than 500MB judging from Pokédex 3D (whose filesize is roughly 400MB).

#5 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

There wasn't even a 1% chance of me downloading the digital version anyway. :P

#6 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think that this is appropriate seeing as everything had to transition into 3D models

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

HAH! Lets wait and see how many digital sales they obtain now.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

I go for physical copies of games anyhow, but with all the moves and models using polygonal models on top of non-MIDI music I'd assume at least 3 gigs! I suppose that everything has been compressed to minuscule size to save on memory. 

#9 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

hmmm, i WAS going to download this, but now I have to reconsider, because i dont want to upgrade SD cards just for this game. For now it might make sense to just but the physical copy, and then down the road upgrade and download pokemon Z.

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I haven't even figured out if I want to go digital or physical for this yet. Went digital with Animal Crossing but I think I'm leaning physical for this.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!